First Encounter

The One with the Strange Encounter

July 1, 2019

 

 “Ugh, why the heck is it so bright?” she groaned.

 

Yongsun tried to open her eyes and groaned again when the sunlight greeted her brightly.

 

She looked at where she was and was met with grey walls, navy blue curtains, a musky scent and a realization.

 

She blinked once. 

 

She blinked twice.

 

She blinked again.

 

And again.

 

“WHERE THE AM I???”, she loudly exclaimed.

 

Where she was wasn’t her place or her room. It wasn’t even at any of her friends’ place, because she would instantly know if it were. 

 

Yongsun suddenly felt cold and shivered. She pulled the blankets closer to her but then she saw what she was wearing. 

 

It was an oversized blue shirt and shorts.

 

Those weren’t hers.

 

The last thing she remembered about last night was drinking in a bar, alone. 

 

So, she was questioning herself how the heck did she end up here.

 

“, I’m never drinking again for now.” she mumbled. 

 

She tried to get up but two things were stopping her.

 

A throbbing headache and an arm that was draped around her.

 

She immediately looked at the other person lying beside her with a horrified expression.

 

“Did I just have last night?? OmyGahd, I’m such an idiot.”, she loudly whispered to herself while covering her face with her hands out of embarrassment.

 

She blushed at the thought of having with the person next to her.

 

She’s pretty though. And if I ever did have with her, I bet it was good. she thought.

 

What she didn’t know was that the other person can clearly hear what Yongsun says to herself.

 

“Stop being so ing loud in the morning.” The person mumbled to her.

 

Yongsun immediately froze at what she heard and felt embarrassed. 

 

While she was processing what the other said, the latter pulled the other one closer and snuggled to her.

 

“I know you are probably thinking how you ended up in my place and how we ended up like this. And you probably have a throbbing headache right now. So, I think it's better if you sleep first. I’ll answer your questions later.” the stranger told her.

 

But Yongsun just wanted to know one thing right now. 

 

“Did we-“, Yong was asking the other girl when  the stranger immediately cut her off.

 

“No, we didn’t do anything. Now shush up, and cuddle with me while you sleep.” She quickly replied.

 

Yongsun was baffled with what she heard. But nevertheless, she cuddled up with the other one and let sleep take over.

 

“It's fine Yong, she seems like a good person. Maybe you can trust her. And she’ll answer your questions later. Just rest for now.”, she mumbled to herself. 

 

Little did Yongsun know is that the reason the stranger wants her to cuddle with her is because the person had the best sleep while cuddling with Yongsun.

 

Both dozed off to their dreamland.

 

—————————————

 

She was running.

 

It was the thing that Byul always does whenever her messy sleep schedule is ing out. 

 

She doesn't know for how long she has been running, but she's sure it's been a while. 

 

She runs until she arrives at her safe spot, the park. She immediately sits down on the bench, just like what she does every time she goes there. 

 

2:43 am, she read.

 

She takes her time in letting herself breathe. She was exhausted and her legs were on the verge of giving up. She doesn't know why but being here always calms her down. 

 

Maybe it's the park. Maybe it's the emptiness of the place. Maybe it's the trees and how the grass looks green. Nevertheless, it gave her peace.

 

Byul scanned the place. It was quiet and dark, which she was thankful for. She always goes to the park during the ungodly hours of the night, because it was always empty and her sleep schedule was so ty. 

 

What she didn't notice was that someone was already sitting next to her.

 

The person that was sitting next to her was wearing an all black outfit. A black hoodie, with black sweatpants paired with black shoes. 

 

She couldn't see the person's face exactly because the hood was over the person's head.

 

At first, she felt terrified. She knows it was risky and scary to go to the park alone during night time. And that, someone could kidnap her anytime now. Lots of questions were running through her head.

 

Am I going to die now? Is it my time? Am i going to be kidnapped?, she was rambling in her mind.

 

She takes a deep breath again, calming herself down. 

 

Byul gathered her courage and approached the stranger ready to attack with her so-called “martial arts” skills.

 

As she went closer, what she saw was what she didn't expect.

 

Dark and curled eyelashes, a cute button nose, pouty lips and reddish cheeks.

 

The blonde felt puzzled with the situation she came upon.

 

The one who was sitting next to her was a girl. 

 

A girl whom she thought was going to kidnap her.

 

As she was standing over the girl, she saw the girl's face. She hasn't seen her before. 

 

But then Byul realized something. 

 

The person who was next to her wasn't sitting, she was sleeping. The stranger was snoring in an empty park during a late night.

 

Taking a nap in an empty park during a late night. 

 

Byul thinks the other person might be crazy. But then again, she also goes here lots of times at this time of the night. 

 

Why would someone like her sleep here at this time? That's just crazy. 

 

A strange stranger. she thought

 

She decided to wake the girl up. But when she started to gently shake the stranger, she smelled something.

 

Alcohol. 

 

She's drunk???

—————————————————————

 

She didn’t know why, but sleeping and cuddling with the person next to her made her sleep peacefully. It had been so long for her to have a good amount of sleep.  

 

Byul could have ditched her and left the stranger there all alone. 

 

However, something in her guts told her not to. The stranger was a woman after all. 

 

And that was no place for a woman to be alone, especially during the night.

 

Byul has been awake for a while now. 

 

She grabbed her phone to check the time but she knew it was around noon.

 

11:09 am, she read.

 

Just casually staring hard at the ceiling and at the stranger. 

 

Something must have happened to her huh? No one would be in their right mind to be drunk and to sleep in a park during late hours. I hope she’s okay though. She thought.

 

So many questions ran through her head, but she let herself wait for the other person.

 

She got up, left a pill of aspirin with a glass of water for the latter, and decided to prepare some food for her guest.

 

As she was preparing both of their meals, she couldn’t forget the look that the other one gave her when the stranger was questioning if they had . 

 

She looked horrified. But nevertheless, she still looks cute. And pretty. And cute. And pretty. And cute. Byul repeated in her mind.

 

Suddenly, a burning scent filled her nose and she was brought back to reality. 

 

“ the pancakes!”, she facepalmed herself. 

 

As she was trying to salvage the burnt pancakes, a figure came out of the bedroom. 

 

“IS EVERYTHING OKAY?!” the stranger panicky said as she hurriedly went to Byul.

 

“Uhm yeah... I just kinda burnt our pancakes..” Byul said while smiling sheepishly, feeling embarrassed.

 

“Hmm, not to be rude but, would you mind if I take over? I happened to be an expert in cooking pancakes. And I don’t think you are.”, Byul could see that the other one was trying to contain her laugh. 

 

Both laughed at the situation that they have.

 

“I’m Byul, Moon Byulyi.” Byul introduced herself.

 

“Well I’m Yongsun. Kim Yongsun.” Yongsun stated as she was laying the pancakes on their plate.

 

Kim Yongsun... just like the sun... pretty.. Byul thought.

 

“Wow... you are good. These look amazing..” Byul exclaimed.

 

“Now now, don’t flatter me too much.. You haven’t tasted them yet.. And I already know that I’m amazing.” Yongsun said smugly.

 

Byul and Yong started to eat their respective meals.

 

Yongsun was about to have a bite, when she was abruptly stopped by a sound.

 

“Mhmmmm... this is so ing good..” Byul said as she closed her eyes and moans at the taste of the food.

 

Yongsun can’t help but look at the other one.

 

How the does she makes it so y and cute when she is eating? Her lips look-

 

Her thoughts were interrupted by Byul’s hands in front of her.

 

“Helloooooo? You okay?”, Byul asked with concern.

 

Yongsun nodded and that reassured Byul that she was okay.

 

“So as I was saying, I was asking if you were a chef since you made these AMAZING pancakes.” Byul said while eating.

 

“Is it really that good for you? Well, I guess it's because of how often I make pancakes. And to satisfy your curiosity, no I am not a chef.” Yong told her as she was slicing her pancakes.

 

After hearing what the other said, Moonbyul became even more curious.

 

“So, what do you do?” Byul asked.

 

“I am a 30-year old veteran in professional modeling.” 

 

Byul choked on her pancakes.

 

“ARE YOU OKAY?!” The model immediately went to her side and gave her a glass of water.

 

“I’m fine now, thanks.” Byul said with reddening cheeks.

 

Byul keeps it together. Get your together.

 

“So was it something that I said that made you choke on my amazing pancakes?” Yong playfully asked.

 

No, I would like it if you would choke me. Byul whispered while her imagination was running wild on the model.

 

Byul laughed at Yongsun’s question.

 

“It was nothing. I guess I was just caught off guard with what you do. To be honest, looking at you now, I wouldn’t be surprised if you are one. You’re gorgeous and hot.” Byul casually said while looking at the latter’s eyes.

 

Now it was Yongsun’s turn to blush. The last statement that Byul said made her heart pound.

 

“And let me guess, you do photography?” she asked.