⤪FIVE⤨

The Idol's Love Vol. 3 - Gang AU

“Why would you kill me?” Min Gi asked.

Everyone around looked shocked that she asked such a question instead of the usual response: begging for her life.

“Knowing gang secrets, therefore, being a liability. Causing disruption from the inside. Being a spy.”

Min Gi looked at Johnny, who had a smile on his face while looking at her. He shrugged his shoulders.

“Are you trying to have me killed?” Min Gi smiled back. It wasn’t the kind that shouted “I’m going to kill you”, but one that was genuinely happy. It was Johnny’s smile that made her act that way. It was infectious.

“You asked,” he replied. 

“You’re just as crazy as he is,” Jaehyun huffed.

“Hey, you’re the one who burned down my family home, kidnapped me, and stabbed someone in front of me.”

“You liked it,” Jaehyun huffed again.

Min Gi just shrugged her agreement and looked back to the big boss in front of her. “I don’t think you’ll believe anything I say, so it’s really up to you whether or not you kill me, but…” Min Gi screws up her lips while thinking. “ I don’t really want to be murdered. More like dying in my sleep, that’d be nice—”

“We could give you an injection while you’re sleeping,” Johnny says.

Min Gi laughs with him. “Shut up.”

“Sir,” Jaehyun looks at the man in front of them. “She’s different… I like her, and she’s as crazy as Johnny. I’d like her to stay. I’ve done a lot for this organization. I’d hope you take that into account.”

“And I’ve done a lot for you!” The man yells. Instantly, all the members around the table bow their heads and stare at the table. Min Gi looks at Johnny and then Jaehyun, who are doing the same thing. 

She feels an anger that she knows well builds in her chest and if not stopped, it could lead her to bad things. She snaps her head up to the man in front of her and glares at him before quickly bowing her head, too. If she wanted to stay, she guessed she should be respectful. She had nowhere else to go, anyway.

“You’re angry?” He asks.

Min Gi looks up at him and tries to control her face. “I don’t like it when my boys are yelled at—but I understand that I have no right to be mad at you.”

“... you don’t look like someone who's been kidnapped,” he says.

Finally, everyone else looks back up. “I may have come willingly, but they burned down my house first.”

It looked like both Jaehyun and Johnny wanted to say something, but they kept quiet.

“And then they stabbed someone in front of you?”

“Yes, sir.” She says.

“And that didn’t scare you?”

Min Gi thought back to exactly how she felt when she saw them stab through his hand. She knew she only had a second to either tell him the truth or lie and tell him what he wanted him to hear. 

“I wasn’t scared, but I didn’t like it at first. I was curious. How the wound looked, how bad it hurt, if they could do it differently. Then a little upset that they wouldn’t let me kill him.”

“That’s not a normal response.” The man leaned forward, as if inspecting her closer.

“It’s called ‘Inappropriate Affect’. My emotions don’t match the situation I’m in. When I was born, I died for a little while. Not enough blood to my head, and it left something out.” Min Gi shrugs. “I don’t cry or get sad when I should. Blood and death don’t bother me. I got curious when they stabbed someone. And when I get angry… I tend to not be able to control the damage I cause.”

Everyone pauses, while thinking over what she says, and what the boss’ decision will be.

“She’s your responsibility. If something happens, then you kill her, whether or not you like her. If it affects my money or operations, I will kill you after you kill her. Understand?”

Johnny and Jaehyun nod and Min Gi smiles. 

The boss looks at her smile and thinks it's still strange even with an explanation. 

“Boss Taeyong.” Another member speaks up. He wasn’t that tall, but he was still handsome, and his hair was a delicate light brown, bringing out the slight tan to his skin.

“Taeil?”

“The operation?”

“Ah, yes,” Boss Taeyong nods. “Do you find the mole? Did you kill him? And did you find the molester?”

Johnny sits up in his seat, and for the first time, she sees a serious expression on his face. “He was just a small-time guy who was coerced into working for them, but he had outside help when he was caught. We had a fight that ended up with the guy breaking into a house—her house. When cornered, he popped the gas line behind the stove. We had no choice than to get out, but we trapped him in, and shot at the house. It exploded with him inside. We didn’t get to the other men who helped him though.”

Jaehuyn leaned forward as if it was his turn. “Jeno caught the molester for us and brought him back here. When we got back we tortured him, stopped her from killing him, and then handed him over to our friend in the police.”

“She was really going to kill him?” Boss asked.

“She was like a wild animal,” Johnny laughs. “When we couldn’t pry her hands off his neck, we had to damn near body check her to get her off.”

“That hurt,” Min Gi says.

“We made up for it afterwards, right?”

Min Gi tried to fake pout and look cutely mad but couldn’t force it. “No. You didn’t even let me touch the guns.”

“Later.” Jaehyun patted her hand to get her to be quiet. She didn’t know if that meant later they would talk about it or if later they’d make it up to her. Again, she felt that weird feeling where there was heat slowly seeping from her core to the top of her.

“Your ears are turning red,” Johnny whispers to her. 

“Kun. Updates from your recent job,” Boss Taeyong says, shifting his attention, but Min Gi stopped paying attention as servants poured out, holding trays full of food. They sat plates in front of her, and she drooled at the spread. 

“Western breakfast okay?” Jaehyun quietly asks her. 

“Yes.”

She can feel Jaehyun place a hand on top of her crossed legs, and she tries to ignore that growing hit as she waits for Taeyong to fill his plate first. As soon as he moves and Min Gi fills her plate, Johnny lays a hand on the small of her back. 

“Your ears are getting redder,” he giggles. 

“Later,” Jaehyun says again.