Unexpected Things

Shhhh..I love you - Part 2

Normal routine at Amber office has been interrupt when a beautiful woman stepped into their office. The woman approach Irene station meanwhile Irene too busy staring into her desktop, in middle to re arrange her boss schedule.

“Good Morning. May I assist you Ms.” Irene greets her with smile.

Ask Irene to beautiful women in front her. That woman face looks familiar and Irene had seen her face before. But Irene cannot remember when or where she sees her…

“Morning. Can I see Ms. Amber?” She greets with soft voice. Her aura was so charming that all eyes were attracted to her.

“Sorry Ms. May I know you name?”

“IM NAYEON.” Says her and still with beautiful smile on her face.

All staff including Irene was shocks and remember that woman now. She is Amber fiancé…

“Wait for a while. I will inform to Ms. Amber.” After get confirmation from Amber, Irene assisting Nayeon go to Amber office.

Irene returns to her station and her colleagues gathered at Irene's desk. Ready for “tea time @ gossip time” with her colleagues.

“She so beautiful….” Says the girls.

“Yeah… she looks different in pictures. More beautiful when I see her in real.”

“How they are meet? We never see her here before or she go out with Ms. Amber.”

“There are rumors saying that they were very close before. After her family moved to Japan, they not contact to each other’s anymore. Now she comeback and suddenly became Ms. Amber fiancé.”

“Really?” A gaped can be heard entire department.

“Both of them so perfect. Ms. Amber good looking and her fiancé so beautiful.”

“I’m jealous with her...”

“Wait guys. You all do not feel strange with this sudden engagement?”

“Strange? What you mean?”

“Enough guys. We have a lot task need to complete before this evening. So, back to respective station… please. “Says Irene to stop them. If she not does, they will continue gossips until dawn.

Irene looked towards Amber's room. Sadness can be seen on her face.

“I need to move on and forget her...” Says Irene to herself.

 

…………………..

As much as you want to plan your life, it has a way of surprising you with unexpected things that will make you never expected.

 

 

“Have a seat, Nayeon.” Says Amber. She tries her best to calm.

“Thank you. Am.” Reply by Nayeon.

Both of them take a seat at Amber couch by facing to each other. Felt awkward when they looking eye to eye and wait for between them to open the conversation. In fact, there is a lot that both of them want to talk about.

Amber chuckled when feeling weird with this situation.

“Oh… come on Nayeon. We do better than this before. last I remember, you never be so quiet.” Amber breaking the silence.

Nayeon giggle when she remembers the childhood memory. Amber indeed. Nayeon always nagging to Amber every time they meet.

“You looking good. I’m so surprise when first time I see you.” Says Nayeon.

Amber smiles. “I'm surprised too. The chubby Nayeon I know before now looking so different, huh. Where is the chubby Nayeon gone?” The startle Amber face make Nayeon laugh.

“Look, there one thing never changes on you. You like to tease me.”

“That because you looking cute when you’re mad.” Says Amber with smile on her faces.

Nayeon drink the water to reduce her nervous. Do not know why she is so pounding and embarrassed along the way since she decides to meet Amber today.

“I’m sorry not to contact you after that night. I was confused by everything that happened suddenly.” Amber said with pleasant eyes.

“Am, I understand. Don’t worry. That why I came to meet with you. I want to discuss about this. About us.”

About usAmber startled with that verse. It's like Déjà vu all over again.

“Amber?” Calling Nayeon when Amber did not response to her.

“Huh…” Short response from Amber.

“Are you okay?... “Asked Nayeon to Amber.

“Yeah… I’m good. Sorry, what is again?”

“I said I want to discuss with you. But it’s okay if you not ready to talk right now, I will wait until you’re ready.”

“No…No.” Amber waving both her palms. “Don’t worry. Let’s talk. So… are you okay with what our father did to us?”

“I’m okay if you okay.” Nayeon said casually.

Amber feeling nervous because of that. Amber rubbed both her palms to ease the pressure she was feeling right now.

“What I mean, you will be engaged with me. A girl same uality like you. Peoples will talk about you; people will hate you… Besides, you have the right to choose the real man to be your partner. You deserve better.”

Amber really hope Nayeon also does not agree with this engagement. Easy for Amber to convince her dad.

“And please tell me if you don’t approve with this. I will talk with my dad. Don’t worry, I do my best for us.”

Nayeon smile and spoke. “Am, If I care all the things you said just now… I will never ever agree with this engagement.” Nayeon’s earnestness could be felt by Amber.

“You agree? What that mean?” Amber felt something was wrong with these talks.

“Am, you’re my first love and I love you since we are childhood.” Nayeon said while looking straight into Amber's eyes.

Amber eyes widened after heard Nayeon confession.

Oh god... This is more complicated than I expect. Amber said in her heart.

 

……………………………………..

 

“You will still be engaged with her.”

“You will still be engaged with her.”

“You will still be engaged with her.”

 

Amber out for a jog around her mansion to relieves her stress. But her dad voice keeps playing in her head. This makes Amber stops running after having 5 round and walking to a small bridge at her mansion park.

Standing there, leaning on the bridge railing, holding the universe together. It was a quiet night. As she sat with the moon’s diem light, the wind accompanied her blowing gently through her faces. Feeling cold because her body sweating.

“Go with the flow. Force nothing. Let it happen… trusting that whichever way it goes. It’s for the best” Amber persuaded her heart. Without Amber realizes, her tears fell one by one.

IM NAYEON… The woman who will be called Amber fiancé soon…. The woman she knows since they’re kid. But never expected them to be engaged. This has been arranged by both sides of the family.   

Amber really surprised until become tongue-tied. She wants to protest and disagreeing with this engagement. But for sake of her father, she only nod and keep quiet.

Wipe off her tear, take a deep breath and let it go slowly….

“Everything is gonna be okay, Amber... Don’t worry too much.” Amber mumble to herself.

After taking the short rest… Amber keep running again until her leg feeling numb.

From a distance, Amber didn't know that someone had looking at her. Someone was be there and saw everything Amber did.

“Dad, what are you doing? Why aren't you asleep yet.” Jackie greets her dad. She just comeback from meeting with her friends.

“I’m just looking at your dear sister.” His eyes still did not budge from Amber.

Jackie also turned in that direction. Seeing Amber lying on the grass.

“What she doing? She's drunk, again?!”

"No, Jackie. She kept running like she was being chased by something…. Did Amber tell you anything? or about her sudden engagement? Dad asked Jackie as a he concerns about Amber.

“Nope, dad. Amber didn’t share anything with me.” Jackie had something in her head. But hesitation to asked.

“Dad, I believe you must have your own reasons. But…”

Her dad turned to looking at Jackie and cut her. “You want to know why I make arrangement without discus with Amber, right?”

Jackie nodded. “Amber engagement news ready spread to nationwide even though they not officially engaged. Amber must be shocked. I thought you will discus to her first.”

Her dad sighing. “There no time to convince or discus with Amber. If I talk to her. I know Amber will declined. That why I make sudden announcement to everyone that night. I believes, Amber will be understood and later she will know why I do this to her. Besides this is request from Yoo.”

“Uncle Yoo?! But why?” Jackie asked.

"Yoo really like Amber. He sees Amber can give happiness to his daughter... He trusts Amber more than any other man out there." Says Dad.

“But this is not fair to Amber. She has the right to live her own life, dad.” Jackie protest.

“I had to do this! And Amber must follow my order!” Jackie trembled and could feel that her father was also depressed by this decision.

Her dad takes a deep breath and continue spoke. “Jackie… Uncle Yoo don’t have more time. He was diagnosed with spleen cancer and no one’s from his family know about this.”

Jackie eyebrows furrows

 

“What?!”