New start

Shhhh..I love you - Part 2

“Family” isn’t defined only by last names or by blood; it’s defined by commitment and by love. It means showing up when they need it most. It means having each other’s backs. It means choosing to love each other even on those days when you struggle to like each other. It means never giving up on each other.

And suddenly you know… it’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.

 

“I’m ready for new chapter in my life.” Amber said while looking into mirror. She looks skinny and her face did not look as cheerful as before. 

Today is exactly three months after Amber comeback from Korea. Amber thought she will okay and will forget everything soon, but she totally wrong.

That three-month Amber really struggles to move on from sadness, crying, broken heart, loneliness, suffering… and depression.

Due to Amber severe physical and mental condition, Amber attitude is different from her true self, Amber ignore her father and sister, locked herself in the room, skip food…. skip everything.

Amber almost thought of begging and kneeling to Jessica to accept her back. But, Amber refrains from do it that because Amber knows, what are going now is for good to both of them.

Because of miserable, Amber keeps drinking and smoking nonstop. Until one day her father found her unconscious and immediately send her to hospital. Amber almost killed herself or more precisely is Amber thought to ending her lives…

After that incident, her father takes temporary leave and taking care of her until her recover. Jackie will take turn to accompany her if dad cannot avoid circumstances or urgent meeting with shareholders. They try the best to show that they love Amber and caring about her.

No one know what actually problem Amber go thru. Even though her father and sister asking Amber many times, no word came out from . They tried to asking John, but still don’t get any clues from him.

This is because, John and Amber already makes deal to pretending that nothing happens between them. John doesn’t want their father get involved into this fight.

Amber also doesn’t want her father worried. Amber will keep this secret even though John don’t say to her.

About John, Amber let the time recover it… After all, John and Amber never talk or contact to each other after that day…. Amber believes, one day them will get back… Amber believes that everything happens for a reason.

And… to Jessica, maybe this isn’t they time yet. Amber let fate decide. If they were meant to be, they’ll be together. Maybe not now. Maybe not yet. Or, maybe not anymore.

Amber takes a deep breath and release slowly. “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.”. Then, Amber fixes her shirt, tidy up her hair and walking out from her room. Amber ready goes to work again.

 

……………..

 

“Amber!” Jackie shouts Amber name from dining table. Jackie and dad taking breakfast together. Amber smile and walking toward them.

“Good morning, everyone” cheerful greeting from Amber.

“Morning, Am.” Both of them greets her back.

“Have a seat, join us. “Dad fill up Amber plate with waffle, baked beans and crumbled egg.

Amber nodded. “Thanks, dad.” She replies to him. This is first time they had breakfast together after she comeback. Jackie and dad really happy when seeing her. That makes Amber sad. She thought, she was so selfish because ignoring them.

Jackie helps to get the cup of tea and give to Amber. "Our handsome Llama will make the girls scream and go crazy again today." She bluntly said to her.

“Shut up, Jackie.”  Amber playfully said to her.

“You don't believe me, we'll see later.” Jackie grinned while she said to Amber.

“Whatever.” Amber shaking her head. Jackie loves to teasing her.

“Eat, Am. You need plenty energy today. I will show to everyone that my daughter is back.” Dad give warmest smile to her.

Amber feeling guilty. They always caring, taking care and support her. She blames herself to being selfish and stupid because make them worried. Amber hold her dad hand. He stops what he doing and look at her.

With tearful eyes, Amber said to him. “Forgive me for what I’m doing before. I’m really sorry. I promised to both of you, I will never make you worried about me anymore. I will make you proud of me.” Amber said and she really meant it.

Amber dad nodded, give warm smile and came to hug her. Jackie too. Hugging is the most beautiful form of communication that allows the other person to know beyond a doubt that they matter to you.

“Even you are big enough now, you are still my baby. You can share everything to me. I always here for you. Don’t treat me like stranger. Okay. I love you.” Amber dad said with soothing voice.

Amber nodded. “I love you too, dad.”

“You still my baby too. Starting today, forget what’s gone. Appreciate what still remains and look forward to what coming next.” Jackie continues said to Amber.

Amber mount thanks to Jackie. Soon enough, they start laugh when got shames because of crying. All of them continue to eating and chit chat like nothing happen and it make Amber thankful.

For sake of good, Amber going to smile like nothing is wrong, talk like everything is perfect, act like it’s all a dream, and pretend like it’s not hurting her.

 

………..

 

Amber tries her best to living like before. Busy herself with work, meeting with client, hangout with colleague, playing golf with her dad and day by day Amber getting better. Only drinking and smoking still there but less than before.

Amber dad creates the new rules that not allowed any alcohol into his mansion without his permission. All maid has been reminding to report to him if they found that Amber drinking.

Oh, this old man really serious. Amber have been controlled by him and she don’t mind at all. Amber knows he doing this because he loves her.

 

“Ms. Amber.”

 

“Ms. Amber”

 

Deep thought made Amber unaware that someone was calling her name over and over again and she is her PA, Irene.

“Uh…. Yes”, Amber said and composed herself.

“Sorry to enter without your permission. I knock your door, but didn't get response from you.” She apologies.

“No worry, I don’t mind.” Should be Amber apologies to her. “It’s there anything, Irene” Amber smile to Irene.

“Your father asked me to clear all your appointment this evening. And he wants me to remind you again about the event tonight.”

Amber sigh and pinched the bridged of her nose. Forgot that her dad invited his best friend to have dinner with them.

“Oh, thanks Irene for remind me. I actually forgot about that.”

“Don’t thanked me, I always here and ready for you.” Admitted Irene.

Amber eyes widen. Because her verse is kind of weird. “Ready… for what?”

Irene faces reddish. “No… what I mean, I’m your PA, of course my job to prepared everything to you.” Irene felling embarrassed because she also thinks that the verse weird.

Amber giggled. “You know, you are so cute when you’re shy.”

The compliment from Amber made Irene's face look even redder. Although that is just a simple word, but the word is very special for Irene who has feelings for Amber.

Irene lost her word. She doesn’t know how to react or reply back to Amber. “Thank you.  If you need anything, call me.”

Irene back to her station without waiting Amber replies to her. Irene too shy to facing Amber because of her face feeling hot.

Amber don't get what Irene says just now. She just shrugged and ready to leave her office and get prepare for dinner event. Amber drops off nearest boutique to collect new suits for her wearing tonight.

While waiting cashier to prepare her suit, vibrate noise from Amber pocket get her attention. A smile drew at her face. Without hesitation, Amber continued to answer the call.

“Hello…”

“Hello, Am!! How are you today, pal?”

Amber smiled. Even though they were far away, Henry always cared about her and he never ever talk about the past…

“I’m fine. When do you want to see me, bro?"

” Very soon. I will inform you later. By the way, don't you miss me?”

“Of course, I miss you and can’t wait to see you. You’re my best friend that I only have…. for now.” Amber laugh.

“Bro, you will never ever can run away from me. So, don't think that you can replace me.” The teasing voice could be heard all over the phone

“Where are you? office?"

"Outside, bro. Waiting for my new suits ready."

“Why you need new suits, Am? Any special event tonight?”

The boutique staff approached Amber to inform that her outfit was ready. Between conversations with Henry, Amber completed the payment and walked out of the boutique.

“Not really special… Just dinner with family member and my dad invites his best friend too. I don’t know why he eager wants me to join them.”

“Maybe, he planning something tonight…” Henry said with teasing tone.

“What do you mean? What the planning?”

“Maybe he wants to introduce you to someone…” Henry wants to teased Amber more.

“Nah, I don’t think so.” Amber said with flat one.

“Oh, Are you sure? What do you do if like I said just now happen tonight?”

“Then, I will sponsor you the flight ticket, accommodation and every you expense to meet me here.” Amber laugh because she thinks that will never happen.

“Wow, you so brave huh? Then, standby your money. I will claim later.” Henry jokingly said to Amber.

Both of them make a joked and teased to each other like they do before.

Somehow, Amber thankful that Henry one of her sweet memories which is still remains to this day. They said goodbye and ended up the call after long conversation they had.

Amber drove her car away and get ready for event tonight. Amber had promised herself; she will make her dad proud with her. That why, Amber never argues and complain when her father asked her to do something.

But, will Amber accept whatever her father says… will Amber continue to be an obedient child?

Jackie once said to her before… dad has something to tell her. Unfortunately, Amber don’t remember and don't have any idea on that.

That something or more accurate to ask favor from Amber that made she lost her words. ...