The Late Regret

Shhhh..I love you - Part 2

An atmosphere of horror envelops the entire department. Someone is raging and the voice can be heard clearly from meeting room. All worker just listens and bowed their heads. No one dare to speak including her best friend, Tiffany Hwang. Because of the negligence of the project manager, the whole department bears the wrath of their boss.

“I don't want to hear any reason anymore! I want this resolved quickly.” The boss continues to get up from chair and walked out from meeting room. The staff also get up from individual chair and bow head down. Still show the respect to their boss even though they in a state of chaotic.

“She very scary when she angry. “ One of the staff said to her colleague.

“What we can do. That is our mistake makes her furious. She should be angry.” They agree with what they colleague said.

“Let’s settle this matter as soon as possible. I still want to live tomorrow.” The respective team disperses.

 

………………………….

 

Tiffany follows Jessica to check her well-being. Looking at Jessica through the glass wall of the room, she realizes that her best friend changed a lot after Amber left. She always moody, hot temper and rarely smiles.

Tiffany knows the reason behind all this, but she cannot do anything and that make her sad.

There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds. That is Jessica now. Totally a messed!

Tiffany entering Jessica room and keep her smiling eyes. “Jessica, calm down. I will settle this for you. Do not be stressed okay.”

Jessica pinched her bridge nose and sighed. “Thank you.” She mumble to Tiffany.

“Don’t be thanked. I’m always here for you.”

Looking at Tiffany who was always with her. Jessica suddenly felt guilty for her friend because she once had suspected Tiffany having affair with the person who make her miserable now.

Jessica knows, this is not the right time. But she cannot hold anymore. Jessica wants to let go of the suffering she has endured all this time.

After parting with Amber, Jessica did not talk to anyone about Amber ... what was the real reason they parted .... She with her high ego felt that she would be okay. On the contrary, she suffering.

“I’m sorry for troublesome you with my stupid behavior. I’m sorry because I had bad thought to you before… I suspected you…” She cannot finish her verse.

“Please forgive me.” Jessica began to cry.  

Tiffany approached Jessica and held Jessica's hand. Not saying a word, they just shed tears. She understands what Jessica said. She feeling guilty because the true is… she falling in love with that person too.

And she will keep this secret herself forever. No one can’t know about this… especially Jessica.

Tiffany rub softly Jessica shoulders. Due to her guilt with Jessica, Tiffany promises to herself to help Jessica as much as possible.

“To be honest with you, I don’t have the words to make you feel better, but I do have the arms to give you a hug, ears to listen to whatever you want to talk about, and I have a heart, a heart that’s aching to see you smile again. Just remember… I’ll always be here for you!”

 

Jessica nodding and hugs her best friend. In tears weeping, Jessica bluntly said what her heart feels right now. “I wish life had a rewind button… I wish I could go back to the day I decide to walk away from Amber.”

Jessica closes her eyes and sobbing again. Take the deep breath and continue said.

“I make decisions that I regret… if I could calm and patiently wait for Amber explanation…. Honestly, it would ‘ve saved me so much hurt and pain like I endured right now.”

“What do you mean? What the decisions make you regret? Care to share with me?”

No one’s know the real stories happen between Jessica and Amber. Tiffany wants to know from Jessica itself what actually happen that day. Why Jessica is so angry with Amber after back from Amber place.

And why Jessica decides to break up with Amber while she loves Amber so much….

Jessica nodded and held Tiffany hand. “Let’s seat there.” Both of them walk into the couch and take seated side by side while facing to each other.

Jessica calms down herself and wiped her tear off.  She ready to share with her best friend after hiding for a few months.

With swollen eyes, Jessica continues her story. “Do you remember that day I back to Korea when we attend the event at New York?”

“Of course, I remember! You leave me alone there.”

“I’m sorry...” Jessica with pleasant eyes.

“Hey, don’t worry. I don’t mind, Jess. I know you have reason for that.”

Jessica sighing and hesitate to continue.

“Yeah, I have a reason. And the reason is... I receive few pictures of Amber with Hyuna. Also message from someone I don’t know… it said like look what your lover done behind you. She playing with other girl.”

Tiffany's eyes widened. “Hyuna? You mean Kim Hyuna?”

Jessica nodded. The sadness on Jessica's face was indescribable.

“What kind of picture?”

“Pictures of them hugging, kisses... and the picture every time they’re meet, secretly.”

“I don’t believe it. Amber will not do that!” Tiffany witnesses how much Amber loves Jessica.

“I didn’t believe it at first, I trusted Amber and I knew she wouldn’t cheat on me. You know right I try to call Amber many times before I returned."

“Yeah, you so panic that day because Amber not answering the call.”

“That why I hurry back to Korea… to ask Amber about this and get her to explain all this .”

Tiffany gives all attention to Jessica. To the point, she feeling nervous too. “You meet Amber?”

Jessica nodded and shed of tear again. “I meet her… and Hyuna too. Both at Amber bedroom. Hyuna only wearing a towel to cover her body... I became furious and slapped Amber hard. I ignore everything including Amber explanation. All bad word came out from my mouth. I cursed to her… I scream to her and said something that hurt her heart. Before I left, I said that I don’t want see her face anymore.….”

Seeing Jessica's grief really pull down her heart. But Tiffany feels something occurred against Amber... look like Amber was trapped by someone.

“Don’t you think that something fishy happen… I feeling weird. We all know how much Amber love you… Amber will not cheating you. This is really weird…”

Jessica sighing and cut off Tiffany. “Yeah, you are right.”

“Amber was trapped by someone and that person want us be parted. After Amber leaving, Henry told me everything including what actually happen between Amber and her brother…” Regret on Jessica's face visible.

“What!” Tiffany was shocked by what Jessica had told her. That why Jessica said earlier she regret with decisions she make….

“Then, why not get Amber back.… Do something Jess. You will more regret if you doing nothing!”

Jessica looked at Tiffany with remorse. Hesitate to answer the question from Tiffany. She unwilling to talk about it.

“Jessica Jung?!” The silent from Jessica make Tiffany lost her temper.

Jessica took out her phone and showed something to Tiffany. “I’m late… I’m just too late to get Amber back, Fany-ah.”

Tiffany did not understand what Jessica means until she read the article of Amber with one girl.

 

“A unique engagement between the two heirs of the largest company, AMBER LIU AND IM NAYEON.”

 

Startled with that news and gaped.

“Please tell me what can I do to forget Amber... Even I keep myself busy with the things I do. But every time I pause, I still think of Amber…. It’s really hard. I miss her like crazy all the time. I thought I could handle this, but I couldn’t handle it anymore.”

 Jessica busting out into tear as she covered her face with both palms…

“I lost her, Fany-ah… It’s hurt so much until I cannot breathe…” Jessica's tears did not stop flowing.

“Oh… Jessica.” Tiffany hugging tightly her friend.

She speechless…. and couldn't believe it….

Amber is engaged…. but with someone else.