It's a... date?

Ghosted [YulYen]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The activities were a combination of indoor and outdoor games. Yena and Yuna aced the outdoor games while Yuri and Yeri won almost all the indoor games.

 

They were down to the last two activities. The first one was intended solely for parents. It was the Pepero game. Yujin was the one hosting the game and she made it sure that everybody would join or else they would lose all the points they had accumulated by now.

 

With a heavy heart (really?) Yuri and Yena joined the game.

 

The two find it awkward that they were paired with each other.

 

“Come on, Yuri-unnie, Yena-unnie. You’ve done this already in high school right? Or you two wanted to lose all your hard-earned points?” Yujin said, challenging the two. However, at the back of her mind, she was scared that they would back out.

 

It was a relief that both were really competitive, so they push through with the activity.

 

(Single parents were randomly paired using draw lots. Just don’t asked Yujin how she magically made the two a pair because she wouldn’t tell you how. *winks*)

 

“Just don’t fall in love with me again, after this, Yena-unnie. I know I’m too pretty, but just don’t.” Yuri tried to tease Yena to ease the awkwardness surrounding them.

 

“Really, Yuri? I beg to disagree. I think it should be you who should prevent yourself from falling. I just know you tend to lose focus because of my charms.” Yena crossed her arms.

 

“Well, the first one to give up loses. And I bet it would be you.” Yuri said confidently.

 

“Let’s see about that, Joyyul.”

 

 

The game started. At first the two were hesitant. They couldn’t even look at each other’s eyes.

 

“Yena-unnie! Yuri-unnie! Your daughters are watching! Don’t be cowards!” Yujin shouted from her seat, as if she wasn’t the principal of the school.

 

She earned a pinch from Wonyoung after doing that. “Miss Ahn, need I remind you that you’re the principal?”

 

“Don’t fail us, Mom! Aunt Yuri! Come on! We’ve been working hard since this morning!”

 

“She’s right! Let’s not lose to the Susan-Karen pair! Mom! Aunt Yena, you’re better than this!”

 

Yena was chanting at the back of her mind repeatedly that this is for her daughter. That she’s doing this for Yuna.

 

Yuri was calling all the saints she knows just so she would not lose concentration and win this game for Yeri.

 

They each started eating the other end of the Pepero now. Little by little, the gap is getting narrower. Just a bit more and their lips would finally touch.

 

It was so close. Their faces were so close with each other; just a bit more. Just a little bit more…

…when Yena decided to withdraw from her position.

 

“Sorry. I give up. Just…don’t cry Yuri.”

 

 

And that’s the only time Yuri realized that she’s already tearing up. Was it because she missed the blonde woman’s presence and this was her first time since their unclear break up to be this close with her? Was it because she knew this was just a game for Yena but it wasn’t for her? She actually, don’t know the answer herself.

 

“What happened Mom? Are you fine?” Yeri asked Yuri as she approached their seat.

 

“I’m okay, sweetie. Don’t worry.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter