Jersey Number Eleven

Expecto Patronum.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And yet another save from the ace keeper, Lee Chaeyeon!" The Ravenclaw students' screams and cheers roar through the Quidditch pitch as Chaeyeon remarkably saves another quaffle about to go through the middle high goal post. 

 

It's a very close game between Ravenclaw and Slytherin, just only a strand of hair separating their scores of 110 and 100 in favor of the green side.

 

Chaeyeon wipes a bead of sweat off her forehead, the sun burning through her skin but she shows no signs of vulnerability. She just keeps a straight focused face, ready to defend their post more than she already did for the past hour already.

 

Everytime a couple of chasers goes past by her to shoot the quaffle through one of the hoops, Chaeyeon always vows under her breath to do better in and despite the exhaustion, the passion just keeps on burning even more inside her.

 

While her seeker, Yabuki Nako, still tries her very best to move around the pitch, Chaeyeon manages to save and kick a couple of charging quaffles towards her.

 

Finally, she sees Nako pass by her while the strong gust of wind hits her with the sudden speed of her and her broom,

 

Chaeyeon knows Nako has seen it. The thread of hope.

 

She wastes no time and commands her teammates, throwing a couple of gestures to go for a stricter and tighter defense— Defense is the best offense, she says, while Nako chases for the golden snitch.

 

Chaeyeon could feel all of Hogwarts currently at the edge of their seats as they watch the scenes at the pitch unfold and Chaeyeon holds her breath as she sees Nako reach out slightly but aggressively from her broom and...

 

"Ravenclaw has done it! Yabuki Nako catches the golden snitch! One-hundred and fifty points for Ravenclaw and a championship!"

 

Chaeyeon's breath hitches as she breaks into her widest smile while Nako pridefully grips the snitch around the small of her hand.

 

Chaeyeon's hardships as the captain finally paid off. This was her first championship as their newly-appointed captain this year and she feels ecstatic as she rushed down the pitch with her broom, approaching her teammates swarming their seeker.

 

Chaeyeon looks up from the pitch, seeing blue finally take over the skies as students from their house throw everything in happiness and in celebration for their win.

 

Chaeyeon wanted to get used to this elated feeling but she knows she must still do well.

 

After having a small congratulatory talk in the Ravenclaw Quidditch team tent— getting chants for their ace, Chaeyeon from here and there and a promise from their captain for a celebration— Chaeyeon decides to stay behind the pitch for a bit after sorting out their brooms in the cabinet with Nako.

 

"Nako, you can go first. I'm just going to catch up with you guys later. You can go straight to the common room already, if you'd like." Chaeyeon asks Nako, snatching a broomstick from her hand.

 

"Sure. Better not bail on us after promising to pay for everything we'd eat." Nako nudges her shoulder which she just shakes off.

 

Chaeyeon gets comfortable with her blue woolen sweater, her player number 11 stitched on its back in gray, a trademark of hers as a well known keeper from Ravenclaw.

 

Chaeyeon walks from their tent to the now chilly Quidditch pitch. It is dusk now, the sun that once shined the pitch now almost gone and out of sight as darkness finally envelops Hogwarts.

 

Chaeyeon looks around the pitch, observing the stands where the students stood a while ago, holding their big banners, their house name Ravenclaw written with fresh paint, and then she directs her attention to the goal posts which she grew fond of defending, familiar already with how they felt behind her, like they are indeed well protected every time Chaeyeon hovers in front of them.

 

Chaeyeon sits down in the middle, taking her time and adoring every little thing in the pitch. 

 

Ever since she started studying in Hogwarts, the first thing she set her focus at was trying to get in the quidditch team. Chaeyeon didn't even care about which house she was about to get sorted to. 

 

It was mainly because of her parents. Being the well-off wizards they are (Chaeyeon doesn't really take the advantage of the privilege; it was all of her parents' hard work after all), they take the opportunity to bring her and her sister, Chaeryeong (Whom didn't really take interest in quidditch) every year to watch the Quidditch World Cup with the most spectacular view her parents could provide. She knew that there would come a time that she would develop the same passion as those Quidditch players in the Quidditch World Cup pitch. She knew that Quidditch will be something she will adore very much.

 

"You know you shouldn't be out here this late." Chaeyeon hears someone speak behind her. She turns to see who it was, maybe a friend of hers, but she fails to recognize who it was.

 

Chaeyeon's sure the girl isn't from her year, maybe a senior? She's really not sure. However, Chaeyeon's sure this girl is a very beautiful one. Her short blonde hair complementing her features, making her look mature and attractive, and very intimidating with her height just enough for Chaeyeon to be slightly taller than her, enough for her to put her arm around the small of her frail shoulders.

 

Why am I even thinking of putting my arm around her shoulder?

 

However, one thing that caught Chaeyeon's attention the most was this girl's pair of eyes. Fierce yet calm, just like the ocean she sees while the moonlight breaks through the tall waves of the deep. It tugged Chaeyeon's heartstrings then suddenly, she wanted to know this girl's name.

 

Chaeyeon looks for a sign of the girl's house by scanning her, usually having at least a hint of red, green, or yellow on an article of clothing, but much to her disappointment, the girl's clothes just screams monochrome all around.

 

"Y-Yes, I was just... observing." Chaeyeon stands up from where she was sitting. The girl approaches her while her arms are crossed on her chest, probably feeling fragile and shivering from the chilly breeze.

 

"Just because you're Lee Chaeyeon, I'm gonna let you slip away. Hurry back to the castle or straight to the headmaster's office you'll be." 

 

"You know me?" Chaeyeon's lip curves into a taunting smirk, trying to cower the girl with her— maybe intimidating aura. However, the girl didn't even budge a bit from where she was standing. Instead, the girl fixed her black cardigan while looking at Chaeyeon's own pair of feisty eyes, letting out a small scoff.

 

"I do know you, after I saw your name on a handful of placards being raised up high a while ago, number eleven."

 

All Chaeyeon could just do was just flash a wide smile, proud with her name being known by this certain girl. Sure, Chaeyeon doesn't mind her name getting called through the halls of Hogwarts everyday but something about this girl makes her feel things, like a warm cup of tea just spilled through her chest, making it feel warm through her cheeks all of the sudden.

 

"Can I introduce myself properly?" Chaeyeon offers a hand to shake, something she really doesn't do but today was maybe an exception.

 

"There's no reason for you to. I told you I know you already." Her hand was quickly dismissed by the girl who just looked at it until Chaeyeon finally retracts her hand to her side.

 

"It's not for you to know me, to be honest. It's for me to know you." Chaeyeon smiles, her warmest smile, a signature of hers. Chaeyeon swears she sees the girl blush a little bit for stripping her attention away from the captain, maybe trying to hide the crimson red currently coloring her cheeks.

 

"Five minutes then out of here. Got it?" The girl clicks her tongue at Chaeyeon before walking away the pitch, on her way to Slytherin's tent but Chaeyeon was quick witted enough to catch up on her senses. 

 

The girl probably is from Slytherin. Explains why the girl's features were so sharp which really made it hard for her to breathe, even her attitude was so feisty. How come she doesn't see her around often? Chaeyeon should look into this girl some more.

 

Chaeyeon happily skips to their common room while humming, a full-house waiting for her presence to finally fill the room.

 

----------------------------------------------------

 

The wide common room of Ravenclaw was now a bit secluded as Chaeyeon could remember, packed from every corner (though the tower doesn't have its corners)—by packed, it meant not only Ravenclaw students were there, but also a couple of non-Ravenclaw were there to witness the victory party of their renowned quidditch team. Chaeyeon was glad that everyone was having a good t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter