Ssambbang

Everyone deserves a good closure.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unnie, faster! I’m hungry!” Sitting up from Chaewon’s bed, the grumpy Hitomi wails. She has been playing on her phone for a long time waiting for Chaewon to dress up. Meanwhile, Chaewon hurriedly wears her clothes, then puts on some makeup. “Almost done, Hitoma. Just a bit more.” 

 

“There,” The radish fairy jumps back into her bed and joins her girlfriend, who is obviously sulking about her empty stomach. Chaewon carries Hitomi out of her sheets.“Now let’s go out.”

 

They leave the dorm very early, Chaewon and Hitomi probably are the first couple to go on the date among the members. The couple did not eat the breakfast prepared at the dorm as Hitomi wants to eat her favourite cheese hot dog and cheese balls. Therefore, they go to their usual snack store and have their breakfast there. 

 

The couple stroll around the street, shopping for presents to give to their members and families on the last day of year 2020.

Later, they return to the dorm and have their manager drive them to Namsan Tower, the place where everything has started, the place where their friendship has blossomed into something more. 

 

Coming here for the second time has a completely different feeling, they were platonic friends, freshly met, trying to get closer to each other. Now they’ve returned to this romantic island, as lovers, deeply in love. The couple hold hands while riding on the cable car. 

 

“Do you still think that the cable car is scary, Hitoma?” Chaewon teases, reminiscing their first date. 

 

“Of course not,” Hitomi glares at her girlfriend playfully, “I only wanted to hold your hand, I was never scared of it.” 

 

“Well congratulations! You get to hold them forever.” Chaewon smiles, though the mask has covered it, she knows her happiness can be conveyed through the gaze with Hitomi. 

 

They arrived at the tower, last time they were here to ‘lock’ their hearts with the fans and the members but this time around, they are securing each other’s hearts. They bring out their customised lock and key, walking on the bridge to search for a good spot to place it. At last, both of them agree to seal their lock at a corner of the fences. 

 

“There,” Chaewon breathes out as she tucks in the key along with Hitomi, “Our heart has been secured.” 

 

Hitomi returns the smile, hugging her girlfriend. 

 

They hang out around the tower a bit longer, taking pictures of each other as well as the beautiful scenery of Seoul winter. Then, they take a small break and order tteokbokki for snacks before moving to the next location.   

The manager brought them to Chaewon’s home after that, it was actually Chaewon parents’ idea to invite Hitomi over to their house for dinner. The way Chaewon’s mother found out about their relationship is rather interesting. It was during one of the concerts they held in Seoul, she went to check out on her daughter after the concert, at the backstage, only to find Chaewon pinning the Japanese to the wall, face leaning closer and closer until there was no distance between them. 

 

Anyway, Hitomi is staying with Chaewon’s family for the rest of the day. She appreciates Chaewon mother’s suggestion, it has been a long time since she gets to return to Tochigi and meet her family and friends so hanging out with her girlfriend’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter