SakuNako

Everyone deserves a good closure.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nako slumps against her bed, making the tidied sheets a mess of crinkles. She just got out of the bathroom, after Wonyoung’s annoying, non-stop gushing about her date. The Japanese stares at the ceiling blankly, laying flatly on her bed like a corpse. 

 

“What’s the point of going on a date with someone else that’s not her?”

 

She heaves a sigh, memories from that particular night returns to her.

“I’m already dating Chaewon unnie, Nako-chan.”

 

“I— I’m sorry, I can’t return the feelings back to you…” Hitomi looked at her best friend apologetically. 

 

Nako gripped harder onto the plastic bag full of bread she was holding, her head hung low, avoiding her sour expression to be shown in front of Hitomi, she then looked to a side, faking a smile.

 

“It’s alright, Hii-chan.” Nako was having a hard time swallowing down the lump in , furthermore the itchiness on her nose and the urge to break down right there was not helping her case, “I should’ve known better.”

 

“Nako-chan please—”

 

“Good night, Hii-chan. See you tomorrow.” She resolutely cut off Hitomi’s words, bidding a brief good night, Nako went back to her room shared with Yuri (which was probably asleep at that time), not sparing a glance on the latter. 

Nako grumbles, shaking off her thoughts, and remains lying on the bed. She has been there for hours, too blank in her mind she didn’t notice the doorknob turns and a person has walked into her room. The person holds her wrists and drags her up from the sheets. 

 

“Why haven’t you prepared anything when we’re supposed to go out, Nako-chan?” Sakura questions, clutching at Nako’s pajamas

 

“Kkura unnie, can we— can we not go out…” The latter drops back to her bed, sighing.

 

Sakura flops down to the space beside Nako, eyeing her junior curiously, she stares into Nako’s empty gaze like a cat, finding an answer for herself. 

 

“Are you still—”

 

“Yeah.”   

 

As if instinct calls, Sakura raises her hand and pats the latter’s head, quietly listening to her junior.

 

“I should’ve kept my mouth shut…” Nako bitterly chuckles, “Look at me now, she’s having fun with her Chaewon unnie while I’m…” 

 

“I hate this feeling…” She snuggles into Sakura’s embrace, seeking comfort from her unnie.

 

Drawing circles on her back, Sakura comforts, “Let me help you get rid of this feeling.” 

Exhausted after letting out all the inner thoughts, Nako slouches on the back seat, she falls asleep in the car beside Sakura while they are on the way to the place Sakura has chosen. The manager stops the car in front of the location, turning back and gives Sakura a look, a sign that they’ve arrived. 

 

“Nako-chan, we’re here.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter