Eunha

Memories (a continuation of I'm Not Alone Anymore)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of an energetic piece of music echoed in the house before slowly fading out, SinB finishing off the last dance move before striking an impressive ending pose at the last note. Her chest heaved up and down but the smile remained on her face as Yuju and Umji eagerly started to clap from where they were sitting on the living room couch. 

"Wow, SinB!" Umji started to say, her eyes shining with amazement. "That was so cool!"

"It was!" Yuju agreed, clapping happily. 

"Thanks." SinB continued to smile, going back to a normal standing position while wiping the sweat off of her forehead. "I've been practicing a lot."

"And it shows." Umji nodded. 

"You're gonna win for sure!" Yuju declared. SinB only laughed, leaning over and pinching the former gray kitten's cheek.

"It's not a competition its just a showcase." SinB said, smirking as Yuju swatted her hand away playfully. "I'm just glad you're not sick anymore so you can come to the event and performance."

"Me too." Umji said, leaning her head against the former gray kitten's. "It wouldn't be the same without Yuju there." 

Yuju smiled widely before placing a kiss against Umji's head, nuzzling her cheek against the former brown striped kitten. 

"Do...." SinB's voice suddenly got soft, the former black kitten glancing away. "....Do you think Sowon, Eunha and Yerin will like it too?"

"Of course!" Umji was quick to say. "They're going to be so impressed. I know it!"

"Where is Eunha anyways?" Yuju asked, glancing around the room. "Did she even come down for breakfast?"

"I don't know." SinB's expression grew confused within seconds, joining Yuju in scanning over the living room and kitchen with her eyes. "I thought I saw her."

"I haven't seen her since Sowon and Yerin left for work this morning." Umji mused, a worried look on her face. 

"I'll go check her room." SinB sighed. "Maybe she's taking a nap or something."

"We'll keep an eye out for her down here. She might be outside playing on our playground." Yuju nodded, standing up with Umji's hand in her own.

 SinB gave the two a thumbs up before leaving to search for the missing former white kitten. It didn't take long to find her, SinB's guess being the correct answer to Eunha's location. The former white kitten was bundled up in her blankets, playing a game on her handheld gaming console that Sowon had gifted her two years ago. But something was off. Eunha's normally happy expression was no where to be found, a clear frown on her face as she played. She didn't even acknowledge SinB's presence, ignoring the former black kitten in her doorway.

"Eunha?" SinB raised an eyebrow, taking a few steps forward into the former white kitten's room. No response. Not even a irritated yell for SinB to leave her alone while she was gaming. SinB stared at the girl for several long moments, waiting for any sort of sign that Eunha wanted her to leave or stay. Nothing. 

Frustrated, SinB sat down on Eunha's bed, reaching out to touch her shoulder. In an instant, Eunha paused her game and let out an aggressive hiss towards the other girl, causing SinB to freeze in place, her hand hovering in the space above Eunha's shoulder. Grumbling loudly, Eunha changed her position so that her back was to SinB, the former white kitten resuming her game. 

".....What the hell was that?" SinB muttered under her breath, moving her hand to prod at Eunha's back with her fingers. "Eunha. Hey, Eunha."

No response again. Eunha only continuing to ignore her while scooting away from SinB's hand. SinB huffed, standing up before leaving Eunha's room. Umji and Yuju glanced up from where they were staring out into the backyard from the sliding glass door once SinB made her way back downstairs, noticing the look on the former black kitten's face.

"Did you find her?" Umji asked.

"Yeah I did." SinB said, running a hand through her hair. "She nearly bit my hand off."

"Why?" Yuju tilted her head to the side. "Did you try to bite her shoulder again?"

"What, am I Yerin now?" SinB grumbled. "No I didn't. All I did was try to talk to her and she hissed at me."

"That's strange." Umji looked even more confused than Yuju did. Eunha wasn't usually one to hiss unless threatened or scared. "She's not sick, is she?"

"She didn't look sick at all." SinB replied. "She was playing her game and ignoring me."

"I'll go check on her." Umji said before turning to run upstairs. SinB and Yuju watched her go, the former black kitten letting out another sigh.

"Why does this stuff always happen when Sowon and Yerin are gone?" SinB muttered. Yuju patted the girl's shoulder comfortingly, starting a conversation about the upcoming festival that evening in order to distract SinB from what had just happened. SinB was eager to talk about the event, chatting away happily with a huge grin on her face. Yuju was smiling the entire time, full of affection for the younger girl. She really loved when SinB got excited like this, more than happy to listen for as long as she wanted to talk. The sight of Umji walking back down the stairs brought the conversation to a halt, the pair noticing how shaken up Umji looked. 

"Umji?" Yuju asked, walking towards the former brown striped kitten. "Is something wrong? Is Eunha alright?"

"She.....She bit me." Umji said quietly, clearly upset. Yuju had her arms around the girl in moments, keeping her close. 

"What?" SinB was taken aback. Umji was practically Eunha's baby at this point. She bit her? How was that even possible? The former black kitten was at a loss for words, unable to do anything more than place a comforting hand on Umji's shoulder. Thankfully, the sound of the SUV pulling into the garage signaled that the missing two of the group were finally back. 

"We're home early! And we brought home food!" Yerin cheered loudly as she entered through the garage door, her hands up in an excited motion while Sowon walked in the house from behind her with the mentioned bags of fast food in her hand. Though, Yerin's happy expression quickly left the second the former ginger kitten noticed the situation in front of her. Sowon was quick to notice it too.

 Tossing her keys on the couch and placing the bags of food on the kitchen table, Sowon was by Umji's side before she even said anything at all. Umji shifted in close to the blonde and clung to her waist, Sowon returning the gesture by wrapping her arms protectively around her shoulders and giving the former brown striped kitten a gentle kiss on the cheek. Yerin  Umji's hair lovingly, ready to jump into action if any tears decided to slip out of Umji's eyes.

"What happened?" Sowon finally asked, turning her head to stare at the other two girls.

"Eunha bit her." Yuju explained. "She hissed at SinB too. We haven't seen her come out since you both left. She's been in her room the entire time."

"Wait, seriously?" Sowon was baffled. Eunha bit Umji? She didn't come out for breakfast? That was unheard of. No wonder Umji was so upset. 

"Is it her kitten mode?" Yerin asked, moving her hand up against Umji's cheek to push some of her long black hair behind her ear. 

"I don't know. Maybe." Yuju shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine."

"Did you do something to irritate her again, SinB?" Sowon raised an eyebrow, remembering how SinB and Eunha could get with each other sometimes when both former kittens were in playful moods.

"I didn't!" SinB shot back, crossing her arms in a pout. "Why does everyone keep asking me that?"

"Maybe because its happened before." Yerin teased, earning a small glare from the former black kitten.

"I'll check on her." Sowon sighed, allowing Umji to move into Yerin's waiting arms instead. "I don't want her to be like this at the winter festival tonight."

"Good luck." SinB said, patting Umji's back while Yerin kept the younger girl safe and close in her arms, Yuju keeping a watchful eye over the pair. Sowon nodded and kissed the top of SinB's head. SinB let out a small flustered grumble in response, causing Sowon to laugh before she left upstairs. 

"Eunha?" Sowon's voice sounded through Eunha's door, the former white kitten perking up but her mood lowered back down after a few seconds. Eunha glanced at the door out of the corner of her eyes, hearing Sowon knock firmly a couple of times, before turning back to her game. Sowon let out a exasperated sigh at the silence, opening the door herself. There was Eunha, playing her game on her bed with her blankets around her. The silence was definitely strange. Eunha was always the most excited when the two older girls got home. She had also been so excited for the festival a few days ago too so what was causing this behavior? 

"Eunha?" Sowon asked again, sitting down on the bed next to the girl. Eunha only grunted, keeping her eyes on her console screen and the game she was playing. Sowon sat in silence, reaching up to run a hand through the other girl's short, brown hair. Eunha didn't resist or pull away, still playing her game. But Sowon could see the tension in the former white kitten's shoulders. 

"What's wrong?" Sowon questioned, still running her fingers through Eunha's cute bobbed hair. "Are you hungry? Did SinB tease you again?"

Eunha quietly grumbled, refusing to tear her eyes away from her screen. Sowon watched her, moving her hand from her hair to the former white kitten's shoulder to gently massage it. The last time Eunha had acted so strangely was when she had been a kitten, that first day when Sowon had brought her the kitten food only to have it be rejected. Something had to be bothering her. But what was it?

"We brought home lunch. It's your favorite too. We got a double stacked cheeseburger just for you." Sowon said, noticing how Eunha twitched at the mention of her favorite meal.

"Come on." Sowon chuckled softly, kissing Eunha's cheek and taking the girl's arm in her grip. "Let's go downstairs and eat, okay? We need to get ready to go to the winter festival soon. SinB needs to be there early to get ready for the showcase."

Eunha whined at that, pulling away from Sowon's grip. Sowon didn't let up, wanting to make sure Eunha ate something. It was always a bad sign when one of the former kitten's refused to eat. Especially when it was Eunha. 

"Are you feeling alright?" Sowon placed her free hand against Eunha's forehead, trying to see if she had a fever. No. Her temperature was normal. So what was up with this sudden change of behavior? It was starting to worry Sowon immensely.

"Eunha. Talk to me." Sowon's voice was stern but it was clear that she was only speaking this way out of concern. Eunha faltered, finally saving her game and setting the turned off console on her bed. Sowon was about to question more but was interrupted by Eunha leaning against her, the shorter girl eventually moving in close before crawling onto Sowon's lap. That was a good sign, at least. 

"That's my girl." Sowon whispered, surrounding Eunha with her arms in a comforting hug. Eunha let out a small noise that sounded like a mix between a whine and a grumble, tucking her head into the crook of Sowon's neck. Sowon allowed her to stay like that in her arms for several long minutes before pulling away, wanting to get Eunha downstairs so she could eat. Eunha was reluctant but held onto Sowon's hand, allowing the blonde to lead her downstairs. All the former kittens turned to look at the pair the second they arrived downstairs, Umji clearly the most concerned out of everyone. 

"Eunha?" Umji asked, not caring that Eunha had bit her anymore. Eunha turned her head away, guilt filling her eyes. Umji kissed Eunha's cheek reassuringly before going back to sitting next to Yuju so she could finish up her lunch, silently communicating to the former white kitten that she wasn't upset or angry. 

"Where's my happy baby?" Yerin asked with a playful tone in her voice, leaving her own meal of fries and a burger to get to Eunha's side. Eunha continued to avoid eye contact, even when Yerin kissed her forehead several times.

"She's definitely in kitten mode." SinB chuckled to herself in between a mouthful of fries, earning a confused glance from Sowon.

"What makes you say that?" Sowon asked. 

"She's gotten like this before. Especially the times when Yerin wouldn't play with her when we were kittens." SinB explained, taking another large bite of her burger. Sowon opened to say something but was quickly interrupted by SinB again.

"I know, I know. You want me to tell you about it, don't you?" SinB smirked. Eunha had relocated to Yerin's side, holding her hand while the former ginger kitten led her to her lunch in order to get her fed. 

"Am I really getting that obvious?" Sowon laughed briefly, crossing her arms over her chest. "Well, you're right. So tell me."

"Of course." SinB continued to smirk, placing her burger down and taking a sip of her drink before starting her story.

 

_______________________

 

"Are you seriously still mad?" The black kitten's voice asked, softly placing her paw against the white kitten's side. The white kitten grumbled, her tail swishing back and forth in irritation.

"You know she's busy right now. It's bath time." The black kitten continued, eyes examining the other baby cat's body language. "I don't get why you're so upset."

"She takes so long when it comes to her." The white kitten's voice mumbled out. "It's not fair."

"Do you mean the little one?" The black kitten asked, tilting her head. "You know she needs more attention than the rest of us."

"It's not fair." The white kitten's voice repeated. The black kitten sighed, not sure what to do about this sudden jealousy that was popping up in the other. She could understand somewhat, though. She hadn't exactly reacted the best when both the brown striped kitten and gray kitten joined the pack a year ago.

"I felt the same way when you joined us, you know?" The black kitten started to say, turning her head to glance over at the gray kitten and ginger kitten working hard to lovingly groom the brown striped kitten. 

"I didn't say anything but....she was so focused on you that I couldn't help how I felt." The black kitten said, the white kitten sneaking a glance over at her companion. "I still feel bad about it. I didn't exactly treat you the best at first, did I?"

"Not really." The white kitte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter