Yuju

Memories (a continuation of I'm Not Alone Anymore)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  "Snow! Snow!" SinB yelled out as loud as her lungs could possibly allow her to, dancing excitedly in front of the sliding glass door leading out to the backyard while Sowon was attempting to slip a warm snow jacket on the former black kitten. 

  "Can you stay still?" Sowon exhaled in slight frustration. SinB toned her dancing down a bit and Sowon was finally able to get the jacket on her, zipping up the front to make sure the girl would stay warm in the cold, paired with gloves and a beanie on the former black kitten's head. The second Sowon finished making sure she was all covered up, SinB was sliding the glass door open and running outside.

  The snow had built up over the week as the snow continued to fall throughout the days, going from only an inch high on the ground to almost three feet in some areas which meant that traveling anywhere was out of the question at the moment. Both Sowon and Yerin had been instructed to stay home from the animal shelter along with most of the other employees, the owners reassuring them that the animals would be fine and that they would all be able to come back in a few days once the streets cleared up and the ice on the roads got less dangerous.

  The tree house themed playground in the large backyard was coated with snow, matching the ground. SinB stomped around the yard a couple times to make footprints in the snow before she ran and jumped into a fluffy pile of snow, laughing loudly. Sowon shook her head before laughing at the sight. She was surprised that the rest of the former kittens weren't outside doing the same thing. But the sight of someone running past the blonde's vision quickly erased that thought from her mind.

"Snow!" Yuju yelled, joining SinB in jumping into the pile of snow with a gentle plop. 

"Yuju!" Sowon frantically called out, noticing that the former gray kitten was only dressed in a light jacket and a pair of pajama pants. "Get back here! You're gonna catch a cold!"

"I'll get her." Yerin had appeared behind Sowon, Eunha and Umji trailing behind her. The three of them were already dressed in the proper clothing for going in the snow, Umji being the most bundled up than the other two. It was clear that Yerin was still feeling protective over Umji even though she had recovered from the rough day she had when she had gotten her vaccinations a few days ago. 

"Please do." Sowon sighed. "I haven't even changed out of my pajamas yet."

"Hurry up and get dressed then!" Eunha grinned, hopping up and down in place while holding Umji's gloved hand. "I wanna play!"

"Right." Sowon smiled. "I'll be out soon, okay?"

Eunha nodded, happily pulling Umji outside with Yerin to join the others while Sowon left to get ready herself. Umji was quick to start giggling, loving how the snow felt and sounded under her snow boots. Yerin had grabbed Yuju's arm, trying to get her to go back inside to get a proper jacket on. Yuju was stubborn this time, pulling away so she could chase the mischievous SinB around the yard. 

"Yuju! C'mon, listen to me!" Yerin yelled, the cold making her breath turn into a cloud of hot air that twirled out of before vanishing. "It's too cold out for that jacket!"

SinB and Yuju continued to run and play, unable to hear what Yerin was saying. Yerin sighed. She was going to have to do this the hard way, wasn't she?

In one swift motion, Yerin ran behind Yuju as the former gray kitten ran past her, tackling her to the ground firmly. Yuju was taken off guard by the action, confused brown hues staring at Yerin as she was pulled to her feet and then practically dragged back inside.

"What was that for?" Yuju asked, frowning as she was removed from the winter wonderland that was in the backyard. "I was winning."

"Do you want to freeze to death?" Yerin shot back, gently pinching at Yuju's cheek. "We're getting you a proper jacket and pants."

"But I like these ones!" Yuju protested, gesturing to her fluffy pajama pants that had a cartoon pattern of a puppy printed on them. "They have puppies on them!"

"You're so cute." Yerin grinned, unable to stop herself from laughing at the other girl's childish actions. It was just too adorable. But she needed to keep Yuju warm and safe. 

Back outside, Eunha and SinB had started to build a snowman, Umji helping Eunha roll up a ball of snow while SinB was determined to make the head by herself. 

"Do we really need to make it so big?" Eunha asked, Umji pushing the increasing ball of snow forward from beside her.

"Yes." SinB answered firmly. Eunha laughed softly, shaking her head and continuing her task of helping Umji with the base of the snowman.

"Need help?" Sowon's voice cut in, the older girl making her way outside and shutting the sliding glass door. 

"Sowon!" Umji called out happily, smiling brightly. 

"I don't need help." SinB grunted, still working on rolling her ball of snow out to the perfect size. 

"Of course." Sowon chuckled. "I'll help Eunha and Umji then."

"Don't forget us!" Yerin appeared in the doorway, an eager but warmly dressed Yuju behind her. "We can help too!"

"I told you. I don't need help!" SinB growled.

"Too bad. I'm helping." Yerin stuck her tongue out at SinB before joining her in her task, Yuju ignoring SinB's growling to help out as well. SinB seemed less than pleased at first but she continued forward, secretly happy that Yuju and Yerin had joined her side. 

"I think its big enough now." Sowon called out, Eunha and Umji patting down the snow so it was as smooth and packed together as they could make it. 

"Our turn then." SinB proudly smirked, Yerin and Yuju helping her lift the packed snow to place it on top of the other one. Once it was in place, all of the girls packed it in more firmly so that it would stay put. The snow creation was looking more impressive as the former kittens and Sowon worked on the details and features of the snowman's face. 

"I don't think it should have a mouth." SinB said, smoothing down some of the snow again. "It would look weird."

"Just eyes then?" Yerin asked, pressing two small, dark rocks into the top snow ball for the eyes. "How about a nose?"

"A nose would be cute!" Eunha giggled, taking a rock that was a more triangular shape and placing it underneath the eyes of the snowman. "Just like that!"

"Let's give it a scarf!" Umji said with a smile, wrapping her purple scarf around the section of the snowman where the two large balls of snow connected. 

"Don't forget the arms!" Yuju said, taking two sticks from the ground and pressing them into the side of the snowman. Yuju paused, staring at the snowman before pulling off her snow mittens and slipping them onto the end of the sticks, much to Sowon's disapproval.

"Yuju." Sowon crossed her arms. "You can't do that. Your hands will get cold."

"I'll just hold SinB's hand!" Yuju grinned, taking SinB's gloved hand in her own. "Her hands are super warm!"

"Who said I was gonna let you do that?" SinB grumbled, even though she made no motion to move her hand away. Yuju continued to smile at SinB, causing the former black kitten to turn her head. But she still held on to Yuju's hand, even gripping back as the pair went back to playing now that the snowman was finished. Sowon shook her head but turned her attention back to the snowman. It was cute but it was as if something was missing. Carefully, the blonde took some snow from the ground in her hands, plopping it on the side of the snowman's head before working on shaping it into what she had been imagining.

 Eunha and Umji watched Sowon work curiously, Yerin joining SinB and Yuju in a game of tag that quickly turned into a snowball fight. Sowon finished her mission, standing back and nodding her head approvingly. On the top of the snowman's head she had formed a pair of cat like ears, turning the creation into more of a snow animal than a snow person. 

"Wow! It's so cute!" Eunha gushed. 

"It is! I love it!" Umji joined in, clapping her gloved hands together. 

"Everyone did a good job." Sowon smiled, taking out her phone to snap a quick picture to save in her phone gallery. Eunha and Umji ran over to the snow creation's side, posing for the camera. Sowon was more than happy to get a picture of the two in front of everyone's joined snow creation, making the photo her lock screen once she had noticed Yerin, SinB and Yuju running in the background behind the duo and the snowman, well, snow animal. 

"This is our kingdom!" SinB shouted from the top of the play structure, pumping her fist in the air. The three had finished their games on the ground, moving to the top of the tree house themed play structure to continue their shenanigans.

"Yeah!" Both Yerin and Yuju cheered in unison.

"No one can get past our strong walls! Our castle is secure and unbreakable!" SinB continued, grinning as Yerin and Yuju played along and pumped their fists in the air as well.

"Well, I challenge that statement!" Eunha yelled, starting the climb up to the top of the play structure with Umji behind her.

"Wow! A worthy adversary has managed to make her way past the castle guards." Yuju gasped. "What power!"

"And her partner managed to do the same." SinB nodded, crossing her arms and attempting to make herself look taller. "They both would make powerful allies."

"What do you say?" Yerin held out her hand to the approaching Eunha and Umji, clearly enjoying playing along. "Will you join us in protecting this kingdom?"

"Of course." Eunha quickly slipped into her role, taking Yerin's hand firmly while Umji joined her. "We will fight side by side with you."

"With these two by our side, we shall be invincible." SinB posed dramatically. "We can rule the world and bring peace to everyone in the land."

"Yeah! World peace!" Yuju cheered while Yerin helped Umji and Eunha up safely. 

"You can't bring peace to the land if you're hungry." Sowon called out, laughing at the sight of SinB and Yuju posing while Eunha, Umji and Yerin clapped. "Come back inside. It's lunchtime."

"C'mon, Sowon." SinB dropped her pose in order to pout down at the blonde, a small whine exiting as she talked. "Can't we eat up here?"

"It's too cold out, SinB." Sowon gestured for the former kittens to join her. "Come on down. You can get back to your 'kingdom' later."

"Fine." SinB grumbled. 

"I'll make sure the dragons stay guard while we're gone, your majesty." Yuju bowed dramatically, causing SinB to laugh as she ruffled the former gray kitten's hair. Yuju grinned happily before joining the rest of the former kittens in climbing down the play structure to eat. 

Lunch had ended fairly quickly, much to Yuju and SinB's delight and the pair was immediately back outside once they had finished up. Eunha, Yerin and Umji, however, had decided to stay inside. The cold of the snowy outdoors was getting to Umji and Eunha and Yerin wanted to keep them warm. The trio were comfortably seated on the couch, watching one of the groups favorite nature shows while cuddling together in a warm blanket that Sowon had brought out.

  Sowon had called out to SinB and Yuju several times, trying to get them to come back inside as night approached. Both girls were stubborn, wanting to continue playing in the snow as long as they could. Both Sowon and Yerin had to drag the two inside once it was dinner time, banning them from going back outside after dinner since it had grown even colder out. The snow creature they had all made stayed firm, SinB assigning it as the 'world peace kingdom's knight' while they were away. 

 Night fell, the former kittens all curled up in their warm beds and drifting asleep. It had been a fun day, another memory that everyone treasured. As the morning sun rose, however, it was clear that it wasn't without consequences. It was breakfast time, Sowon and Umji making another delicious dish to warm everyone up from the morning cold. But something was missing. And that something, well, someone, was Yuju.

"Has anyone seen Yuju this morning?" Sowon asked, her eyes scanning over the kitchen and living room. 

"I thought she was taking a shower." Eunha looked up from the video game that she was playing on the living room TV.

"I think she's still sleeping." Yerin commented, finishing up her meal while Umji washed the remaining dishes. "Do you want me to get her?"

"I can do it." Sowon smiled, running a hand through Yerin's brown hair lovingly before leaving to walk upstairs. The door to Yuju's room was closed, no sound coming from inside. That was concerning. Maybe she really was still asleep? Something in Sowon's gut, however, sensed that something was wrong. The blonde quickly turned the knob and opened the door, her eyes falling on the sleeping form of Yuju under the blankets.

"Yuju?" Sowon sat down on the bed, her hand reaching over to shake the former gray kitten's shoulder gently. "Are you awake?"

There was no response for a few moments until Yuju finally stirred, rolling over to stare up at Sowon. Sowon in a breath. Yeah, something was wrong. Yuju's face was flushed red, her eyes barely open. The only sound coming from Yuju was some small sniffles, her nose clearly stuffed up and running. Yuju started to cough, Sowon's stomach clenching at the sound. It sounded painful. Yuju grumbled before trying to roll back over on her side to go back to sleep. Sowon was unsure if she should let her or not. 

"I told you to be more careful in the snow." Sowon sighed, rubbing Yuju's back. Yuju still didn't respond, her body shivering slightly. The blonde brushed Yuju's bangs aside, placing the back of her hand against her forehead. Warm. Too warm. Man, this situation was familiar, wasn't it? 

"Come on. Let's get a bath running so we can cool your fever down." Sowon said as she attempted to pull the sick Yuju out of bed. What happened next surprised the blonde completely.

Yuju hissed before biting down on Sowon's hand, grumbling as she rolled back over on her side. Sowon stared for a few moments in confusion. She had never seen Yuju react like this. She could expect this sort of behavior from SinB but not Yuju. Was it her kitten mode? Or was she just grumpy from being sick? Maybe it was a combination of the two. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter