Play Hard

Living with Oh family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspite of Mrs. Oh's constant denial, Lisa helped her in setting the table. 

Soon they were sitting on the table.

"Don't at all feel shy Lisa, please take whatever you like." Mrs. Oh smiled brightly at her. Lisa smiled back and noded.

"You can openly say if something tastes bad." Mr. Oh winked at her, making Lisa giggle.

"Oh come on!" Mrs. Oh swatted her husband's arm. 

"Okay, let's start with the lunch please," Sehun suggested. They all did their prayers before starting. The Oh family respected that Lisa was Buddhist and just smiled when she looked at them in confusion when they said a small prayer. 

"It's a habit," Mrs. Oh winked. "It kept Sehun and his brother from prancing over the food as soon as they came back from game." Lisa giggled.

"We weren't that bad," Sehun grumbled. 

"Let's eat," Mrs. Oh ignored her sons complains. Soon they fell in a comfortable silence, just enjoying the food. Lisa made sure to praise the pad thai. It was indeed tasty. Might not be the same as the original, but still tasted really good.

What she liked the most was the bibimpap. When she wanted to have another serving and was figuring out how to ask without sounding like a hungry beast, Sehun looked at her eyeing the dish. He smiled at the way she looked at it. He knew his girlfriend was capable eating a lot and enjoyed food, but felt too shy to ask. He quietly took the bowl and placed it in front of her before serving her the dish in her bowl. 

"Just ask me," he whispered to her. Lisa looked at him, cheeks dusted pink. He was always considerate and looking out for her. It made her feel like a princess. 

This clearly didn't go unnoticed by the married couple. They turned to each other and smiled lovingly.

"They look so good with each other," Mrs.Oh whispered.

"They certainly do." Mr. Oh smiled. "And, you know who they remind me of?" His eyes shone in mischeve. The man might be old but his heart was younger than any of his sons.

"Who?" Mrs. Oh asked with a smile, knowing the answer very well. She just played along.

"Us," He whispered, smiling lovingly at his wife as she tried to hide her smile behind the chopsticks.

"What are you guys talking about?" Sehun asked, looking at his parents curiously.

"Oh, nothing. I was just asking your mother whom do you guys resemble," Mr. Oh waved his hand at Lisa nad Sehun.

"Us?" Sehun pointed at himself and Lisa. Mr. and Mrs. Oh nodded.

"I-I don't know...? Sehun?" Lisa looked at her boyfriend.

"Romeo... and Juliet?" Sehun immedietly reggreted saying that looking at the disgusted face of his parents.

"When did you became this sappy?" His father asked.

"Maybe not," Sehun mumbled. "How about, Jenny and Oliver? Or, Tita and Pedro?" He kept listing. His eyes suddenly brightened and he snapped his fingers before saying, "Bonnie and Clyde!"

"I'll be the Bonnie and you'll be my Clyde, we ride or die, X's and O's," Mrs. Oh sang. Though it sounded nothing like rap, it was enough to make Lisa blush like bride. She hit Sehun's shin with her foot. Sehun just chuckled.

"Am I right?" Sehun asked.

"No," Both his parents said in a sync.

"Then?" 

"You are like your mother and me," his father said with a proud smile.

"Aaaaah!" His eyes lit up in realization. Lisa looked at him in confusion.

"My mom is also a budhist, but she doesn't mind praying with us," Sehun explained with a smile.

"Really?" Lisa looked at Mrs. Oh excitedly. Mrs. Oh smiled and nodded.

"Oh, by the way where is hyung? Isn't it his off day today?" Sehun asked.

"Nah, he went to the company because the newbies messed something up. He is livid now." Mr. Oh sighed. The Oh family was very well familiarised with the elder son's temper when it came to lousy behaviour towards work.

"Why are men so stuck on with work? Can't they just take it easy for once?" Mrs. Oh grumbled.

"Tell me about it ma'am," Lisa groaned.

"Don't tell me, Sehun too?" Mrs. Oh gasped.

"Oh, you have no idea. I once called him during his dance practice to check if he was feeling alright cuz he had complaining about headache, he almost shouted at me!" Lisa pouted.

"No way! Sehun! This is not how I raised you!" Mrs. Oh actually looked angry. Sehun shifted in his chair under both his parent's scrunitizing gaze.

"You don't treat a woman like that, son." His father folded his arms accross his chest.

Woah, I didn't expect this reaction. Seeing how chilled his parents were, she thought they would take it as a joke. But the atmosphere just flipped with in a second. Now she felt guilty for doing this. It was almost as if she called off Sehun, right in front of his parents.

"He..he he he," Lisa awkwardly laughed. "I-It's not that big of a deal," Lisa tried to brush it off. 

"No, it's not a big deal," Mr. Oh said, making her sigh in relief. "It's a very big deal." Oh god, Lisa groaned. She messed the whole mood up. 

All this time Sehun looked down at his plate in guilt. It was the first time he ever shouted on anyone. His own groupmates were shocked to see his voice raise like that. He never, ever spoke like that.

"I-I was having a really bad headache, and-and I was very tired with the repeated practice and schedules. I-I kind of snapped, I am sorry," he didn't lift his head even once.  Lisa knew this. She felt so guilty for bringing it up. She knew he still felt bad for doing that her. Well, she did cry a lot after Sehun abruptly hung on her after shouting like that, but that very night a red eyed, blotchy faced Sehun was right at her door step with food, chocolates and cat food. It would be an understatement if she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter