Chapter Two

I Need A Miracle

Both girls were not expecting to see each other soon (I know their new neighbors and all), and the tension that started this afternoon continued on despite not being able to sit next to each other when Lisa arrived. Stealing glances of each other from time to time and a slight look of jealousy? on Lisa's end as she watches Wendy clinging on to Rosè again. Another person had been carefully watching those two as well.

They got to sit next to each other but didn’t have the moment to even talk with just the two of them as the others kept on getting in the way.

After draining all the alcohol they ordered, they paid for their bill and is now figuring out how to get their drunk friends home. As for Rosè, it was Wendy who drove her here but the driver is now off to dreamland in her arms.

"How the hell are we getting her home guys?" she asked everyone who was not dead drunk.

Irene then volunteered. "I'll take her home"

Just with that response, some of them had a smirk on their faces.

"Are you sure unnie?" Rosè asked again. She knows that none of them was actually fit to drive home but looking at her unnie, it's as if she didn't even drink at all.

"Yep. I'm sure. I'll drop you off as well since she was the one who picked you up. Just help me get to her car"

With the arrangements set for the others as well, Rosè and Irene held Wendy as they walk to her car. As they were strapping her in, Wendy suddenly grabbed the person closest to her and kissed her lips. What's interesting though was the one who was just kissed didn't even pull away. The others who saw this were silently cheering.

Once settled, Rosè was about to get in the back seat when Lisa approached her.

"Uhm. Would you like a ride home? I mean, since we live in the same apartment building. But it's fine if you prefer to go with them. I'm sorry for asking" Lisa seemed to rap everything she said that even Rosè and Sorn was shocked by the sudden word attack.

Finding how Lisa was nervous cute, Rosè placed her hands on Lisa's shoulder.

"Breathe Lisa" and she did. Rosè turned to Irene who was already at the driver’s seat and asked if that was alright.

"Go ahead Rosie. I'll take care of this hamster"

They bid goodbye and Irene drove off. The ones who were left behind stayed a bit more. Some to smoke and some just to wake themselves up with coffee they bought.

"Did y'all notice how Irene unnie seemed to be different tonight? I mean, I've never seen her get involve much more volunteering to do something that didn't include Wendy unnie" Joy asked the group.

Jisoo puffed out some smoke and answered. "I thought I was just the only one. She's getting bold"

Rosè who had a confused look on her face was just scrunching her nose. "No I didn't notice until the kiss earlier"

"That's because you were focused on something or rather someone else" Yeri said while wiggling her eyebrows and the others joined in teasing.

Thanking her drunk self for already being red,  it hid the fact that she was actually blushing. Lisa was just in the corner silently smiling to herself as well.

"So Lisa, any girl or boy you're interested in?" Jennie asked as she finished her coffee.

"Straight to that question, huh? Nice one Jennie. I'm her sister but I don't have a damn clue who she prefers" Sorn said.

Lisa looked at group then smiled. "There is someone in mind yes but I'd like to get to know this person more first" then subtly winked at Rosé's direction.

Cigarette butts were thrown in the bin as well the empty coffee cups, and they now went inside their respective cars. The last one to leave were Sorn, Lisa and Rosè. They drop the older first before going to home to their apartment building. The car was parked and they're now waiting for the elevator.

Silence between the two girls and in the quietness of the night, their hands intertwined, like it was meant to be. Smiles on their faces were plastered as they rode the elevator and once they reached their floor, they both got out. Rosè's apartment was first and that was about the only time they spoke again.

"Do you, maybe, want to come in?" Rosè asked. Maybe it was also the alcohol in her system that is making her bold tonight but the smile turned upside down when she heard the response.

"I would love to... but maybe another time?" Lisa answered. She regretted it as soon as the words left when she saw the frown on her face. But then she also thought that she wouldn't want to take advantage of this beautiful girl. "You promised me a meal tomorrow right? Let me make it up to you and take you out instead"

Rosè's face lit up and like a kid who was given candy after begging for a long time, nodded excitedly. Lisa found it really adorable that she kissed her cheek and opened the door for Rosè.

"Have a good night Lisa" the taller one said.

"You too Rosè" And with that, Lisa went inside her own apartment as well.

When Rosè woke up the next day, she heard some noise coming from her own apartment. She wondered if it was a burglar that she got the baseball bat under her bed (for safety purposes as her sister Alice always says) and prepared to smack the hell of whoever that is. She didn't bother checking what she was wearing and held the bat firmly in her hands.

She quietly opened her bedroom door and she saw the back of the person who seem to be rummaging her through her kitchen cabinets. The person was wearing a black hoodie and a cap so there was no way she would know who that is. She made sure her steps were quiet as well and slowly approached this uninvited person. Just as soon as the person turned around, Rosè raised her bat and with all the strength she has, smacked the person who immediately dropped the plates he/she was holding to guard himself/herself from the attack.

A loud crash and a loud girly groan was heard and Rosè was sure now that the person was a girl. She waited for a few more seconds before tipping the cap out of her head and when she saw who she just smacked, she immediately dropped the bat.

"Oh my god Lisa! I'm so sorry!" Rosè said as she helped Lisa up.

When Rosè held Lisa's left arm she groaned louder.

"I...I think it's b...broken" Lisa said as she tried to suppress her tears from the pain. So Rosè held the the other arm instead and led her to the living room. She helped Lisa take her hoodie off and her left arm was not looking good.

"! We should get you to the hospital" Rosè exclaimed and was about to guide Lisa out when the other spoke again.

Seeing what Rosè was wearing (which was next to nothing) she gulped...hard.

"You m...maybe want t...to put on s...some clothes"

It didn't register to Rosè what Lisa just said until she looked down on her body and saw that she was only wearing a bra and underwear. She then ran inside her room and quickly dressed herself up. It took a few more minutes before she went out again, completely clothed. 

As they got down in the parking lot, she helped Lisa in her car and drove to the hospital.

Lisa was currently inside the doctor's office being treated while Rosè waited outside. She now saw the many messages and missed calls from her neighbor asking her how she was feeling and if it was alright to cook her some soup, failing to reply, Lisa decided to just go there but not before leaving a message telling her she'd let herself in to make some hangover soup, which now explains why she was in her apartment that early.

Another message came in and it was Irene checking in on everyone.

baechu: Good Morning everyone! How are you all doing?

y_dynamite: good morning unnie. head spinning rn but still managed to make myself some breakfast.

ddeulgi: Good morning people! Last night was great!

yerim_the_great: out and about. morning exercise.

jichoo: Jendeukie's still asleep.

wannie: How the did I go home?!

rosie: what a great way to start the day everyone! here at the hospital....


Rosè accidentally pressed the send button which led to more messages coming in asking what happened.

baechu: WHAT HAPPENED???

wannie: which hospital???

y_dynamite: what the hell did you do??

rosie: calm your ! a minor accident involving Lisa.

wannie: who's Lisa??

ddeulgi: jealous much @wannie?

yerim_the_great: .

jichoo: dude, you just met the person.


Rosè was about to reply when she received an invite for a video call.

Irene: Alright. Tell us what happened.

Wendy: Yeah.

Jisoo: Don't spare any details.

Yeri: I second that.

Rosè: Fine. I woke up this morning and heard noises. Instincts told me a burglar was inside my apartment so I got my bat and smacked the person. Turned out it was Lisa making me some hangover soup.

Joy: Aww that's sweet!

Wendy: How the hell did she get in your apartment??

Irene: Calm down Wannie.


Another person came in the view from Rosè's phone surprising her as well.

Lisa: Hi guys!

Jisoo: Hey Lisa!

Lisa: We're actually neighbors. I moved in next to her apartment.

Rosè: Yeah. What she said.

Wendy: Again, how the hell did you get in your apartment??

Seulgi: Chill Wendy. You ask questions as if...

Irene: Anyway, how are you Lisa?

Lisa then showed her left arm in a sling.

Yeri: You know Rosie, you maybe thin as hell but I admire your strength.

Jisoo: Alright. Let's wrap this up guys. We hope you heal fast Lisa and sorry about what Rosie did.

Lisa: It's fine guys. Nice to meet y'all last night by the way.

The call ended and one person was still not happy with what happened.

"So what did the doctor tell you?" Rosè asked. Guilt plastered on her face.

"Told me to take it easy in the next few weeks, gave me some prescription and that's it"

"I really am sorry about what happened. Let me pay for the bill and treat you breakfast?"

"Don't worry about the bill. Insurance will cover that but I will take you up on your offer for breakfast"

After processing the bill, they went out of the hospital and drove to a cafe that Rosè had suggested.

On the other side of town, a certain hamster was clearly not having a good morning. When she woke up, a massive headache greeted her, add in the morning chats and video call. The thing between her and Rosè already ended years ago but she can't seem to shake this uprising feelings once again. She tried to recall the events of last night but it was all a blur. Surprisingly though she remember kissing someone, she just wasn’t sure who, but she was hoping it was her ex girlfriend.

A knock was heard and despite the headache, she got out of bed and checked who’d be knocking on her door.

“Joohyun? What are you doing here?”

Irene let herself in leaving Wendy confused.

“Did you take the pills I left in your night stand?”

Wendy then closed her front door and went inside her bedroom and saw the said pills. When she got out of her room again, she saw Irene removing some things from the paper bag she was holding.

“I dropped by your favorite cafe before I went here. Drink the meds and have your coffee while it’s still hot”

She did as she was told and drank the pill, sat on the kitchen counter chair and smelled the coffee she loves so much. She waited first until the meds took effect before questioning what her best friend was doing here.

A few minutes later, while she was busy massaging her head, Irene already laid out the breakfast she bought and placed them neatly in separate plates. The dining table was already set for the two of them.

“D’you want to shower or eat first?” she asked Wendy.

Wendy looked over the table and started watering. Before her laid some blueberry pancakes and some eggs and bacon sandwiches.

“I…I’ll take a quick shower first. I smell like ”

“Yep. You do. So go now” Irene ordered and Wendy quickly went inside her room again to take a bath.

When she was done freshening up, she went out the room and saw Irene playing something in her tablet. Now that her mind is fully awake, she also started recalling what happened last night.

“She took care of me last night. She even brought me home. Holy ! I kissed her as well!” were the thoughts running through her mind as she just watched Irene sitting on the chair, eyes glued to whatever she was playing.

“If she was sober enough to do all that, should I ask her about the kiss? Or no? Would that be awkward enough?” 

Her train of thoughts were interrupted when Irene looked to her direction.

“Oh good you’re done. C’mon Seungwan. Let’s eat” Irene said as she closed her tablet.

Wendy then sat on another chair opposite Irene and the other started placing some pancakes on her plate.

“Joohyun?”

“Hmm?”

“I’m sorry about last night”

“What do you mean?”

“Uhm…the kiss?”

Irene stopped what she was doing. “It’s okay. You were drunk”

“But - ”

“Seungwan, I said it’s fine” It that I know you didn’t mean to do it, was Irene wanted to continue saying as well.

Wendy just nodded and began to eat and so did Irene.

When they were done eating, Wendy told Irene that she’ll do the dishes this time and Irene didn’t argue anymore so she took her tablet again and went to the living room. Wendy then used the time while washing the dishes to reflect on what just happened.

“She seem fine but why do I get the feeling that there’s more to it than she’s showing or rather saying? She’s my best friend. I mean why would there be any other meaning to what she does. She’s always been like that, right?” Her thoughts were so confused with what happened. It was only a kiss, so she thought.

She finished washing the dished and wiped her hands dry before joining Irene in the living room.

“Any plans for the day?” Irene asked as soon as Wendy sat down beside her.

“None really. How about you?”

“No plans as well. But maybe we can drive around and just go wherever”

Wendy thought for a moment. The voice inside her head is telling her to go but something inside her is hesitant.

“Just the two of us?”

Irene paused before answering. “D…did you want to invite someone else?”

Wendy saw the slight change in Irene’s usual poker face and it was a hint of sadness she saw when she asked the question. Wendy’s usually dense when it comes to this things, after Rosè, she’d only ever been in just dates and no one really stood out to make it into a real relationship.

"No. WenRene road trip it is!"

With that, she got her phone and wallet and headed out.

In another location, Jisoo was also preparing breakfast for her and her girlfriend Jennie who just woke up. They've been together since college and already talked about finally tying the knot soon but Jisoo is yet to propose for formality sake. Not that it would make any difference, they already share the same last name. As she finished setting down the plates, she held her pocket where she keeps the ring and ran what she wants to say in her head.

Jennie emerged from their room, hair in a messy bun and morning pout. Something that Jisoo finds adorable. The younger sat down as the older poured her some hot choco.

"Good morning love. You missed an interesting video call earlier" Jisoo greeted then gave Jennie a peck.

Jennie hugged Jisoo's waist and snuggled there. "Good Morning Love. What happened?"

Jisoo kissed the top of Jennie's head and told her about the call.

"Irene and Wendy, huh? Those two better pull their heads out of their asses. They're obviously into each other. If the other just be brave enough to confess"

"Wendy unnie can be dense at times so I'm pretty sure either Irene unnie really does confess, or Wendy finally realizes that she too has feelings for Irene unnie until someone makes a move on her"

"And Rosie and this new girl Lisa seems to hit it off as well"

"Yep. They're neighbors as well so it'll not be a surprise anymore if those two be in a relationship soon"

"What's with you and relationship this early?"

Jisoo just shrugged. "I don't know. It's fun talking about it. Speaking of which, I -"

She was cut off by a phone ringing (what the heck authornim, you keep cutting them off). Jennie got up and checked which phone rang and apparently it was hers.

"This is Jennie"

"Yo couz, you got any breakfast there? I'm nearby" said the person on the other line.

"Seriously Yeri? Fine. Just come up"

Jisoo was just a little pissed that her momentum was interrupted but she'll make it up tonight instead.

Just a few minutes passed and their bell rang so Jennie answered it and Yeri came in.

"Good morning es!" she greeted which earned her a smack on her head.

"Watch your language Yerim before I change my mind in letting you join breakfast"

Yeri then held her hands up then zipped . Jisoo got another plate for her girlfriend's cousin then started eating.

******************************

Work kept Rosè busy the following weeks, from composing to arranging songs to vocal training for trainees and recording for their debuted soloists and groups. It's really a good thing that she included in her contract that she would always have the weekends off so she was hurrying up to go home as it was a Friday night.

"You done for the day Rosie?" her co-producer Chan asked.

Rosè scoffed. It was already eleven in the evening.

"I don't know about you Chan but it's just an hour away from my rest day so yes I'd like to finally go home"

"The boys and I are headed for a drink after this, you wanna join?"

"No thanks. My bed's been calling me"

"You're bed or someone in bed?" Chan teased.

Rosè knows that Chan has a crush on her and had been dropping hints about it ever since. She thought this was the perfect opportunity to finally turn him down.

"The latter actually. I think I left her tied up. You know, it's a kink of ours"

Chan's reaction was indeed epic and Rosè wished she had filmed it. After that, he left her alone while she packed her bag and went out the studio.

When she finally reached the lobby, she was about to call for a cab when an unfamiliar car stopped in front of her. It didn't take long before the windows were rolled down and she saw the driver.

"What are you doing here?"

"Was on my way home from an interview and thought of you so I asked for Lady Luck for a wish to find you here and voila" Lisa answered which made Rosè laugh.

Rosè heard the elevator opened and heard Chan's voice along with her other peers.

"Do me a favor please. Go around the lot and meet me here again"

Lisa was confused but did as she was told. As she was approaching again, she saw Rosè is now surrounded by three men. She seems to know them and Lisa already has an idea what the other is planning. She slowed down and stopped right in front of them then rolled out the window.

"Hey babe. Sorry I'm late. The ropes were kinda hard to remove" Lisa then said and matched it by massaging her wrists.

Rosè was surprised as hell with what Lisa just said and found it interesting that it corroborates what she just told Chan.

Again, the taller one watched Chan's reaction as well as her peers and all they did now was just wave goodbye to Rosè as she got inside the car.

Lisa drove away and at a stop light, she couldn't hold it anymore and laughed hard, Rosè did the same.

"Oh man. I wish I was able to capture it. It was freakin' hilarious!" Lisa exclaimed.

"What's even more funny is that I told them the same excuse earlier"

Lisa was confused again so Rosè explained.

"No ? Wow! That's one hell of coincidence. Maybe Lady Luck extended her charm"

As Lisa continued to drive, they did some catching up and only until Lisa drove uphill that Rosè noticed that they were not on their way back to their apartment building.

"Ugh. Where are we going?"

Lisa signaled to the right and changed lanes before turning.

"I hope you're hungry cause I'm starving. Saw this place online and thought of trying it out"

Rosè would never say no to a meal so of course she good with it.

When they arrived at the place, it didn't look like a restaurant at all. It was a two storey house with lots of light illuminating it. Lisa parked the car and went right away to the other side before Rosè could even remove her seat belt and opened the door for her.

They walked towards the door where a tall girl in all smiles welcomed them and showed them to their best seat, which was on the second floor, overlooking the city.

The view they have was spectacular, the tall buildings in the city were minute from where they are and the lights that those buildings and lamp posts give out make out a field of fairy lights. The weather was fair as well, it wasn't too hot or cold. It was a perfect first date... oh sorry, they're not on a date.

The hostess earlier gave them the menus and told them to just ring the bell when they're ready to order. Rosè immediately scanned the menu and couldn't decide on which one to order.

"Everything looks good I can't choose" she told Lisa.

"I think we can get a small portion of each so we could try them all out"

With what Lisa said, Rosè's eyes widened and just like that first night they met, Lisa found it so adorable.

They rang the bell and the hostess came back and Lisa told her of their order. After taking notes, she walked out and came back a few minutes later with a bottle of wine.

"Did you order this?" Rosè asked Lisa.

Lisa just shrugged her shoulders and before she could answer, the hostess beat her to it.

"It's on the house Miss Park. Compliments of the head chef"

After pouring some on their glasses, the hostess left again.

Rosè now became suspicious. "H...how did she know my last name?"

Lisa gulped then took a deep breath. "I apologize for not really asking earlier on. But I made a reservation tonight"

Rosè leaned back and eyed Lisa. "Are we on a date?"

She was about to answer when they heard both their names.

"Hey Rosie, Lisa, fancy seeing you both here" Irene greeted with Wendy in tow.

 

 

 

 

- as always, tell me what you think guys -