Chapter Five

I Need A Miracle

Rosé and Lisa didn't get to see each other for a while despite being in the same company and being neighbors. Rosé would be stuck inside the music studio while Lisa would be busy with dance lessons as the company was planning to debut a new girl group. The new addition to her team made it fun though. Yuqi and Soyeon jelled right away and it was a change of atmosphere to Rosé having these girls in the room instead of the boys.

They were tasked to come up with the songs the new girl group would use. Soyeon already started writing some lyrics right away. Yuqi would key in some melody and Rosé would be the final decision maker being their senior. In just the first week, they were able to finish two songs already and the management could not be anymore happier with the results. The songs were potential debut songs and they can already see it being on the charts for long.

Lisa on the other hand was hoping to see more of Rosé but she knows how busy they can get especially that they are the ones producing the songs. She just finished her lessons with her trainees after practicing tirelessly on their dance skills. She loves to dance, that's a fact but doing the dance by herself is way different from teaching and perfecting the moves. She sipped on her bottled water and sat down on the floor, resting.

"Miss Lisa, I'm really sorry about earlier. I was just dealing with some family problems but I know I should separate that during rehearsals. I will work harder tomorrow" Yoon, one of the trainees said and bowed her head.

Being in the industry where your every move is being criticized as it would reflect on how much you wanted to stay and debut is really hard. It tests your physical and mental strength. Some train for years but because of the pressure, at such a young age, some quit and go back to where they were before. She understands what her trainees are going through as she was once a trainee herself.

"Don't worry Yoon. I know you can be better. For now, go home and rest. I'll see you tomorrow" Lisa said and with another bow, Yoon left the dance studio.

Lisa started to fix her things but before she went home, she passed by the music studio to try and catch a glimpse of Rosé. She peaked through the glass on the door and saw her with her headphones on, bobbing her head to the music. Lisa smiled and left.

When she got to her car, she waited for a few more minutes to see if Rosé decided to leave as well. Ten minutes turned into half an hour but no Rosé went out. So she started the engine and drove home.

The final evaluation came, so all the producers, music and dance teachers and of course the CEO were  gathered to watch the trainees. This would make or break their decision on whose going to debut. There were ten trainees and they originally planned to debut a six member girl group.

The trainees were to perform two songs. One song that Lisa had selected and one song that the trainees chose. They performed the trainee's choice first which was I Can't Stop Me by Twice. followed by the trainer's choice which was Whistle by Blackpink.

After performing, the trainees left the dance studio and was given the rest of the day off. The management then had a long meeting on who will be a part of the final line up. The meeting took about five hours before they were able to come up with the decision.

During the meeting, Rosé and Lisa kept glancing at each other. This was about the only time they were able to really see each other.  When the meeting ended, the others left the room while Rosé and Lisa stayed behind.

"Hi" they said at the same time. They both got shy and was just genuinely happy to be in each other's presence.

"How are you Rosé?" Lisa began.

"I could use another vacation but I think I'll wait until the girls debut" Rosé responded.

"Same. It's fun dancing everyday but it's way different when you're teaching it. I have to be strict and all which is something I haven't done in a while"

Silence enveloped them. It was like getting used to one another once again. And Lisa couldn't take it anymore. She had been really patient for the moment when she and Rosé could go spend time together.

"Are you gonna stay up again?" Lisa asked. She already knew the answer but she was still hopeful.

Rosé thought for a moment. "I just have to finish this song I'm working on"

"Can I come with you?" Lisa said all smiley.

Rosé mentally laughed because the way Lisa said this word, she totally heard it differently.

"Yeah sure"

With that, they both left the dance studio and went their way to the music studio where they caught the two new producers in a compromising position.

Soyeon immediately stood up from Yuqi's lap and went to her own workdesk.

Rosé and Lisa tried to suppress their snicker but failed.

"Oh don't stop on our account," Rosé said nonchalantly as she made her way to her desk with Lisa on her tail. Yuqi gulped so hard that everyone heard it.

Two hours passed and Rosé was finally saving the file. Lisa who was entertaining herself with a game earlier was now sleeping on the small couch beside her. Rosé got her phone and took a photo of her sleeping seatmate. She fixed her things before waking Lisa up. She stirred and gestured her hand to give her five more minutes.

Dancing can be tiring and doing it every day for ten hours must've taken a toll on her. I wonder what else she could do for hours. Rosé naughtily thought. She was also feeling sleepy so she sat beside Lisa and the moment her head rested, she was fast asleep.

Hours later, Lisa was the first one to wake up. Feeling the heavy feeling on her shoulder, she was surprised to see Rosé leaning, still quite asleep. She doesn't remember how they got that position but she wasn't complaining. Lisa had been really wanting to have a moment with Rosé. She looked at the time and saw that it was already a little past midnight. She was originally planning to take out Rosé for dinner and she can't believe she fell asleep while waiting.

Lisa then tried to wake her up and the other girl slowly opened her eyes.

"Guess we were really tired huh?" Lisa said as she let Rosé adjust her position.

"I guess so as well. Let's go home?" Rosé offered and Lisa'a face brightened up. With that, they gathered their stuff and went out the studio.

The moment Lisa started driving, Rosé fell asleep again. She was really planning to ask her to go somewhere and she knows she will love it as well. So instead of driving straight home, she went to her destination in mind. When they got there later, Lisa woke Rosé up. She was still a little out of it that she didn't notice they were not in the parking lot of their apartment building.

Lisa got out of the car and went to the backseat to get the some stuff she bought on the way. When Rosé noticed the surroundings and not seeing Lisa beside her, she lowkey freaked out. But when she smelled the food from the back and saw Lisa smiling at her, she immediately calmed down.

They were on an overlooking area once again but not at the restaurant they went to last time. The stars were all out and the bright lights from below added to the calming sensation plus the weather was just right. Lisa had set up two folding chairs and a table and laid out the food and drinks.

"I haven't seen you in a while Rosé and I'm gonna be honest, I really miss you. Forgive me for kinda forcing you to be here. I know you just wanted to go home already"

Rosé was speechless. No one has ever done this for her. Not even Wendy and that woman always have some sweet surprises up her sleeves.

"I...ugh..."

"Too much?" Lisa asked. Worry evident on her face but when she saw Rosé smiling she was relieved.

"T...thank you Lisa" Rosé stuttered. Still not over the surprise date.

Lisa let her be seated first before sitting on the other side then started eating. They began catching up on what they've been up to since the last time they were together. Rosé told Lisa about how lighter her job had been since the addition of Soyeon and Yuqi. They were very efficient and always eager to create music.

"I mean, the song I was working on earlier, I didn't even have to help out with the lyrics. Like Soyeon is really gifted, it would not surprise me if she starts her own company in the future. And Yuqi? She's great with creating the melodies. All I really do nowadays is to finalize their work"

Lisa was listening intently as she stared at Rosé.

"So how are the trainees?" Rosé asked.

So Lisa started sharing what's been happening in the dance studio.

"There was this girl who kept messing up. So I was like, 'Why d'you keep messing up?' Then she said sorry and I responded, 'You should not be sorry to me. You should be sorry to your friends'"

"Wow. I don't think I could survive being your student"

"Oh there's more. We were working on this upbeat song so really part of the dance was to smile. But then this trainee was all serious all through out the choreography. I kept reminding them to smile but she literally just ignored my word"

"Jeez Lisa"

"I had to be strict to them though. If they can't handle me being like that, they won't be able to survive this industry"

"I couldn't agree more. I mean, if they feel the pressure now, it'll be a load full of that once they debut"

They continued chatting until all the food was gone. It was already half past two when they decided to leave so they packed up their things and drove home.

They got to the parking lot, stepped out of the car and waited for the elevator. They were the only passengers there but they stood shoulder to shoulder.

Lisa didn't want to assume anything but hope for it so she positioned her left arm closer to Rosé and she did the same. Not a second later, they held hands and they both looked the other way and smiled shyly. They got to their floor and stepped out.

Rosé pulled out her key and was about to go inside but not before thanking Lisa.

"Thank you for tonight Lisa"

"You're welcome. Have a good night sleep okay?"

"You do the same"

Rosé almost closed the door but Lisa stucked out her hand, grateful that it didn't get caught.

"Can I drive you to work tomorrow and everyday if I can?" Lisa whispered the last part.

Rosé was caught off guard. A wider smile spread on her face as she answered.

"Yes you can Lisa. And everyday as well"

Lisa did not expect what Rosé did next. The taller girl leaned closer and planted a kiss on her cheek, whispered good night once again before closing the door. Lisa was rooted at the spot. Took ten more seconds to recover. Shivers went down her spine as she held her cheek where just Rosé kissed her.

Lisa had a good night sleep and when she woke up a few hours later she was in a good mood. She cooked some breakfast, readied herself and knocked on her neighbor's door.

"Good Morning Miss Park!" She greeted.

Rosé was still wearing her pajamas when she opened her door and with Lisa's bright smile, she didn't mind the early visitor.

"Well good morning to you" she responded as she let her in.

While Lisa was setting up their breakfast, Rosé went on her routine. Once she was all dressed up, they shared the food then went to work.

*****************************
Irene moved in with Wendy not long after. It just makes sense since Irene would be staying at her girlfriend's house for most of the week and will just go home to do the laundry. Wendy's condo was big enough for them anyway.

Being the CEO, Wendy would sometimes go home late but she would always find Irene waiting for her with either a book in hand or just tuned in to some random show on tv. As soon as she goes home, Irene would reheat the food while she goes for a wash and a change of clothes. They then would ask how their day went.

Irene helps manage their family restaurant during regular work hours. So she would really have more free time than Wendy. Since she moved in with her girlfriend, with her approval as well, she was able to rearrange some of their furnitures and even their closet after washing and ironing them. 'You'll make a great wife' Her mother always says and she agrees. She'll be a great wife for Wendy.

She just finished cooking dinner when her phone chimed and a notification popped out.

♡♡hamster♡♡ be home around 9 babe. need to close some business transactions. sometimes I hate being the CEO but don't really have a choice. can't wait to see you at home.

♡♡bunny♡♡ no worries babe. since you've been working hard, i'll give you a massage when you get home. 😏

♡♡hamster♡♡ oooh can i just go home now?

♡♡bunny♡♡ i wish you would. anyway, i just finished cooking samgyetang. i'll reheat it when you get here. i love you.

♡♡hamster♡♡ i love you more.

She didn't reply anymore and just finished setting the table. It was only seven in the evening and she's not hungry yet so she went to the living room and did some channel surfing.

Two hours went by so quickly and just in time, she received another message from Wendy that she just parked. She really means it when she says what time she'll be home. Fifteen minutes later, she heard the front door opening and revealed her tired looking hamster. She greeted her with a kiss and led her to their room so Wendy can wash up.

While waiting for her to finish, Irene reheated their food and squeezed out some lemon for their drinks. Wendy came out and they started eating.

"So anything interesting happened at the restaurant today?" Wendy asked as she drank some soup.

"Well, ever since we added double patties on the menu, the customers multiplied. So I had to help out more in the kitchen. I think we need to hire more crew"

"Any plans on expanding? I mean, a second or third branch would increase your sales even better. I can ask my marketing head to scout some great locations"

"Still on your CEO mode?"

"Sorry babe. I know we agreed to turn off our work mode at home"

"I'll let that pass babe. Besides, I've been thinking about opening a new branch as well. I just have to talk to dad about it"

"Lemme know if I can help okay?"

"Of course"

After they ate, Wendy washed the dishes while Irene took a shower and she did give Wendy that massage she offered earlier. With some extra service.

******************************
Jennie and Jisoo are currently glued to each of their laptops. One is searching for wedding locations while the other is looking for other stuff.

"Love, what do you think about Maldives?"

The other just looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Are you seriously looking for honeymoon destinations already? We haven't even gotten to one fourth on our list" Jennie said with an irritated tone.

"We can ask Irene unnie if they can cater our wedding. Their new menu looks really mouth watering" Jisoo answered without removing her eyes on the screen.

Her fiancé just rolled her eyes, threw a pillow at Jisoo who caught it then walked out of the room leaving the other scratching her head in confusion. She waited for about a minute or two before she followed Jennie who was pouring herself some coffee. Jisoo hugged her from the back then kissed her on her shoulders.

"I'm sorry Love. It's not that I don't care about the location or the food or what decorations we will have on our wedding, we can even have it done tomorrow. Just you and me, maybe Rosé and Lisa as our witness. All I want is nothing more than to call you my wife"

Jennie's shoulder loosened up then turned around to face Jisoo.

"I would like a simple wedding as well. But you know how my parents would react to that"

"Love, we're the ones getting married. It should be how we would like it to be. We don't need to impress a whole lot of people"

Jennie thought for a moment. Jisoo was right. It really should not matter how small or big the wedding is but a part of her still would not like to disappoint her parents. Being an only child, she knows they'll definitely make a big deal out of it.