Chapter One

I Need A Miracle

No one’s POV

A girl was woken up by the sudden loud noises coming from the apartment next to her. It surprised her as the unit had been empty ever since she moved in a year ago. She enjoys the peace she gets at night but that would be cut short as she now have neighbors. I mean, of course she knows eventually someone will move in. She was hoping for a quiet morning as it was her rest day but unfortunately the world has other plans. She wanted to go back to sleep but with the constant dropping of boxes and loud voices of whoever was coming in and out of the unit made it hard for her to do so. She then gave up and just got out of bed to have breakfast.

She just finished cooking some eggs and bacon and was about to enjoy her food when her phone rang. She thought of just letting it get to voicemail because who the hell dare to disturb her food time. But the ringing didn't stop so she got up reluctantly and went inside her room to get her phone.

"What??" she answered, making it obvious to the caller that she’s annoyed because of the interruption.

"Well good morning to you too Roseanne. I'm just calling to remind you to not forget the get together tonight. The gang has been pestering me about reminding you and making sure you will come this time" the caller said.

Roseanne sighed heavily and answered. "Is there anyway I can skip tonight too? I'm not feeling very sociable"

The caller just laughed on the other line, a sarcastic one. "Nope. This is the fifth time we invited you so you better make sure you'd be there tonight. If I don't hear back from you by four, I'll have Yeri pick you up"

"Seriously? Fine. I'll be there tonight. Just send me the address" Roseanne said.

But the caller seem to really know her better. "Nah. I'll have someone pick you up instead. Just to make sure you won't really ditch us"

"Damn you Joy. I'll be there okay? No need to send someone"

"Just be ready by three okay?"

"But you said f-"

She wasn't able to finish her sentence as the other line already dropped. It was only eight in the morning and she had all sorts of bad luck. First, the noisy neighbor interrupting her sleep, and now the call that interrupted her breakfast, add in the fact that she was forced to attend a gathering tonight.

After the call, she wasn't able to enjoy her food but finished it anyway. Once she was done washing the dishes, she went back inside her room to look at her closet.

"When was the last time I went shopping for clothes?" she thought to herself as she scanned all her clothing one by one.

"I guess I really have to go out then" figuring out that she had nothing better to wear other than her work clothes, that is fit for a gathering she started preparing to leave.

She owned a car but she at driving so said car was  stuck in the parking lot of her apartment complex. She prefers walking anyway and since she lives in the middle part of the city, everything she needs are a mere walking distance away.

When she got to the mall, she went to the first clothing store she saw and went on to several other stores until she finally ended with the one she was able to buy the dress she immediately fell in love with. Contented with her impromptu shopping spree, she started walking back home. It was already one in the afternoon and she still have to prep herself.

As she reached her building, she encountered another dilemma: pressing the elevator button so she could go up. Bags in her hands and no one around, she  thought of removing her shoes and use her toe to press it. She was about to do so when someone spoke behind her.

"That's not really hygienic you know"

She was surprised by the voice that she lost her balance as her leg was already raised. Despite being shocked by the voice and loosing her balance, this stranger even caught her back preventing a much disastrous meeting.

For Roseanne, it was like in those movies where everything moved in slow motion the moment she laid her eyes on this beautiful stranger. Black long hair, bangs neatly placed, big brown orbs that she could melt into, cute sized nose and those red lips. It also didn't help that the stranger her lips and the fact that their faces are just inches away.

“That’s sweet and all but ladies, are you going in or not? Cause you’re holding up the line here” Another person spoke and that was enough for Roseanne and this beautiful stranger to fix themselves, well more on Roseanne to pull her together. They got inside the elevator in  awkward silence and the old lady who interrupted their moment was whispering loudly to the kid beside her.

Roseanne’s grip on the shopping bags she was holding tightened as she mentally slap herself for the situation she was in. One by one, the passengers alight when they reached their designated floor and she was getting curious as to why the stranger was not yet leaving. Not that she minds being with her. She actually prefers it.

So many thoughts running to her mind, positive and negative and those questions / thoughts in her head just got answered as the button for her floor lit up and they both stepped out of the elevator. Call her assuming but she was thinking that this stranger was just following her and  was possibly hitting on her from the moment they met.

When they were almost at her door, she stopped walking causing the girl to almost bump into her.

“Are you following me?” she had to ask, match it with an eyebrow raised.

The girl just smiled then answered. “Oh no, I actually live here as well. I moved in this morning”

“We’re neighbors? Oh ” Roseanne thought to herself again. Also earning another mental slap as she assumed something else. To stop herself for more embarrassing moments with her new neighbor, she just nodded and walked faster towards her apartment. In her haste, she completely forgot she was holding several bags and could not for the life of her, find her damn keys. The stranger walked past her as she tried to fumble through her bag.

And just her luck, she actually forgot her house keys inside!

The stranger came back and slightly push her to the side and bent down to the mat below. Low and behold, she totally forgot about her spare key. But how in the world did this stranger know where it was?

“I accidentally kicked the mat earlier while I was moving my stuff inside and saw the key.” the stranger explained.

The shock on Roseanne’s face was evident as the stranger picked it up and placed it in the keyhole, twisted the doorknob and finally opened the door. She even helped her carry the bags inside. Once settled, she was about to leave when Roseanne stopped her.

“Ugh. Since we’re neighbors, let me introduce myself” She extended her now free hand. “My name’s Roseanne Park but you can just call me Rosé or Rosie” or yours she added mentally.

The stranger took her hand and shook it gently whilst sporting a big smile on her face. “I’m Lisa Manoban”

They stared at each other for a good minute before letting go of each other’s hand. A slight ual tension growing between the two girls. If not because of someone’s phone ringing they would have continued their staring contest.

Lisa grabbed the phone from her back pocket and as her ringtone still played.

“Hello?…. Yep, already settled in…. Tonight?…. Sure just text me the address, I’ll be there…. Okay bye…. Love you too”

While Lisa was on the phone, but still inside Rosé’s apartment, the owner was just staring at her new hot neighbor. She knows it’s rude to stare but she can’t help it. The phone call lasted for just a few minutes but it was enough for Rosé  to already check out Lisa’s assets.

“Sorry about that. My sister was just checking in on me” Lisa said that pulled Rosé out of her erted mind.

“That’s cool. So ugh.” Remember now that she has to prepare for this party later, as much as she didn’t want to go out, she has to. “I kinda have to prepare for something. Maybe we can have lunch tomorrow? Take it like a welcoming meal. It’s been a while as well since I’ve had neighbors”

“Free meal? I’m down for that” Lisa answered with a sneaky smile. They exchanged their numbers then and Lisa went out.

As soon as Rosè closed the door, she hurriedly went inside the bathroom to take a shower. Once done, she sent a message to her friend Joy that she's already prepping. She dried herself, put on her underwear and wore the dress she just bought. As she let her hair to dry, she put on her make up and picked out the shoes she would be wearing. At exactly three pm, her phone rang.

"Your ride is on the way Roseanne" Joy said on the other line.

"I told you not to send someone anymore"

"Too late. This person volunteered"

"Fine"

After giving the details of the car of the person picking her up, she fixed her hair and looked at herself in the mirror, took some selfies while waiting as well, cause why the hell not.

By three fifteen, Joy sent her another message that her ride is there so she checked her bag and made sure her house keys are there this time, locked the door and went down.

Upon arriving at the lobby, she already saw a blue Corvette outside so she walked towards the car and the door immediately opened.

"Wendy unnie?" Rosè said as the door opened.

A blonde haired girl smiled back at her. "Hi Rosie. You look beautiful as always"

Not even a minute of meeting and the greasiness from the other girl already started.

Rosè got inside the car, greeted the driver by kissing her cheek before they drove off.

"So, how have you been?" Wendy asked.

Still can't believe that her ex girlfriend picked her up, Rosé just looked ahead. It was a good thing that they didn't end in a bad way years ago, which is a story for another chapter.

"I've been good unnie. How about you? I heard you're now managing your father's company"

Wendy chuckled. "Yeah. Pops retired and my sister's just started a family so the obvious choice to take over was me"

"You will do well unnie. You didn't graduate suma laude for nothing"

"Well, that award didn't help cause my dad had me started at the bottom. For me to experience everything, as he says"

"Oh wow. I didn't peg you for someone to work in the mail room."

They exchanged stories until they reached their destination and once the car was parked, Wendy went to the other side of the car to open the door for her passenger. They went inside the restaurant after locking the car and as if on reflex, they held hands. They both know it doesn't mean anything like it did a few years back.

When they got inside the rented room, they earned a few cheers and teases from their friends.

"Is WenSè back from the dead?” Yeri said in a teasing tone as soon as they approached their table.

“I wish” Wendy answered with a pout and that earned her a slight slap on the shoulder from Rosé.

When they got settled down, they waited for a few more of their friends before they ordered.

Their group would meet at least once a month to just catch up and everyone is updated on everyone except for Rosé who last joined them months ago. Most of the time because her work didn’t allow her to have a lot of breaks as they would constantly be working on songs. Working for one of the biggest music labels in the country, they would always be working with either trainees or seasoned artists. They barely leave the studio hence why Rosé choosing to just spend her weekends sleeping at home instead of going out.

After eating they started on the drinks and some karaoke. This was always the highlight of their get together aside from the gossip and catching up they did. As all of them were a part of the music organization in college, this is about the only time they get to do what they love together since they graduated.

As the night progressed and more drinks was ordered, the door to the room opened and revealed a late comer of the group.

"Sorn! Finally you're here!" Seulgi greeted as the group welcomed their friend.

The new comer hugged everyone and sat down as Yeri gave her a beer.

"Hey guys, my sister just moved in town. Would it be alright if we let her join?" Sorn asked and everyone just nodded.

"The more, the merrier right?" A drunk Wendy said as she clung onto Rosè who didn't mind taking care of the older.

"Great! She's just parking the car" Sorn said as she started drinking her beer.

A few minutes later, the door opened once again and revealed another girl. Rosè, who was sipping on her beer suddenly sprayed some to Wendy's face who was nuzzling on her neck in her surprise.

"W...what happened?" a groggy Wendy asked. Irene immediately handed her some tissue to wipe her face.

Sorn stood up and pulled the other new comer inside.

"Guys, this is my younger sister Lisa. She just finished her year long escapade in the wilderness and decided to finally interact with other people"

Lisa then bowed to everyone and introduced herself again. As she scanned the room, her eyes stopped when she saw Rosè who was now helping Wendy fix her posture. A small pout was sported and only Sorn and Irene was able to catch it. They moved their seats so the new comer could join the table and more drinks were ordered.

Rosè then helped Wendy up so she could wash her face but Irene stopped her and offered that she'll do it instead. So as soon as the two went out the room, Jisoo played the next song to divert their attention.

Some were singing, some were dancing along while the others just enjoyed watching their drunken friends make a fool of themselves as they do an impromptu performance. Seating arrangements kept changing throughout the night and eventually, Rosé and Lisa finally sat next to each other.

 

 

 

 

- what do you think guys? -