Chapter Three

I Need A Miracle

The following parts are on the same time line but with just different scenarios: ChaeLisa, WenRene and Jensoo.

 

 

Seeing her ex girlfriend with another girl out in what seem like a date didn’t hurt like she thought it would. Wendy can't explain but just a few weeks ago, she was hella confused as to what she really is feeling - towards Rosè and especially Irene. She would usually spot Rosè even within a sea of people but tonight, if Irene didn't call them out, she would not have noticed them. Before she can even protest in greeting them, she was dragged by Irene to approach their table.

"Hey Rosie, Lisa, fancy seeing you both here" Irene said completely surprising the two.

"Hi unnies!" Rosè greeted back then stood up to hug the older ones. Lisa just bowed as she was not yet that close them.

"Are you guys out on a date?" Irene asked in a teasing tone.

Lisa looked at Rosè. She never really properly answered her question earlier and she didn't want to assume.

"No" she quietly answered but Rosè's voice was louder when she said yes.

"Nice. Oh well, we'll leave you two to your date night while we enjoy ours, right Wendy?"

Wendy who was still mesmerized by the view despite being there for the second time was surprised when Irene called her name.

"Yes. Right" she answered even though she didn't really hear what Irene said.

With that, the hostess who was waiting for them at their table, handed their menus as soon as they sat down.

A waiter then approached Rosè and Lisa's table and started placing several small plates. Rosè's excitement was evident that Lisa had to capture the moment.

For the next few minutes, Lisa was finding it hard not to react to the sounds that Rosè is producing while eating. #foodgasms

It was a good thing that there weren't a lot of customers at that time as it may cause some disturbance.

"Uhm. Rosè, you have something on you upper lip" Lisa said as Rosè placed her utensils down.

"What? Where?" Rosè said as she grab the table napkin.

She still missed wiping it so Lisa extended her hand and wiped her lips with her fingers. It caught Rosè off guard and Wendy saw it as well.

"Sorry. You missed the spot" Lisa said then wiped her finger with another napkin.

Trying to hide her blush, Rosè answered. "It's okay"

"So want any dessert?" Lisa asked.

"Sure. Anything but avocado please?"

Lisa was curious but didn't ask further. She rang the bell and a waiter approached them so she pointed out her orders.

"Is the dessert a surprise as well?" Rosè teased.

And Lisa played along. "Yeah. Be careful when you eat it okay? You might swallow the ring I instructed to be put in"

Rosè who was currently sipping some water almost sprayed it out but was able to prevent it causing her to have some coughing fit. Lisa immediately stood up and patted her back.

". Sorry about that" Lisa said.

When Rosè calmed down, she had tears falling down her face. Lisa panicked for a bit but Rosè holding her hand assured her she was fine.

"The tears ran down early. It should be after you present the ring"

Lisa was shocked that Rosè was still playing along.

"Will you say yes then?"

"Ask me first"

"Oh I will Miss Park"

"You're bold Miss Manoban. I like it"

It was Lisa turn to blush now and Rosè was smirking.

The ordered dessert arrived and Rosè was given mango crepe while Lisa had a chocolate sundae.

"How did you know I like mangoes?" Rosè asked excitedly.

"I should know my future wife's favorite dessert right?" Lisa said then winked at her.

"Oh wow" was all Rosè could say.

"Too much?"

"Nah. I like it"

"You like me?"

"What if I do?"

"Then that's great cause I like you too"

Lisa and Rosè stared at each other after their back and forth throws and both just smiled and blushed.

They both weren't ready to end the night and they didn't have to talk about it. It's as if their mind was one that after their sweet staring, Lisa got the check and paid for it despite Rosè's protest. They bid goodbye to Irene and Wendy and made their way back to the car. They also didn't have any destination in mind so Lisa just kept driving.

An hour and a half later, they found themselves in Sokcho. The place was famous for its beach but it was still early for them to enjoy or even appreciate it.

"Are you feeling sleepy already?" Lisa asked as she caught Rosè yawning for the third time since they left the restaurant.

"A little. Kinda woke up too early yesterday" Rosè answered while looking outside.

"I think we passed by a hotel earlier. Let me just make a u turn"

"No. Just drive straight. I already booked us a room by the beach front"

To say that Lisa was surprised was an understatement. The girl just kept on saying things that she wasn’t expecting. Rosè then showed her phone where Google Maps was opened showing the direction to the hotel she was referring to. Fifteen minutes later, they arrived.

For Lisa, as she had been solo travelling before she went to Seoul always makes sure she has extra clothes with her hence the duffle bag she was currently carrying as they made their way to the lobby.

"Reservation for Park Chaeyoung" Rosè told the receptionist.

The guy behind the counter checked the computer and after confirming, gave them the key card and bid them good night. They walked towards the elevator and waited.

"I hope you don't mind sharing a bed tonight. I promise I don't kick" Rosè said absentmindedly as she tried to wake herself enough to at least go up their room.

"I'm cool with that. I don't kick as well, I think" Lisa answered.

The elevator opened and they went up their designated floor. Once they reached their room on the sixth floor, Rosè immediately eyed the bed while Lisa took a look of the surroundings. As soon as the taller one reached the bed, she laid down and was already asleep. So Lisa dropped her bag and pulled the blanket over her. Lisa wasn't that sleepy yet so she took a shower and once she had a change of clothes, she also laid some for Rosè when she wakes up.

As she explored the room, she then opened the door leading to the balcony. Before her lay the ocean and the moon illuminating the boats docked by the shore. It would really be a beautiful sight to watch the sunrise and the sunset.

She then lit a cigarette and just took in the view. After a while, she found herself yawning and as her watch told her it was already three in the morning, she went back inside, brushed her teeth and laid down beside the sleeping girl. She positioned herself not too close but close enough for the other one to have her personal space.

Her body wanted to wrap her arms around her bed mate but stopped herself and just tried to go to sleep.

Hours passed and Lisa woke up but can't seem to be able to move. Still with her eyes closed, she feared this was another episode of some sleep paralysis that she used to experience but when she opened her eyes, she found purplish hair and another set of arms hovering her own body. Despite her limbs going numb, she didn't have the heart to disturb the peace Rosè had as she continued sleeping, so Lisa tried to do the same.

The sunlight peaked through curtains and it was enough to wake Rosè up. The moment she opened her eyes, she was surprised to see that they ended up cuddling which she really didn't mind.

******************************

When Irene and Wendy got to their seats, the hostess handed them the menu and since they already tried some of the dishes from their first visit, they chose different ones.

They found this place when they went on an impromptu road trip last time and they fell in love with the ambiance and the view. It was worth the drive up the hill. Ever since that day, Irene and Wendy would go out and yes they are best friends but they hadn't had the kind of bonding they did the past weeks since Wendy took over her father's company.

Wendy also just started noticing how much a beautiful person Irene is (I don't know why it took her a long time to realize that, like seriously?). During their road trip, they went down memory lane and Wendy felt like she was awakened by something to see that Irene does have feelings for her all this time. They talked about the moment they met, it was when Irene's family moved next door to the Son's household more than a decade ago. Even though Irene was three years older, they clicked right away but Wendy at that time wasn't really focused in finding a romantic relationship and maybe Irene did confess a long time ago but Wendy just forgot. But now that she got to spend a lot of time with this ethereal, goddess like person again, her heart opened up to the possibility of (finally) be in a romantic relationship with her best friend.

"You've been zoning out Wannie. What's on your mind?" Irene asked as she caught Wendy staring at her food.

"Huh?"

"My point exactly. You've been distracted since we greeted those two"

"I am?"

Irene's expression was somewhere between disbelief and amused. For someone as smart as Wendy, she can be dumb at times.

"Yes Seungwan. It's like your mind is somewhere else. Are you not liking the food?"

Wendy cleared . "I do. It's just that -" she wasn't sure if she should open the topic up. "Nothing. I guess I wasn't really hungry?"

"I know you have something you want to say Seungwan. So just say it"

Wendy looked at Irene in the eyes for the first time in a long time and it really dawned on her that she too has feelings for the girl. But was it worth the risk to move to a different kind of relationship with her best friend? What if it doesn't work out the way they wanted it? Would it ruin everything?

But they say that love is worth it with the right person right? So Wendy held Irene's hand.

"I love you Joohyun. I think I have been feeling this for a while now that the thought of losing my best friend if it doesn't work it scares me the most hence me not saying anything about it. I also have been thinking about you being with someone else and it hurt like hell and I don't want that. I want to be selfish with you. I want you to be with me. I want that future you envisioned back when we were young to become a reality. So, Bae Joohyun, will you give us a chance?”

Irene blinked too many times. Checking if what she heard was not just in her imagination. But looking at Wendy with her most sincere face, she knew it was really true. Her best friend just freakin' confessed to her.

“Do you know how long I’ve been waiting to hear you say that Seungwan?” Irene said as her eyes began to water. She usually don’t show a lot of emotions especially her tears but this, this moment right here is something she’d been praying for, for a long time. Irene have been in love with Wendy from the moment they met and that never changed all these years. She had many suitors but no one could ever compare to the one and only Son Seungwan. She actually confessed before but Wendy was intoxicated at that time so it doesn’t really count. And through the years, she just became the best friend to Wendy.

“I know it took a while for me to finally realize it but Hyun, I know we are end game” Wendy added as she stood from her chair and approached Irene. The older still trying to stop her tears. Wendy knelt down on the ground and opened a small box.

“To start a new relationship, you need to get to know the other person, but I’ve known you half my life Hyun. If there is more to learn, we will learn it together.  This is a promise ring I am giving. From this day on, I promise to love only you. Will you be mine?”

Irene finally recovered herself.

“I’ve always been yours Wannie” she answered.

Wendy’s face lit up and they both sealed the night with a kiss after slipping the promise ring on her finger.

After taking some photos together, they posted it in their group chat and informed their families as well that are now officially a couple. As soon as they announced it, their phone almost blew up with the messages coming in.

ddeulgi: oh my gosh! Finally!

yerim_the_great: took you long enough?

jichoo: who asked who?

y_dynamite: let’s take a bet? Closest or most accurate answer gets the prize.

jkim: call. What’s the prize though?

ddeulgi: wait where’s rosie?

baechu: saw her with lisa earlier but they just left

y_dynamite: oh wow. Things get more interesting.

wannie: gaaaaahhhhh!!!! this is the best day of my life… so far

baechu: ttygl. wenrene time.

yerim_the_great: wear protection!

They no longer responded to the additional messages and just closed their phones, paid for the bill and left the restaurant. Wendy drove them back to her condo as soon as they got inside, they stared at each other for a few seconds before they crashed their lips together and for the first time ever, they made love that night.

******************************

After breakfast, Jisoo cleared the table and washed everything while her girlfriend Jennie and her cousin Yeri play in their console. To say that Jennie was spoiled was an understatement. Jisoo just easily gives in to what Jennie wants. Never had she said no to her best girl.

Once she was done, she joined them and after another hour Yeri left. Jisoo was still not able to pop the question and even after a few weeks, the timing was always off. But tonight is the night. They were set to have dinner with their ever supportive parents and that's when she plans to do so.

"Are you ready to go love?" Jisoo asked as she leaned on their bedroom door just watching Jennie.

"Almost. I just can't seem to find my watch" Jennie answered as she check their vanity table.

"It's on the first drawer, middle divider" Jisoo said as she's always the one who fixes their things. She enjoys organizing stuff that one time she even arranged their clothes by color and another one by style. It keeps changing depending on her mood.

Once Jennie found was she was looking for, she walked towards her girlfriend and kissed her lips before entangling their arms and went out the door.

They got in the car and Jisoo started driving towards the restaurant where they will meet up with their parents. Jennie started playing some songs and sang along as they rode along the highway. While Jennie was having fun, Jisoo was rehearsing her speech in her head yet again. Thirty minutes went by and they soon arrived so she parked the car and headed out.

Like the gentlewoman that she is, Jisoo opened the door for her girlfriend and after providing their names, they were ushered to their table where their parents were waiting.

"Good to see you two lovebirds" Jennie's mother greeted as they sat down.

The waiter then gave the menus and after ordering they started catching up. They meet up with their folks about once every three months as both their parents are managing their own companies. And the folks have already talked about merging their companies as well. In line with the marriage of their daughters in the future...they also have been waiting for Jisoo to pop the question. (Jennie's parents already gave their blessing when Jisoo asked them about a year ago)

The food arrived and they began to eat. The dinner was going well, nothing disastrous ever happens anyway when they have this dinner. And it was now time for dessert.

As Jennie was enjoying her milk ice cream, music was played. Coincidentally or not, it was their song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAb_2pdPP-w&list=PLdJWHjIHASVED8IkcCTSwZBza62P9twxv&index=44

I’m already in your arms

It’s the

Random words that you say

Random things that you do

The unexpected look you get, mid-sentenced when I kiss you

Random places that we go

I’ll watch your random Tv shows

Oh, it’s the random things that make me love you

Love you, love you

Oh, it’s the random things that make me love you

“Oh my god! This is our song!” Jennie exclaimed and started singing along. Jisoo returned a smile to her girlfriend and it was her cue, so she held Jennie’s hand.

“We’ve been together for eight years now and I would love to still be together for more years to come. You’ve been with me through thick and thin, through every challenge, through every misunderstanding, through… just about everything. I love you not because you make me a better person but because you’ve always wanted me to be myself. You are my person and there’s no one I’d rather spend the rest of my life with than with you. With every fiber of my being, I love you. So I’m just going to ask it…” Jisoo then knelt down and held out the ring. “Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, will you marry me?”

Jennie, being the crybaby that she is, already had tears on her face. Yes, even though she and Jisoo had been together for a long time, she still did not expect this proposal. All along she thought that they would just go for it and skip this part. She didn’t waste any more time and actually got the ring and placed it in her own finger.

“Yes love. I will marry you” she answered.

Everything was captured on video and everyone in the restaurant were cheered for the newly engaged couple. Their parents could not be more prouder that their daughters are now about to start a new chapter in their lives. They’ve been waiting for this moment and they cannot wait to start planning the wedding as well.

When they got back home that night, they made love like it was their first time - full of excitement, full of energy, full of love.

 

Song Used:
Random Things by Brigetta

 

 

- tell me what you think guys -