Chapter Four

St. Ji-hoon's School of Magic

     It's 8 am on a Saturday morning and I actually woke up before my alarm went off, I may be a little too excited about today. I notice it's a bit cold outside so I pick out warm clothes and set them on the bed. I had promised to bring food for us so I walked over to the kitchen and started to prepare some healthy kimchi fried rice and then placed chocolate chip oatmeal cookies in the oven. Of course, I could use magic to make all of this but I wanted to take the time to do it myself. 

      After the food was ready I took a shower and got dressed. I then started walking to the train station that would take me to the meogeul's world. I honestly haven't been there in such a long time, I wonder what all has changed.

      I arrive at the park and begin looking around for her. I couldn't find her. I take a look around to see not much has changed except the obvious things like newer buildings and infrastructure, the people are the same. I get tired of looking around and sit on the ground, I then carve into my hand a location rune. If it glows that means the person your looking for is near but if it doesn't then the person is not within range.

      For a few seconds there was nothing, but all of a sudden it begins pulsating and glowing ally as if I'm super close to her. "Hey, getting a bit impatient are we?" Nari chuckled behind me. I jump up startled half to death and my heart racing. I place my hand on my chest trying to calm it down.

"H-hey Nari, you surprised me there," I say while rubbing the back of my head in embarrassment.

"Haha sorry about that Byulie, can we eat? I'm starving!" I give her a shy nod and pulled out a blanket then placed it on the ground in front of us. We both sat and stared at each other awkwardly.

"Um Byul, food...." Nari said breaking the awkward atmosphere.

"Right!" I then quickly take out the kimchi and cookies out of my bag as fast as I can. I then hear Nari chuckling at my attempts to not be awkward. That laugh...

We spend most of the afternoon talking and getting to know each other over the food. But suddenly it got serious when I asked a simple question.

"How do you know the meogeul's world so well?" I asked out of curiosity. I thought she would say she just comes here to vacation often. What she said next shocked me.

"My parents are meogeuls." It was dry and monotone like she didn't wish to dig into it further. I respected that as I know those born of meogeul parents are given rather a hard time in our world. I know from experience.

"Me too," I answered in the same tone. She looked shocked and confused at my reply. "I was adopted by the Moon tribes leaders because they couldn't have children," I said while putting the last spoon of kimchi rice into my mouth and chewing.

"I didn't know, I thought the moon tribe didn't accept outsiders" she prodded at me as if wanting to know more.

"They don't, but I was the exception because despite being born to meogeuls, I was born with a natural affinity to Lunar magic, the tribe's foundation" I offered up this last bit of information. I did not want to get into my life before my parents adopted me....that....is too much to talk about on the first date. Sensing I didn't wanna talk about it anymore she dropped the topic.

We spent the rest of the day walking around the park and joking around. At the end of the day just as we were about to part ways Nari tripped and fell.

"AHHHH! Byul dont' touch it! It hurts! " She smacks my hand away from her swollen knee.

" I'm sorry! Can you walk?" I asked concern if she could get back to her dorm on her own.

"I think so, I have healing ointment in my dorm, I think I can manage," she says in an unsure tone attempting to walk, and of course falling again. But this time I catch her and sit her back down on the bench.

"I think it would be better if I carried you, Nari."

"I guess I have no choice." She said sounding defeated. I stoop down in front of her and she climbs onto my back. I carry her all the way, until we reached her dorm, surprisingly she was super light. She waves her hand to open the door and I take her inside.

     Her room gave off a calm feeling with the purple lighting and greek tapestry. Her bed had black sheeting with a small stuffed avocado plushie. Everything was in order, the bed was made, her desk organized and the kitchen was clean.

"If you're done judging my room can you put me down Byul" Nari says, snapping me out of my daydreaming. I put her on her bed I think a little too fast because I heard her wince in pain. I give her a worried look wondering if she's okay.

"I'm fine. Can you get the ointment from my dresser, it's labeled" she pointed towards the dresser. I get the cream and immediately put some on her knee. While applying it I see her stiffen.

"Um Byul, I could've done that myself". I look up and see she's blushing bright red. I smirk at her and finish applying the creme. I stand up and see the wound and swelling immediately begin to disappear.

"Wow this is some good stuff, did you make it?" I asked.

"Yea, I major in potions and healing. I made that this week. I wasn't actually sure if it was gonna work" she says then laughs off the nerves. She slowly stands up. "I guess it works"

"Haha, I'm glad. Anyway, I guess it's time for me to go now. " I say while walking to the door and opening it. I step outside and turn around to say goodbye.

"Thanks for today, it's been a long time since I've had such a nice time. We should do it again" I wave her goodbye and start waking away

"Wait, Byulie" she said and grabs me by the collar of my jacket pulling me into a kiss. It was short but it felt like an eternity. An eternity I wanted to never end. She pulled away slowly. "I-I'm Sorry I-" I cut her off and return the kiss she just gave me, but this time with more passion.

  I think she sensed the lust building up between us in the Krònos hallway because the next thing I knew I was being dragged back into her dorm to possibly stay the night. 
 

Hey there my readers. I hope you're enjoying it so far.

Any ideas or comments?

Make sure to vote :)

👁️👄👁️