Chapter Two

St. Ji-hoon's School of Magic

Today is my 3rd day, I'm getting used to the layout of the school. I haven't seen Nari since our last encounter two days ago. She's probably not in my major, I'll make sure to pay attention to her pendant color next time. Here at St Ji-Hoon, we don't use uniforms to distinguish our houses, given we are adults they can't force us to wear uniforms. Instead, we are each given a pin or pendant that we must wear to distinguish our house and without it, we can't enter the school.

      I take a look at my schedule and realize I have LVL 1 DADA again after lunch, I smile excitedly. I start heading towards this morning's class of Lunar Magic, my specialty. Just so you know I'm taking  4 classes currently.

-Tide and Oceanics on Monday and Friday morning. 
DADA LVL1 on Monday and Thursday after lunch. 
Intro to Lunar Magic on Tuesday and Thursday Mornings. 
Study of Magic in Animals on Tuesday and Friday Afternoon.

   That's pretty much my general schedule. After class, I have a meeting with my house, the House of Fengári (Greek for Moon), which I'm not sure if I want to go through. If your wondering, we\e all get sorted at our entrance interviews where we touch a large scolecite crystal, it reveals your magical aura, and mines happened to be purple. 

They are a total of 6 Houses.

The House of Fengári (Moon)
The House of ílios (Sun)
The House of Krónos (Saturn)
The House of Zéfs (Neptune)
The House of Ploúton (Pluto)
The House of Dímitra (Ceres)

    I enter my class and take a seat next to a cool looking dude, the teacher hasn't arrived yet so I take the time to introduce myself. "Hey, my name is Moonbyul-Yi" I extend my hand and he then shakes my hand and smiles.

"Nice to meet you Moonbyul, my name is Kim Seok-Jin, but you can just call me Jin" my smile drops, did he say, Kim?.

"I know what your thinking, and no I'm not affiliated with the Kim Tribe, my family parted ways with them years before the war broke out." I smile and give him a knowing nod, at least I can be friends with one Kim.

     The teacher walks in and when everybody realizes who it is we all stand and bow. He was Professor Aetós  Sang-Hoon. He quietly looked around and walked to the front of the class. I can't believe a descendant of Aetós Ji-Hoon will be teaching me. The Grand Wizard Aetós Jarmo (Ji-Hoon) not only founded this school but was named a saint here in South Korea (in the Magical Realm) for being the first Benevolent Wizard to come and bring order to magic amongst the natives. Before that, we were blowing each other up due to the lack of knowledge on how to control magic. There was very few back then that could, and all they did was use it to control the others to do their bidding, even meogeuls. Basically utter chaos.

      I had to admit I was slightly excited, but I have to keep my excitement and expectations in check. I scan the classroom to see if I see anyone else I recognize. I freeze when our eyes lock, so she's in this class too. She mouths to me 'meet me after class', I nod back, my cheeks are flushed red. She smirks at me and we both turn our attention towards Professor Sang-Hoon

"Turn to page 394." he says in a dragging and deep voice. Wow, no introduction or hello my name is, how pretentious. We all turned to the page and the title of the chapter was  'Θεοπάλαβος' (Theopálavos). 

It reads 'a guide on how to avoid lunar fever, or more commonly known as Theopálavos. Symptoms include loss of appetite, exaggerated aggression/ short-tempered. Severe symptoms include excessive hair growth and long sharp nails. Uncurable symptoms include full transformation into a werewolf'.

     It seems this class will be boring for me, being apart of the Moon Family and tribe, we are taught from a young age how to avoid Theopálavos, I learned my lesson when I was 15, everyone thought I was just having raging teen hormones until I attacked my cousin scaring his face with my long nails. Jin nudges me on my shoulder with a scared expression then moves his head to our professor. 

 "Moonbyul-Yi, are you done staring at Ms. Chay because I'm sure this class will be of high interest to you. Pay attention." Professor Sang- Hoon calmly says but has an annoyed look on his face. Everyone let out a slight giggle but Nari, on the other hand, hid her face in her hands embarrassed. I stay quiet and completely still, I then look at him giving him a nod of reassurance.  My face burns red hot as he continues the lesson, I didn't even realize I was looking at Nari. I hope she doesn't mention it after class. 

     I try my best to pay attention to the rest of the class as to not have the professor call me out again. Turns out there now more modern ways to avoid lunar fever, my family's ways are so outdated. I'm so looking forward to not drinking my potion once a week. 

     We all perform the spell 'Paidí tis Selínis' which means to become a practitioner of moon magic or child of the moon. Once the spell was performed, I felt extremely light as if I lost 40kg at once. "With that, I bid you farewell, next class we can now begin practicing and studying different spells and incantations now that you are fully protected from Theopálavos," He says with a pleased look and leaves the classroom. Everyone stand and bows as he exits then begin to leave as well. 

    I put on my coat and with a gesture, my things go inside my bag. I walk outside and see Nari talking to someone from class, our eyes meet again. She smiles and tells them goodbye and walks over to me.  "Hey Byulie!" she says with a big smile. 

"Hey Chay Nari." I say calmly while giving her a smirk. 

"Yanno you can just call me Nari right?" the blush start becoming very evident on her cheeks.

"Oh? okay, Nari~" I say in a low and flirty tone.  Her eyes widen at my grease. 

"So what do you need, you said you wanted to see me after class?" I asked curiously. 

"Well, I was wondering if we could go out together this Saturday? If you're free." her confidence is now radiating off of her, I almost feel intimidated. My face must be red as goblins blood, I stay silent. Her asking me out was so unexpected, I'm usually the one to do that.  Nari waves her hand in front of my face, which snaps me back into reality. 

"U-uh Yes! I-I- mean, yeah sure." I feel my face heat up, even more, God why must I embarrass myself in front of this beautiful woman?  She covers and giggles at me. 

"Okay Byulie, I'll send over a raven with the details for our date, I'll be seeing you in class later" She winks at me and walks away. Our date huh? I turn in the opposite direction to meet Wheein and Hwasa for lunch when suddenly a voice echoes through the corridors.

"STUDENTS PLEASE MEET IN TEN MINUTES AT YOUR RESPECTIVE HOUSE LOUNGE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING YOUR HOUSE'S QUIDDITCH TEAM." I think the voice belonged to our headmaster, whom I have yet to run into. Quidditch sounds kinda fun, maybe ill join. I change directions and begin heading towards the Fengári House lounge. 

 

 

 

 

HEY GUYS! I hope this book is becoming more and more fun to read, and I hope you enjoy it. if you have any ideas let me know !! 

I'll be putting pics of Monbyul that fit the outfit for the chapter if I find any. 

In my head, I have ideas for the 4 years meaning 4 books. if this first book becomes loved then I'll do the next 3 :D!