Chapter Three

St. Ji-hoon's School of Magic

 I sigh as I wait in line to get my uniform tailored for the Quidditch team. So let me update you, the meeting with the Fengaris took forever, I wanted a basic role like Beater or chaser, but somehow I ended up with Keeper. 

FLASHBACK

"We need someone to be the keeper, someone with skills and looks to increase the popularity of the team. " The professor asks and a handsome guy stands up in the corner of the room and volunteered. All the slots are taken so I guess I'll just leave. Just as I was about to do so the Professor spoke 

"Sorry Soobin, but everyone has a handsome player like yourself on their team,...Hey you! what's your name" He was pointing at me, 

"Huh? Me? " I was confused, I do have the skill as I was a famous player in High School and played almost all the roles except seeker. 

"Yes! you!"

"My name is Moonbyul-Yi Professor,"  I replied calmly trying not to reveal how shocked I was. 

" Okay, Moonbyul, Do you have any experience playing Keeper?" He asks kind of excited, I give him a nod, and his smile beams even more. 

"You'd be perfect! Would you please be our Keeper?" He almost begged. 

I mean I did want to be apart of the team, but I' am a bit turned off that he's asking merely because I look handsome as a ploy to gain popularity. I seriously hate that kind of attention. 

"I'll join, on one condition" He waits for me to continue "You make Soobin, who volunteered first, to be your Popularity Star." He took a minute to think 

"That might be hard, He will have to take a spot that is already filled... Anybody wanna give up their spot?" Why is this professor so hell-bent on the popularity of the team, the only benefit is the popularity polls that give us 20 extra points, a slight edge but still.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when someone volunteered their spot, a first-year who looked terrified earlier but now relieved to give up the spot.  

END OF FLASHBACK

     I'm still slightly uncomfortable about that professor trying to make me his popularity star but whatever, I just want to play Quidditch. They finish taking my measurements for my uniform, finally. I take a look at the time and see I only have 40 minutes left for lunch, crap, they're gonna hex me. 

     I start speed walking to our spot and see Hyejin taking a nap on her large textbook and Wheein engrossed in a novel. I notice 3 untouched plates of food on the table. "Awe you guys waited for me!" I gushed at them, waking Hyejin up. 

"WELL IT WAS ABOUT DAMN TIME YOU GOT HERE IM STARVING" she yelled at me and proceeded to open her food and begin eating like she hasn't eaten in 5 years. 

"Hi Unnie, you took long in your meeting huh? Did you get a spot in your house team?" Wheein asked as I sit down, and Hyejin looks up from her food to see what I answer. 

"Yea, Keeper," I said coldly not wanting to get into how the professor tried to commercialize me. Sensing I didn't want to talk about it, she dropped it and we all ate in peaceful silence.  

-

NEXT DAY

-

       Today is now Friday which means I have to head to Tides and Oceanics, then after lunch Study of Magic in Animals. I'm excited as today we will finally be summoning our familiar. Then after class my first Quidditch practice.  On my way, I remember tomorrow is my date with Nari, however, I have yet to receive a raven from her. On top of that, she didn't show up to DADA yesterday. I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of worried. Get yourself together Byulie you barely know her. 

    The class went by quicker than expected, we went over how the tides affect our powers (this only applies to Lunar Magic practitioners) which ended up being new information to me, turns out this is based on more recent studies and research. After class, I headed out to have lunch on campus. Lunch will be a bit lonely today because both the kids are out on family matters today. I quickly buy my food and take a seat at the usual spot. 

     I was only halfway through my soup when a gigantic raven landed in front of me, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't startled. Normally, wizards have their own raven to be their carrier, similar to Europe's use of owls, but our ones vary in size depending on the class. For example, my family owns a Conspiracy of 25 Ravens, all more or less 2-3 feet tall.  This one however has to be at least 5 feet tall.  The Raven then hands me a letter addressed to me before waddling away and flying off. I open the letter hastily and start reading it. 

Hello Byulie, sorry I'm only now sending my raven. I had obligations to fulfill. Aswell I was scared of what you might think when you saw my Raven, and I hope you don't think any less of me. 

I'm hoping we can meet in the meogeul world, it's much more calming when there's not magic. 

I was thinking of Seoul, the sup gong-won (Forest Park), and have a picnic lunch there?

I'll be waiting for your confirmation. 

- Chary Nari~

     I smile brightly as I finished reading the letter, I was just thinking about her, It's like the universe listens to me. I quickly take a blank letter out of my bag and begin writing. 

Hello Nari, it's alright. I was patiently waiting for your Raven and I was surprised by its size but I did not think any less of you. In fact, it just makes you more interesting to me and I guess we have a lot to talk about. 

I confirm I will meet you in Seoul at 12 pm, and if you don't mind I will prepare something for us to eat for our picnic. 

I can't wait to see you. 

- Moonbyul-Yi~

   I place my letter into the envelop and address it to Nari. Once satisfied, I summon my personal raven. "Aegeus Eláte se ména (Come to me)"  I say in a whisper. My raven then lands in front of me awaiting his orders. 

"Parádosi (Deliver) Chay Nari Aegeus" He then took the letter from my hands and flew off. 

    I finish my meal and start heading to class with a big smile on my face. Entering I see the Professor is already here and prepping for class. I take my seat next to a familiar face, Jin. "Hey Jin, Did you try doing the meditation? I tried and it was impossible" I greeted him in a cheerful tone. 

 "Hey Byulie! , and AH the same! I couldn't sit still for more than 1 minute, haha" We laughed at each other's incompetence to meditate. The teacher begins by telling us how to properly prepare a summoning for a familiar and demonstrates. We Clapp and start preparing our summoning circle and offerings. 

    Throughout most of it, Jin and I kept making faces at each other because most of the offerings had a bad odor. After almost an hour of working on our circles, we both got the seal of approval from the teacher to go ahead and begin the summoning. I look around and realize we are the first people in the class to get this far.  

     I look up the incantation and realize I'm shaking from the nerves. Calm down Byulie! With no confidence, no creature will appear to you like that.  I take a deep breath, in one hand a spellbook and the other hovering over the summoning circle. Putting as much power and strength in my voice I cast the spell "Eláte o kainoúrgios mou fílos, sýntrofos, prostátis kai ypirétis. Exypiretíste me"  Suddenly a small Akhekh appeared before me, he roared at me before flying up and landing on my shoulders and wrapping its tail around my neck.

Exypiretíste me        

 "ahh, Moonbyul, what an excellent familiar you have summoned, the Akhekh is a creature native to Egypt. It comes from a class of creature that can retain that small size for convenience but as well transform to full size when needed. " the professor praised me and allowed me to leave early, I look back and see Jin pouting as he is still having trouble with the incantation, I flash him an evil grin before leaving with my familiar, which I guess I need to name. 

  The familiar vanishes as I walk to my Quidditch Practice, they dismiss themselves when they see they are not needed.  As I reach the training ground, I see a table with uniforms. I grab mines and flick my wand to change into them. The color is mostly a lavender purple with grey detailing and it says 'MOON' with the number '01', the keeper always gets 01. I head to the field and mount my broom and get into position. 

     The practice was invigorating but also very tiring. I get back to my dorm and take a much-needed shower. I dress into my pajamas and flop down onto my bed, then remember that tomorrow is Saturday before sleep took me.

~ I cant wait to see you, the excitement is eating me alive. I don't know why~

 -

-

-

-

-

-

-

HEY GUYS I MADE THIS CHAPTER A LITTLE LONGER THAN USUAL. I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND. 

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR THINK IN THE COMMENTS AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE.