Ch 4

General's Lady: to the Other Side of The Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, to Shen Jin’s surprise, her husband took her outside the mansion, strolling over the market. She linked her arm on her husband’s, walking slowly, admiring the capital.

“I thought you will keep me inside the mansion until I gave birth,” she teased.

The general smiled. “The doctor said you and the baby are fine. I’m so happy. Let’s say this is my way to celebrate it. Also, I know you’re bored in the mansion.”

“My dear…thank you,” Shen Jin smiled, tightened her hold on her husband’s. “You are so kind to me.”

“I’m glad you’re happy.”

Shen Jin sighed. “Although we already walked in the market before, but now, it feels different.”

“In a good way or bad way?”

“A good way, of course,” the lady answered. “This time, I feel no burden at all and we’re just like ordinary husband and wife who have a date.”

Xiuming chuckled and squeezed his wife’s hand lightly. “I feel the same way too. I won’t keep any secrets anymore from you.”

Shen Jin nodded and sighed. “I wonder what others are doing. I haven’t met them since the day you rescued me. Xiao Su, Xiuyuan, Rounan…” and then, she narrowed her eyes at her husband, “and how could you keep Rou Rou in the mansion? She’s already married. She supposed to be with Susu.”

The general looked at his wife incredulously. “She did? When?”

The lady sighed playfully. “Of course, you didn’t know. You were too busy with your plan and you didn’t even tell me.”

Xiuming chuckled. “Alright, it’s my fault. I promise I won’t do it again. Speaking about them, we will meet them in the store today.”

Shen Jin gasped. “What did you say?”

The general smiled. “I told them to gather in the store and wait for us today. They also want to meet you.”

The lady’s eyes sparkled, causing Xiuming’s heart to beat faster. She suddenly hugged her husband, forgetting they were in the middle of the street. “My dear, thank you.”

Xiuming laughed lightly, hugging his wife in return, also didn’t care with the stares from the people. It was Shen Jin who finally realized where they were. She quickly leaned away and cleared , and then smiling brightly while nudging the general’s hand.

“Let’s go, then.”

The general couldn’t help, but feeling happy to see his wife’s carefree attitude.

When they arrived in the store, it was closed, but Xiuming opened the front door, and Shen Jin could see her family and friends. Rounan was the first who rose from her sitting position and approached Shen Jin, holding her hands.

“Jin’er, how have you been? I’m so worried about you. It’s good to know you’re fine.”

The lady smiled. “I’m fine. Don’t worry. Rounan, I’m so glad we can meet again.” And she glanced to see Rou Rou, Xiao Su, and also Xiuyuan. They also greeted her.

“General.”

“Brother.”

“Lord Jin.”

“Sister in law.”

Shen Jin smiled happily. “I’m so glad you all are fine.”

The general casted a smile. “Come, let’s talk freely. Rounan closed the store today, so we can have our time.”

The lady nodded and along with her husband and Rounan, they sat surrounding the table.

“Sister in law, it’s good to know you’re doing fine,” Xiuyuan said.

“Me too, Lord Jin,” this time it was Xiao Su. Ever since the general stated no one was allowed to visit his mansion in order to recover Lord Jin’s health, he, too, has been worried.

“Thank you, I’m doing fine.” Shen Jin glanced at her husband. “With my husband here, you shouldn’t be worried.”

They all chuckled and Xiuming raised his cup to Xiao Su and Rou Rou. “Allow me to propose a toast for Xiao Su and Rou Rou. Congratulations on your marriage. May you live happily and stay together forever. Forgive me for being so late.”

Xiao Su and Rou Rou blinked at each other, also raising their cup. “General, thank you, we don’t deserve it.”

The general nodded and drank from his cup, followed by Xiao Su and Rou Rou.

“Xiao Su, when you have time, come to the mansion. I will prepare wedding gifts for you and Rou Rou,” the general said, causing everyone in the room stared at him in surprise.

“My dear?”

Xiuming smiled slightly, holding his wife’s hand tenderly, looking again at the couple. “You both have been a good friend to Jin’er and looked after her before I met her. I can’t just ignore it.”

Xiao Su and Rou Rou stared at each other again and gave Xiuming their respect. “Thank you, General.”

Shen Jin grinned and looked at another couple on their table. “So, I guess only Xiuyuan and Rounan are left here.”

Rounan blushed while Xiuyuan nervously sipped from his cup.

“Don’t worry. I’ll give both of you wedding gifts too,” Xiuming teased.

“Brother!”

They all laughed and the general looked at Xiao Su. “Any news from the court?”

“Ah…yes…” the latter answered and then, glanced at Shen Jin.

“You may answer it,” Xiuming said. “I hide nothing from Jin’e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter