Ch 1

General's Lady: to the Other Side of The Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The door of the secret chamber opened while they still staring at each other. Later, shoutings were heard from outside.

“General.”

“Lord Jin.”

Xiuming looked at his wife, still holding his hand and smiling. “I told you, I won’t lie to you. I will get you out of here.”

Shen Jin only smiled in return.

The general recognized Xiao Su’s voice and looked up. “Xiao Su, bring ropes and pull us out.”

Xiao Su aligned his upper body and his eyes widened when he saw the general and his wife was half buried in the sand.  He then shouted, “Ropes. Bring us ropes.”

Fortunately, some soldiers came to Situ’s mansion and already prepared for everything. Xiao Su threw two bundles of rope and the general tied the ropes to his wife’s body and his own.

“Pull!” he shouted and slowly Shen Jin’s body lifted from the sand until finally Xiao Su could reach her hand. Xiuming felt relieved and began to free himself with the help of Xiao Su and other soldiers. He quickly untied himself and approached his wife who lay weakly next to him.

His heart clenched.

If only he was late for a few more hours, he would never see his wife again and Xiauyuan’s advice rang in his mind.

In this world, you would never see the lady’s face, and hear her voice again. You would be lonely and helpless. How miserable it is!

But no, his dear wife was next to him and still alive.

“Jin’er.” He carefully took his wife to his arms, caressing her face. He almost lost his mind when she went missing and had hard time to find her. If only he didn’t remember what his wife said to him about the secret chamber….

Shen Jin held her husband’s arms. “My dear, are you alright?”

“Don’t think about me. You’re more important. “

The lady smiled with misty eyes. “That’s good. That’s good.” Finally, the suspense and adrenaline got the better of her. Without warning, she loose her grip and fall to her husband’s arms with her eyes closed.

Xiuming’s heart almost stopped.

“Jin’er…Jin’er…”

“Lord Jin.”

The general put his hand on Jin’s pulse, could feel it weak. He turned to the Commander of Imperial Army. “Xiao Su, forgive me, but I need more help.”

“Just say it, General.”

“Fetch Imperial Doctor to my mansion. Go to the palace and report to His Majesty to release Duke Rui’s family and also told His Majesty I found my wife. I will report to him personally when everything is settled.”

“Yes.”

“And you can inform to the others Jin’er is fine, but I think it’s best she doesn’t see a lot of people for a moment. We need to recover her health first.”

“Yes, General.” Xiao Su said and left the mansion.

With the help of other soldiers, Xiuming carried his wife to a carriage and rushed to his mansion. When he arrived, Rou Rou already waited on the front gate. Seeing the general carrying her lady on his arms alerted her.

“My Lady.”

“She’s fine.”

The general didn’t say much only went to his bedroom and lay Shen Jin on the bed, with Rou Rou toying behind. Her clothes were full with sand and he turned to see his wife’s maid already crying.

“My Lady, what happened to you? It’s my fault. It’s my fault.”

Xiauming sighed. “You can save your crying for later. Help me change her clothes.”

Rou Rou wiped her tears and nodded hurriedly. “General, forgive me. You’re not angry at me, are you? Please, don’t kill me.”

The general didn’t know if he should laugh or cry. He turned to the maid. “I don’t have a plan to kill you, not yet, and I owe Xiao Su so much. You can say it even.”

“Oh…yes.”

Both of them changed Shen Jin’s clothes and when the Imperial Doctor and Xiao Su arrived, the lady already lay peacefully on bed. The doctor checked Shen Jin’s pulse and nodded several times.

“How’s the lady, Doctor?” Xiauming asked.

“She will be fine. She only tired. When she wakes up, prepare a light meal for her. She must have bed rest for a week. Recovering her body and ensure the safety of the baby. I will come here again in three days.”

“Thank you, Doctor.”

“I’ll accompany you to the front gate, Doctor,” Rou Rou said, leaving the General and Xiao Su, with the Imperial Doctor in front of her.

Xiauming approached the bed and slowly took Shen Jin’s hand, placing it on his cheek. His other hand caressed his wife’s forehead.

He couldn’t believe he almost lost her.

“General,” Xiao Su hated to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter