Ch 2

General's Lady: to the Other Side of The Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Also that night, all the family members in Duke Rui’s mansion were gather in a room. The Duke sat next to rani while Shen Jin’s mother and Mistress Xu were in front of them, Shen Zi and Shen Jing were also present, cowering behind their mother.

The Duke took a deep breath. “Zi’er, step forward.”

Shen Jin’s sister glanced at Shen Jing and to her mother, before stepping forward.

“Can you tell us the reason why you told His Majesty about Jin’er isn’t my second daughter?”

Shen Zi suddenly dropped on her knees. “Father, please forgive me.”

“I was asking you why you told His Majesty about Jin’er. I wasn’t said I will forgive you.”

Hearing the Duke, Mistress Xu also dropped on her knees, following by Shen Jing. “Please, forgive Zi’er, My Lord.”

“Silence!” The Duke shouted. “The three of you who pushed Jin’er for this marriage just because General Demon was the husband to be. And now, you also pushed Jin’er to commit crimes she didn’t do, causing this family to be prisoned…and then, Jin’er is hurt. If it wasn’t because Jin’er and Earl of Yongning, we all already executed!”

“Father….” The sisters were crying because this was the first time they saw their father were so angry.

“Both of you didn’t want to get married, and Jin’er sacrificed herself for this family. She’s having a happy life and now, you want to hurt her? Don’t you forget the general is her husband? If he didn’t see us as Jin’er’s family, we won’t be here in this room.”

“I heard the one who kept Jin’er as his captive and his followers along with their families were sentenced to death and it was Earl of Yongning’s idea,” rani interjected. She looked at the mistress and the daughters who still kneeling on the ground. “I also heard Shen Zi, Shen Jing, and Mistress Xu also being forbid to come to General’s mansion. Do you think what else he can do? Do you think he is nobody?”

Rani exhaled. “Earl of Yongning said we couldn’t see Jin’er for the time being. He didn’t say why.” She stared deeply at the three women in front of her. “Let’s just hope he doesn’t angry enough to sentence the three of you to death.”

Mistress Chen, Shen Jin’s mother, only stared at the three women, didn’t say anything.

Rounan paced restlessly.

Ever since she asked Rou Rou to return to the city and Xiuyuan hasn’t comeback since noon, she didn’t feel at ease. She worried about Jin’er, about what could have happened to her. And also, her friend was pregnant…that added to her worry list.

“Rounan.”

She turned around and saw Xiuyuan approached her, feeling relieved to finally could have news about Jin’er.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter