Chapter 1/1

Broken Story

    You put a sweater on before exiting your bedroom.  You pick your purse up and put your phone in it after casually texting your friend that you're ready to go out shopping with her.  She's holding a big Christmas party next week, and she asked you to help her buy supplies for the day.

Of course you agreed.  She's your best friend and you love shopping.  Time passed by quickly as you made it to the store.  She was waiting right outside the entrance with a big smile.

"Y/n!  I'm so excited~"  She said.

"I know~  I've been looking forward to this literally all week."  You said, holding your hands up before going in to get a cart.  "I'm so glad we have school off this week.  I'm preparing my heart for an exciting party!"  You said giddily.

You two get farther in until you remember you wanted something.  "Hey, I'm gonna go get a few things.  I'll meet you in the decoration aisle."  You said with a smile.


Your friend nodded and went off to get a few things.  You went down the makeup aisle.  You pick up the eyebrow wax and put it in your cart before turning to the next aisle.  There you make eye contact with a boy in a mask.  He's clearly taller and stronger than you, but his eyes are soft.

His hair comes down to his mask but doesn't go any farther.  You nervously look at the shelves and realize you need nothing down this aisle.  You make your way out of the aisle and go down a different one.

You were trying to find the clock section as the clock in your room stopped working.  You rather not have your phone on all night, otherwise you wouldn't get a new clock.  However, you stopped when the boy came by once more.  This time he wasn't accompanied by anyone, but it seemed like he was looking around for something too.

You two make brief eye contact as you didn't want it to be too weird.  You then notice that the clocks are down an aisle you passed by earlier.


"Hey,"  Your friend caught up with you, "nice pick, but the that one is a bit bright."  She winked.

"I saw it online, it's cheap, but the reviews say it is bright."  You hold your chin.  "But I can't risk not waking up for school.  Grant it, I need a break, but I don't need to be suspended."  You chuckled.

She chuckled and motioned to follow her.  You two went down the decoration aisles.  Picking up tensils, cups, snowmen, and all the sorts.  You took a pack of balloons and smirked.  "I like balloons, let's put those around."

Your friend snapped her fingers.  "Mistletoe too!"  She said, running up to the mistletoes.  "Help me get some!"  She told.

You reach higher as you're a few inches taller than her.  You pick a few out and notice you two are under the mistletoes together.  "Ayy!"  Your friend pushes you away. 

You chuckle before seeing the boy in the distance.  You two make eye contact once more before he turns a different way.  You cough a little and put the decorations in the cart.  "Food's next, right?"  You say.

"Yuhp!  Oh, I want to make some cakes.  Let's go get some baking supplies."  She said, flying past you.


You chuckled and rolled the cart behind her.  She picked out creams while you picked out chocolates.  Your mind filled with sweets as your friend went on about the process of making frosting and the cream filling for some of the cakes she wants to make.

Before you know it, you're at the check out.  You're also checking out some pre-packed cookies.  "Go ahead, Y/n.  You're doing well on your diet."  She patted your shoulder.

You look at your arms before feeling your stomach.  I guess one wouldn't kill me.  You picked up the pack and put it with everything else.


You two then arrive at her house where you start the journey of setting up for the Christmas party.


***


"Look!  Everyone's here."  Your friend holds your hands.  "It's so awesome!  I'm gonna go snuggle up to my hamster."  She pointed across the way at a boy you know to be Soonyoung.


Before she leaves, a boy captures your eye.  You recognize the eyes and hair, but you're trying to remember from where.  You pull at your friend's sleeve.  "Who's that?"  You asked.

Your friend looked around.  "Oh, that's my cousin."  She said.  "Seungcheol.  He's about our age."  She said. 

You hummed and looked at him once more.  "Your age and recently single.  I allow you to flirt if you want to."  She winked before abandoning you.


You blush and shake your head while getting a cup of water.  You look at him once more, and that's when he looks back at you.  You slowly approach him and bow a bit.

"Hi.."  You said.

"Hi,"  The boy smiled, "I saw you in the store the other day."  He pointed at you.

His gummy smile reminded you of a puppy.  You blushed again and looked down.  "The boy in the mask?"  You asked.


"That's me,"  His voice was deep but inviting, "what's your name?"  He asked.

"Y/n,"  You looked up at him with a smile, "your eyes are really cute."  You said.


Seuncheol blushed and looked to the side.  "You're too pretty for a guy like me.."  He said.

You wave your hand and notice his tired eyes.  "Are you okay?  You look like you've been crying."  You comment and put a hand on his strong shoulder.

Seungcheol put down his drink and shrugged.  "Not many people don't cry after a breakup.."  He said.  "But I shouldn't cry that much, she'd make fun of me for cying over her.." 

You furrow your eyebrows and move his bangs the best you can with your reach.  "There's no shame in crying.  You loved her, didn't you?"  You say. 

He nodded.  "Then it's only natural..  Don't feel too badly about it."  You smile.


Seungcheol smiled a bit.  "Thanks.."  He scratched his neck.  "Not the best topic for the first time we met, huh?  Talking about exes.."  He said awkwardly.

You wave him off once more.  "What matters now is that you're happy."  You winked. 

"Are you happy?"  Seungcheol asked.

"I wouldn't mind a hug.."  You looked to the side. 

You felt the taller's arms make their way around your body.  His chest in your face makes you're cheeks finally warm up from the winter night.  You put your arms around him too, hugging him like a little girl hugs a big bear plushie. 

"Would you like to have dinner with me on Christmas?"  He asked.

You widened your eyes and looked up at him, still being in a partial hug.  "Seriously?  Your folks wouldn't mind?"  You asked.

Seungcheol shrugged.  "Your friends with my cousin, so I don't think it'll be much of an issue."  He said with a smile.

His eyes are sparkling and his teeth have made their way out of his lips in his smile.  "Then sure, my parents are inviting some of their family over anyway.  They always ask the same questions like they haven't seen you since you were a little kid."  You slightly rant.

"True.. Oh, I saw you two under the mistletoe that day."  He commented.  "You didn't kiss."  He teased.

You rolled your eyes and poked him.  "Hush,"  You said in a fake angry tone, "just.. hug.."  You put your face in his chest again.

He hummed and closed his eyes.  You didn't know he was silently wiping his tears or see his trembling lips as he hugs back.  You didn't know how his heart was broken or how you would fix it.  You didn't even know that with just the simple hug, his world is turning back into a world of sunshine.


You didn't know that this was going to be a the opening to a new chapter in your life. 


 

 



<3