it’s full of you, always

you mean so much to me

part two: it's full of you, always

 

At night when they lie in Yuju’s bed in each other’s arms, not the dim light that dances with the swaying curtains nor the silence of the hour induces any slumber in them. ShinB knows, and believes with all her heart, that this is just where she wants to and should be.

“I still don’t know if it was a good idea that we’re staying in separate dorms,” she wearily speaks.

“We thought that in this way there would be more reasons for me to go over and for you to come over.”

“I thought that. And you knew that so you thought that too.”

A pause. “Yes.”

“I could be here every day,” ShinB’s statement sounds more like a fervent plea.

“You’d lose your room after a while,” Yuju says before releasing a soft chuckle.

“Right. If we were in the same dorm, Sowon unnie would declare my room state land within the first week.”

The sarcastic comment takes Yuju aback for a short moment, after which they share a short chuckle. 

“And you have Angkko there,” Yuju adds.

ShinB wrinkles her nose. “She’s troublesome. You can have her.”

“It’s alright, I already have you.”

The wit in Yuju’s reply leaves ShinB speechless. “I don’t know if you’re being sweet or calling me troublesome—”

Yuju cuts her off with a quick peck on her lips. “Anyway, for good or for bad, you’re mine. Now let’s go to sleep.”

“For good or for bad?” ShinB protests regardless of the heat that rises in her ears, her voice now a little louder, earning a shush from the older girl beside her.

“Fine, I’ll let the matter rest since it’s late and we’re tired. Sleep then, no nightmares for you tonight because I’m here.”

Yuju wonders if it’s their long separation that results in the never-ending comments tonight. “So full of yourself?” 

ShinB clicks her tongue. “If there’s still space in your head for fear and all things scary, then you’re not thinking enough of me.”

Yuju laughs, tickled by ShinB’s adorable antics. She presses her lips on ShinB’s forehead, which sends the latter’s heart fluttering, before saying, “It’s full of you. Always.”

“Mine too,” ShinB’s voice is earnest.