Mad Dog

Boys Over Flowers ↬ NCT 127 (Chapters 1-4 Only)

      After Daisy's altercation with Taeyong, she was exhausted. She had said her goodbyes to Hera and took the local bus home from school since Johnny was nowhere to be found. She had finally made it home to where her Sunah was waiting to hear about her daughter's first day at her new school. Daisy throws herself onto the living room sofa.

      "Bad day at school?" Sunah asks.

      "You have no idea."

      "Well...do you want to talk about it?"

      Daisy desperately wanted to tell Sunah about her day, but she always felt guilty. She knew that if she told her Mom what was really going on, she'd be ready to pack her bags and move back to Texas. Sunah was excited to be back home and Daisy didn't want to ruin that for her.

      Daisy puts on a fake smile. "I don't want to ruin your day with my problems, Mom. I think I'm just going to go relax in my room for now." She exits the large scale living room and goes up the second floor foyer. Her bedroom was just past the game room and next to her Sunah's.

      Her master bedroom was fully furnished and Daisy was surprised at how much she loved it. Kicking off her shoes, Daisy sits on her king size bed and takes out her phone. Just then, her phone rings and requests a FaceTime chat. She smiles from ear to ear.

      "Sungchan! I was wondering when you'd call." She says happily.

      "Yeah sorry I didn't call sooner. My Dad had me working at the market today."

      Sungchan's family came from 'new money'. His Dad had bought multiple grocery stores across Texas and was amongst Texas' richest businessmen. He hoped that Sungchan would take over the family when he got older.

      "How was school?" Sungchan asks and Daisy's smile fades. "Was it that bad?"

      "I love the school. It really supports my Art's degree. But some of the students are...unbearable."

      Sungchan smiles slyly. "Who is it this time?" He asks.

      "They call themselves NCT 127 like there some sort of celebrities or something. The girls at school faun over them and the boys wish they could be them. And don't get me started on their so called 'leader'. He's annoying and mean and his hair looks like a cockatoo!" Daisy huffs out. Sungchan had his hand resting under his chin and was watching with amusement.

      "Are you done yet?" He asks.

      "No." Daisy says softly. "All I wanted was to attend this school quietly and go unnoticed. I'd get my Art degree and come back home."

      "You're not the Jandi I know."

      "What?" asks Daisy.

      Sungchan laughs. "What happened to the girl that boycotted the school when they invited a misogynistic speaker for our senior orientation? Or the girl that set up an anti-bullying protest in the eighth grade?"

      "Yeah, I did do that."

      "You're the bravest person that I know, Daisy. So you're going to go to that school and show them that you're not the one to mess with."

      Daisy sighs. "I really miss you."

      "I miss you too."

      Meanwhile at the Limitless Club, NCT 127 still remained in their hangout spot. Taeyong concentrated on throwing darts while the remaining members were goofing off. He continued to play the days events in his head and internally screamed. How can this girl be related to Johnny at all? She was a thorn in his side that he needed to pluck out.

      Not too long after his dangerous argument with Daisy, a secret recording of the pair was posted on the school's Facebook page anonymously. About half of the school's population was rooting for the new underdog Kim Jandi while the latter sided with Taeyong.

      "What's wrong with Taeyong?" Taeil asks.

      "I think it must've been too much of a shock for him today." Mark laughs.

      Johnny, clearly confused speaks. "What happened?" He asks.

      "It's better if we show you." Jungwoo says while pulling out his cellphone. Yuta walks up to Taeyong who was still very determined to hit the bullseye on his dart game.

      "What are you doing?" He asks Taeyong while playfully pinching his cheeks. "With that face?"

      Taeyong smacks Yuta's hand away. "Don't touch me. Can't you hear the wheels turning in my head? That tenacious weed...I'm thinking of a way to really step on her." He sneers.

      "Why are you thinking so hard? Just do like you always do." Yuta says and Taeyong smiles evily and pats Yuta on the back.

      "Rascal, you're so smart."


 

      The following day,  Daisy knew that something was in the air. Before getting to school she was ready for her and Johnny to go together. As she left the house, Taeyong was in the driver's seat smiling maniacally before speeding off. Now that she was at school, it was like even more eyes were on her than normal. She kept her head down but the whispers just got louder and louder. She sprinted past and arrived in the senior hallway.

      Just up ahead of Daisy was Irene who was talking with someone else down the hall. Daisy lifted a hand up to wave at her but Irene sadly walks away.

      'What the hell was going on?' Daisy thinks to herself.

      As she opened her locker the was an audible gasp from the onlookers. Taped to the top shelf of her locker was a red card with gold lettering decorated with a red skull.

      "It's come out again!" Someone exclaims behind her. Daisy pulls the card out and examines it closely.

      "Sophomore Kim Jandi got chosen by the red card."

      Daisy begins to angrily tear the card to shreds. "What red card." She says out of breath and continues onto her Korean Literature class.

      There were some students there that had shown up early, two including Haechan and Mark but the teacher was nowhere to be found. They whisper amongst themselves as Daisy walks to her seat. In the row behind her, two female classmates give her the evil eye.

      "Hello, crazy." One of them says. Her Korean name was Park Sooyoung but she went by Joy. The other girl next to her was Yeri. "Looks like your books aren't here."

      Sure enough, the literature books she had left the previous day were missing. The class was studying Korean classic novel East Goes West amongst others.

      "How could a common person like you study with us? Why did you come to our school?" Yeri asks, arms crossed.

      "My book. Where is my book?" Daisy asks.

      Joy smiles. "You should try the school fountain." Without another word, Daisy sprints out the classroom and to the main entrance.

      Many students were gathered around and one can be seen tossing Daisy's book into the fountain just as she appears. She pushes her way through the crowd and begins fishing for her books. They were all faced down and floating in the water. Just as Daisy reaches, she is unexpectedly pushed into the fountain.

      Standing up in the fountain, Daisy looks up to meet three familiar faces. Saeron, Sohyun and Yoojung all begin laughing. Amongst the crowd, Daisy could see Hera but all she did was watch.

      "How pathetic! You don't belong here." Saeron exclaims. "You come in here like you own the place."

      "You have no right to speak to NCT 127 like you did the other day." Yoojung sneers. Feet can be heard running in Daisy's direction as Johnny, Mark, and Haechan soon appear.

      "You people are terrible human beings!" Daisy accuses the crowd. "You pick on people until they want to die or kill themselves. Do you really not feel any remorse?"

      "Daisy, let us help you out..." Johnny starts.

      "You!" Daisy whips her head around to face her cousin. "You...are dead to me." The physical heaviness of her drenched clothes could not compare to the emotional weight she carried on her shoulders. It's been years and she was still the target of bullying. Years of hurt suddenly started to bubble up inside. But she wasn't sad: she was pissed.

      Daisy helped herself out of the fountain with her books in hand. The student body whispered and said things under her breath as she passed by. She stopped in front of them.

      "If you have anything to say, come out. Let's be civil." No one stepped forward and Daisy scoffs. "You all talk big game, but are just cowards." Turning back to the main entrance, Taeyong and the rest of NCT 127 stand. Daisy confidently marches over to them.

      "Heads up, she looks angry." Doyoung whispers.

      "Lee Taeyong!" Daisy yells.

      Taeyong smiles while crossing his arms. "You should be nicer to your sunbaes." He says.

      "I'm nice to good people." Daisy steps closer, challenging Taeyong. The student body stood by watching. "You don't deserve it."

      "Say that again."

      "Or what?" Daisy laughs. "They say only the elite can go to SM University. They're polite and have good manners. But when I see you, I feel ashamed for you."

       "Hey—" Taeyong starts.

      "You're a parasite to society." Daisy's words were filled with venom. Feeling proud of herself, dripping clothes and all, Daisy walks back inside the school. Jaehyun can be seen wearing a small smile.

      By the end of the day, the whole college had heard about the fateful encounter of Taeyong and Daisy. When she had went back to her locker, Daisy discovered a fresh set of college merchandise clothing neatly folded with a note sitting on top.

I'm sorry I was a coward. Kim Jandi fighting!

<3 Hera

      Daisy doesn't blame Hera for not standing by her side in her time of need. She understood and knew that if Hera did, her only friend at SM University would also become the target of bullying. Daisy was tough and she wasn't going to let a jerk ruin her school year.

      Some time later, Daisy was dressed head to toe in sportswear. She was wearing so many clothes with the school's logo on it that she felt like she should get a royalty on it.

      Her school day had ended and Daisy was ending another school day on a bad note. She only had one more day until it was the weekend. Daisy now steps out the women's bathroom on the first floor, but someone was already waiting for her. To be clear, three people.

      "Did you honestly think we were done with you?" Saeron asks. "Like I said, no one speaks to NCT that way."

      "She's here!" Yoojung yells and smiles sinisterly.

      Out of nowhere, a large sum of people appear standing at every angle. They each had something in their hands and somehow, Daisy know what was going down. On instinct, Daisy bent her knees and protected her hair as her fellow students began pelting raw eggs at her body.

      "Get her!"

      Once the modern age stoning had stopped, the students all began laughing at her. Daisy wipes the yolk from her eyes and hair, feeling the tears welling up in her eyes. All Daisy could think was how could they be so mean. Back home, at least they had the decency to talk about Daisy behind her back, but here they said it to your face.

      Kim Saeron nudges Sohyun with her elbow. "Now for the cherry on top." She says but Sohyun looks skeptical.

      "Isn't this a bit too much? We've already embarrassed her enough I think she gets it."

      "Do it or I'll tell everyone you stand with her." says Saeron. Clutching the bag of flour, Sohyun steadily walks up to Daisy. Once in front of her, she opened the flour bag and threw it in Daisy's direction.

      "Hey, hey. Someone bring some oil." Another student says. Daisy begins to cry, but she held her head low so no one could see. She didn't want to give them the satisfaction. "All we have to do now is fry her."

      Back in NCT's lounge, Taeyong watches the moment unfold on a live stream one of the students broadcasted. He practically bounces on the sofa as he laughed.

      "Do it more!" Taeyong exclaims.

      Johnny strides over and snatches the phone from Taeyong's grasp. "Isn't it all over now?" He asks sternly.

      "What do you mean over?" Taeyong asks. "That girl needs to come to me and kneel down. Then it's over."

      "It looks like she won't even last a week." says Jungwoo.

      "A week? I say three days." Yuta challenges.

      "Okay, then we'll put a wager on it." Jungwoo says. "If she's brave as Johnny says she is and sticks out for a week, you give me Seulgi's number."

      Yuta smiles. "Alright, I accept your offer. But if she cracks in less than that time, you give me your diamond encrusted watch."

      "Deal."

      "Shut up you two." Taeil says.

      There's a loud bang outside the hangout and all the boys turn their attention to the door. "It's about time she got here." Taeyong says, rubbing his hands together. "Now...Five, four, three, two, one. Tada!" He says but no one appears. NCT snicker amongst themselves and Taeyong clears his throat. "Right. It'd be embarrassing to come out looking like that in front of me. I was a little too quick. Again. Five...Four...Three...Two...One."

      "Maybe she got lost...?" Doyoung starts.

      "Where did that girl go?" Taeyong asks angrily.

      On SM University's roof top, Daisy stands with tears streaming down her powdered face. She tried hard to get as much flour and egg of off her clothes. As she ran her fingers through her caked hair, she continued to rant. "Since my name is Jan Di, you think it's okay to step all over me like that? You messed with the wrong person. Throwing eggs on me is wasteful. How many egg crates is this? How much is it for just one crate?" She turns around a bumps right into Jaehyun.

      "You're really noisy every time I see you." Jaehyun says lamely, the takes a long look at Daisy's disastrous attire.  "You, do you know how to make pancakes?"

      Daisy tucks hair behind her ears. "Huh?" She asks as Jaehyun pulls out a handkerchief from his pocket and begins to gently wipe away the flour and egg. Daisy became flustered.

      "Pancakes. Can you make them?" He asks.

      "You make a batter out of flour, eggs, milk and sugar, and you fry them evenly on both sides." Daisy says softly.

      "Like Bin Dae Dduk." Jaehyun smiles genuinely as he gazes off and Daisy watches him closely. "That's pretty simple."

      Jaehyun finishes wiping off most of the flour and egg and wipes his hands on his own pants. He hands her his handkerchief and starts to walk away, but Daisy stops him.

     "Your handkerchief." Daisy sticks her hand out.

      "I don't need it."

      "I'll return it to you next time."

      Jaehyun shakes his head. "I'm not coming here anymore. It's not as quiet anymore, thanks to a certain someone." He says.