Once Again 여름 방학

Boys Over Flowers ↬ NCT 127 (Chapters 1-4 Only)

      Finally, D-Day had arrived. Daisy was getting ready to attend SM University college in Cheongdam-dong. She wore an oversized sweater paired with blue jeans and brown ankle-boots. Her backpack was filled with all of Johnny's source material in learning Korean and her hair was up in her signature half up half down style. There's a knock at the door.

      "Come in."Jiwoo steps into Daisy's new room. "Johnny and Mark have already left for school so you'll be getting a ride from your Mom." She says.

      "Okay. Thank you, Auntie." Jiwoo smiles before leaving.

      Daisy's brow began to crinkle. Last night, Daisy and Johnny agreed that they would go to the college together. So where was he? Shrugging the uneasy feeling off, Daisy adjusts the backpack over her shoulder and leaves her room. Hansoo was waiting by the door.

      "Come on, come on." She claps her hands together. "You don't want to me late for your first day at your new school, do you?"

      "Of course not, Mom." The mother and daughter duo get into the car parked in the driveway. "Whose car is this?"

      "Your Auntie is lending me one of her other cars until I can get one of my own. She has another car in the garage if you want to use it."

      Daisy shakes her head. "She's already gotten me new clothes, a new room...I don't need a car from her too." She says.

      "God, I'm glad you're such a good child."

      SM University was one of the most sought-after colleges to attend in Seoul. Most of the students there come from rich families so the acceptance rate was lower than most schools. As soon as she stepped out of the car, Daisy noticed first hand how underdressed she was. She was familiar with the designer logos on each student and she looked down at her attire.

      'I don't need those fancy clothes', she thought to herself.

      "Please try to make some new friends, Daisy. It'll put me at ease." She says, loud enough for the other students at ease. Some of them laughed and whispered amongst themselves.

      "Mom, stop!" Daisy harshly whispers. She runs up the stairs and into the main entrance.

      SM University building was composed mostly of glass and white marble and above Daisy's head was a crystal chandelier. There were elevators to the far right and even a large lounge area where some students sat finishing their homework. It seemed like all eyes were on Daisy as soon as she stepped into the foyer.

      "You must be Kim Jandi." Daisy jumped at the sound of the perky voice but immediately bowed. A young female smiled down at Daisy and visibly checked her out. "Of course you are."

      "Excuse me?"

      "Please, I didn't mean to offend you. Your name is written on your books."

      Daisy sighs. "I'm sorry, I'm just a little jumpy today." She says.

      "I understand the first day jitters. I'm Irene by the way, Senior Class President. I'll be showing you around the campus."

      "That's a relief. I've got a map but it's no help whatsoever." Daisy laughs nervously. Irene links her arm through Daisy's.

      "Think of me as your...big sister on campus."

      As Irene showed Daisy around, she really got the feel of how big the college was. The cafeteria was twice as big as the one at her old high school and there was even a pool, an art classroom, dance room, and many more. The girls have finally came down the hallway filled with lockers.

      "This is where you'll keep all your belongings. We had to arrange a locker in the senior hallway since the sophomore lockers weren't available."

      All of a sudden, sharp shrieks echoed throughout the halls and the floors begin to shake. Daisy turns her head to see a hoard of girls running down the halls. They seemed to be surrounding a small group.

      "What's going on?" Daisy's asks and there was glimmer of something in Irene's eyes.

      "It's NCT 127."

      Just like that, it was like the Red Sea had parted. Nine handsome men strutted down the hallways, two of them looking very familiar to Daisy: Johnny and Mark.

      "What is an NCT 127?"

      "They are nine astonishingly good looking rich boys who are basically the princes of SM University. Over the years they have recruited members based on their social status. There used to be ten of them, but one of their members Dong Sicheng moved to China and became apart of another clique. I heard they still keep in touch."

      Daisy also noticed the boy who had dropped Mark and Johnny off the other night. He was in front of the others with one hand in his pocket and his eyes straight forward. While the others greeted the girls nicely, he didn't bat an eye. It's like they were invisible to him.

      "Who's he? The one in front?" Daisy asks.

      "That's Lee Taeyong, the leader of the group. Don't bother though, he really isn't interested in dating."

      Daisy scoffs. "Trust me, I'm not interested." She says.

      "Taeil, Johnny, Taeyong, and Yuta are all Seniors. Doyoung, Jaehyun and Jungwoo are Juniors while Mark and Haechan are Sophomores." Daisy continues to look on embarrassingly at the girls that were practically throwing themselves at the boys.

      "What's so great about them anyways?" Daisy said and it was like time stopped. Taeyong as well as the rest of NCT 127 stopped right in front of Daisy and Irene. The screaming fan girls had also stopped and were judging Daisy with their eyes. All eyes were on them.

      "Oh...My...God...I can't believe what I'm hearing." Three girls emerge from the crowd with their well manicured hands up to their chest. The one who spoke was well dressed and very pretty.

      "I'm sorry. Who are you?" Daisy asks.

      "Oh, we haven't introduced ourselves yet. We are..."

      "Kim Saeron."

      "Kim Sohyun."

      "Kim Yoojung."

      "But you can call us the 'Three Beauties of SM University', and if you don't watch your mouth, you're going to be in big trouble." Saeron sneers.

      "Oh...uh, she's new." Irene stutters.

      "Oh...! Daisy!" Mark exclaims throughout the quiet hall. He walks over to Daisy with a smiling face. "Sorry about this morning. Let me see your schedule."

      The was an audible gasp from the crowd of girls as Daisy handed her friend her school's schedule. The rest of NCT 127 whispered amongst themselves, but Taeyong continues to watch the pair—more specifically, Daisy.

      "Cool...you share Korean Literature with me and Haechan in the mornings. I guess we'll be seeing you around then?" Mark walks away with swagger to join the rest of NCT 127.

      Taeyong sighs. "Let's go, I'm bored." NCT 127 resumes walking down the hallway. What was once a hallway with swarming fans was now empty. Irene lets out a sigh of relief.

      "You should watch what you say around them." Irene says shakily. "NCT 127 might be the most handsome, but they are also the most cruel."

      "Is it that bad?"

      "Anyone that crosses their path—or should I say Taeyong's path—is issued a red card. The card is a signal giving permission to all students to bully them until they dropout or apologize to NCT 127."

      "My cousin Johnny would never—"

      "No matter what, Johnny is apart of that group that does terrible things. I once knew a kid who was hospitalized a few years ago for looking down on Taeyong. Don't be that kid."



 

      Most of Daisy's day went smoothly, but she still occasionally received mean looks from some of the students. It was currently her lunch time and she sat by herself at a small table. She and her Mom prepared her lunch the night before: Kimchi stew with a side of rice, Korean dumplings, and jap-chae. Daisy couldn't help but her lips.

      Taeyong and Doyoung walk into the cafeteria and all the girls begin to adjust their appearance. Another student walks up to Taeyong, carrying something on a tray. Daisy eavesdrops as he eats her food.

      "Taeyongie...I stayed up all night to make your lunch. All of the foods were harvested at my father's farm. Please accept my heart." The quiet girl shoves the tray in Taeyong's face as Doyoung whispers something in his ear. He takes the food and puts it in his mouth, then immediately spits it out.

      "Whatever this is, it's disgusting. Your father should be humiliated."

      "Our Taeyong doesn't eat anything unless it's made by a personal chef." Doyoung replies.

      "But—" The girl stutters and Daisy quickly stands up in her seat, her chair scraping the floor.

      "Hey!" She exclaims and the cafeteria's eyes were on her. Taeyong and Doyoung also look in her direction. Daisy grips her chopsticks tightly in her hand.

      "If you know what's good for you, you'll sit back down." A small voice whispers. A petite girl stands at Daisy's table with her head held down. This was the second time Daisy had an occurrence with NCT 127 and it was just as unpleasant as the last. She slowly sits down and the cafeteria resumes their chatter. "I'm Hera."

      "Daisy."

      "I know. You're all that anyone is talking about today. A foreign exchange student that doesn't know their own mother language." Daisy gives her a look. "Sorry. It's what they say."

      "What kind of smell is this?" Saeron and her goons stand in front of Daisy and Hera. "It's so foul."

      "Transfer student, why are you eating such a terrible lunch box?" Sohyun asks pitifully.

      Saeron points to a table full of foreign foods. "Can't you see that?"

      "I see it." Daisy says lamely.

      "Then why?"

      "It's impossible for me to eat a 50,000 Won lunch."

      Kim Yoojung crosses her arms and scoffs. "Then, you're planning to continue eating this foul lunch?" She asks.

      "I'm planning on that." Daisy fake smiles. The girls go about their way and exit the cafeteria.

      "You're so brave." Hera says. "Let's be friends."



 

      NCT 127 stays in their hangout located in the far east side of the school. It was decorated with with graffiti and spray-paint but also held some sophistication with a mini library as well as a working office. Taeyong was comfortably reading on the sofa while Mark played an arcade game and the remainder of the friends remained in their own respective areas. Taeyong shuts book loudly and Mark sighs.

      "What is it now?" Mark asks, not taking his eyes off the video game screen.

      "Why did you intervene when those girls were berating Kim Jandi?"

      "Because she's a friend and also your best friend's cousin. Shouldn't we be cordial with her?"

      Taeyong stands from the couch. "We don't make friends with anyone else outside our friend group."

      "She seems nice." says Haechan.

      "Daisy is a tough girl. I remember one time when she visited and I was in the second grade, she threatened to beat up a bully in my class...and she was in kindergarten." Johnny laughs.

      "I don't like her."

      "No, you don't like that you have no control over her." says Yuta. "She might be the only girl who doesn't fall at our feet. She's interesting. Johnny, is she single?"

      "Hey." Johnny warns.

      "You should've seen her at lunch. She wanted so badly to tell Taeyong off, I could see it in her eyes." Doyoung says. Taeyong begins walking to the front door.

      "If I see her one more time today, I don't know what I'll do. We've run into each other two times already." Walking out the door, he immediately rams into a small body.

      "Hey, watch where you're going!" Taeyong froze at the sound of that voice, the voice that was starting to sear itself into his brain. Daisy Kim stands in front of him yet again.

      'Three times', he thought. 'Three times I have already run into her today...literally. Was this some sort of sick twist of fate?'

      Taeyong straightens his posture and places his hands in the pockets of his pants. "What are you? Do you have something to say?" He asks. Jungwoo, Taeil, and Johnny step out of their secluded room.

      "Yeah, I do have something to say. And I have a lot at that." Daisy points a forceful finger in Taeyong's face. "You! Don't you have even the slightest manners for humans? I don't even expect a little modesty from someone who has so much. If you don't want to eat it, you can just reject nicely. Or...does it hurt to just think about the sincerity of the person who made it and just accept it? What are you going to do if she says that she's going to fall off the roof, you bastard?!"

      "What are you?" Taeyong asks again.

      Daisy stands dumfounded in the middle of the hallway. It had all been in her head. It's one thing to go off on someone in front of a large group of people, but when you're alone, it was awkward.

      "Do you have something to say?"

      "No." Daisy says and runs away.

      "Doesn't seem so tough." says Taeyong.

      Daisy didn't know how far she had run, but somehow she ended up on the roof of the college. There must've been some sort of gardening club because there was a greenhouse filled with all sorts of plants and vegetables.

      "Unbelievable!" She yells. "Lee Taeyong! I curse you! NCT 127! You guys are like flies! If you are born that blessed you should shut up and live your lives gratefully, and some one like you who has no common sense is a public nuisance to the nation! Taeyong! I warn you. The day comes when I have to call you my senior, is the day I am diving off the rooftop, I swear I will!"

      "Can you keep it down?"

      Daisy flinched at the unfamiliar voice. A boy maybe around her age lied down on a bench outside the greenhouse. He was lying horizontal and had his arm over his eyes, shielding his face from the sun.

      "I'm sorry, I thought no one was here." The boy sits up and Daisy recognizes him as an NCT 127 member but she didn't know his name.

      "Is that really true?" He asks.

      "Huh?"

      "That you're gonna dive." He asks.

      Daisy nervously laughs. "What I mean by that was...wait...did you hear everything?" She asks.

      "What?"

      "What I said..."

      "Being a nuisance to the nation? Or the part about the flies?" He asks.

      "Look I didn't mean—"

      "If you're gonna attend here, you should at least show some respect for your sunbaes."



 

      At last, school was over. Daisy waits for her new friend Hera at the main entrance balcony inside. She was currently trying to balance on one of the steps. "What are you doing?" Hera asks.

      "I feel like I deserve some sort of punishment." Daisy sighs.

      "Punishment? What did you do so wrong?"

      "A punishment for a strong girl for being so cowardly."

      Hera reaches into her backpack and pulls out a sausage stick, handing one to Daisy. She happily opens it and takes a bite. "Do you feel better now?" asks Hera.

      "Yeah."

      "The only reason for why I go to this school are right here."

      "What is it?"

      "My only friend Hera."

      The girls laugh and link arms together as they walk down the steps. Hera loses her footing and bumps right into Taeyong whom was currently eating ice cream. He looks down at his Nike's where his ice cream had spilled. Jaehyun, Haechan, Mark, Yuta, and Jungwoo stood nearby.

      "Su...Sunbae." Hera says softly.  "I apologize, Sunbae Taeyong."

      "You're sorry? If everything works out by saying sorry, then why would there be police?"

      Hera beings bowing quickly. "I'll buy you the same exact shoes for you right away." She tries to turn to leave, but Taeyong roughly grabs her arm. Daisy only watches in disgust.

      'Why were they just standing there,' she says. 'Why was I just standing here?'

      "You, do you have more money than me?" He asks.

      "Excuse me?"

      Taeyong scoffs. "Even if you did, you wouldn't be able to. These shoes were made by a craftsman in Paris, so how would you buy me the same exact ones right away?"

      "I apologize." Hera desperately gets on her knees. "Then I'll do whatever I can."

      "Whatever you can?" Taeyong asks.

      "Yes."

      Taeyong sticks his foot out on the cold marble floor. " it." He demands.

      "Excuse me?"

      "I told you to it." Taeyong had a harsh tone in his voice.

      "Sunbae..."

      "Didn't you say that you'd do everything you can?"

      Daisy steps in front of Hera protectively. "She apologized to you, didn't she? Did she fall because she wanted to?" She asks.

      "What is this?" Taeyong asks. No one has ever talked to him the way Daisy spoke with him now.

      "Hey, second year." says Yuta. "I don't think it's been long since you've been here, but American style informalities are restricted."

      "Do I have more money than you?" Daisy asks suddenly. "Did you earn all that money you so happen to flaunt all the time?"

      "So you're the bully beater Johnny has been talking about? I was hoping you'd look tougher. That's a total disappointment." says Taeyong.

      Daisy places her hands on her hips. "What a relief I disappointed you." NCT 127 watch with amusement.

      "Is it your concept to not know your place and mind others' business?" Taeyong asks. "Why do you step into other people's affairs?"

      "She's not a stranger. She's a friend." Daisy reaches down to lift Hera off the floor. "In a wealthy person's dictionary, I'm assuming they don't carry words like "friend" or "friendship", do they?"

      "Friendship?" Taeyong laughs. "Let's watch some of that powerful friendship. it."

      "What?"

      "If you it instead, I'll forget it ever happened." Taeyong lifts his leg to his waist and wiggles his shoe in the air.

      "Why do you have to be so mean?" Daisy asks abruptly. "You think you're popular at school so you can do whatever you want. You didn't apologize for bumping into me. You're just a jerk."

      Taeyong suddenly grabs Daisy's arm and pulls her dangerously close. "You...You've got guts." He lets her arm go and walks away with his crew before another word could be said. But Daisy wasn't finished yet.

      "Hey—!"

      Daisy steps forward onto the residue of the spilled ice cream and begins to fall backwards. She mentally cursed her clumsiness. Her eyes shut tightly, but suddenly she stopped falling. Opening her eyes slowly, she came face-to-face with greenhouse boy.

      His arms were wrapped tightly around her shoulders as he looked down at Daisy. His face was illuminated by the light from overhead and it was like Daisy was looking at an Angel. He slowly lifts her back onto her feet. If he hadn't been there, she would've taken a tumble down the stairs. 

      "You should watch where you're walking." He says calmly before walking away as well.

      "Thank you!" Daisy yells after him, clutching her chest. Her heart was beating so fast. "Who is he?"

      "That's Jaehyun."

      "Jaehyun." Daisy repeats.

      "Jandi, why did you argue with Taeyong?" Hera asks accusingly.

      "He...he was bullying you. He's been an this entire time, to everyone that I have seen today!"

      "Don't do it again." Hera says.

      "Okay, I won't do it again."

      "You don't know what you've just started."

 

 

Disclaimer: This is a FANFIC. Some scenes depicted are scripts from the popular K-Drama but most of the story is still my own.