Another World

Boys Over Flowers ↬ NCT 127 (Chapters 1-4 Only)

DISCLAIMER

*Only Chaper 1-4 will be uploaded to Asian Fanfics. The remaining story will be uploaded onto my main site Wattpad.com where you can read it there. Username: kdramanetwork*

I in no way mean to bash or belittle any of the NCT members and my version of them will not always correlate to who they are in real life. This story will deal with mature themes such as abuse, adultery, depression, and more. If you are not comfortable reading such things, please be weary. I will post a disclaimer at the beginning of the chapter as a warning as well. But don't be fooled: this is also a happy story about love and life that I want all of my readers to enjoy. You don't have to be a fan of NCT to enjoy the story. So go forth and read on!

 

    It was a hot and humid day as usual in Seoul. The bright city welcomes back Kim Sunah and her teenage daughter Daisy—Korean name Kim Jandi—who have just relocated from North Texas. But Daisy was not happy about it.

      Daisy's parents had separated a mere few months ago and practically hated each other's guts. Sunah believes that her American ex-husband Marcus has stolen her youth. See, they had met when they were both twenty somethings when Marcus visited for spring break and instantly fell in love with Sunah. When Marcus came back to America, she dropped a huge bombshell: she was pregnant and he was the father. Sunah soon gave birth and left her life behind in Korea to live in America to pursue a future with Marcus.

      But they weren't happy.

      Daisy constantly worried for her mother and didn't want to leave her by her lonesome, so she made the decision to leave college back home and transfer to a different school in Seoul. Sunah and Daisy now stand outside the airport waiting for their ride. She grabs the hand of her daughter.

      "Don't look so down." She says smiling. "This will be a great experience."

      "For you, or for me?" Daisy sighs. "Mom, I don't have any friends. All of them are back in America."

      Sunah rubs Daisy's shoulders. "You can always make new friends. You're your mother's daughter after all. Besides, you'll have Johnny." She says.

      Johnny was Daisy's older cousin that had moved to Korea when he was in Junior High. Unlike Daisy, Johnny was born in America–not Korea, but ended up moving there to attend school. She had not heard from him in years. Daisy and her mom were living with Johnny and her Aunt until they could find their own place.

      "We haven't seen each other in years, Mom. He probably doesn't even remember what I look like."

      "How could he?" She Daisy's chin. "You're kind of hard to forget."

      And she wasn't kidding.

      Daisy knew she was different from everyone when she had gotten older. The first time she knew was in the third grade. She had sat down with a few other Asian Americans at lunch, thinking she could make friends with them. But none of them would give her the time of day. She wondered how they could be so cruel at such a young age. They would snicker as she passed down the halls and even tripped her as she walked. That's when she learned the harsh reality that people who were different weren't treated the same.

      At such a young age she learned the true meaning of racism. Marcus was African American and Sunah was Korean. She was biracial but didn't fit with either groups. She thought she'd be alone forever—that is, until she met Sungchan the same year. He was the first person to approach her directly and they instantly became best friends.

      Just then, a very expensive car pulled up to the curb and halted. Suh Jiwoo was four years older than Sunah and twice as rich. She had married a Korean businessman in America and since then they've all moved back to Korea years prior. She steps out the car and hugs her sister tightly.

      "It's been so long! And you've gotten shorter." Jiwoo pats her sister on the head playfully and Sunah smacks her hand away.

      "You've gotten more wrinkles." Sunah taunts. Jiwoo clears as Daisy does a ninety degree bow to her Aunt.

      "Hello—"

      Jiwoo grabs her niece's shoulders and sits her upright, then smiles. "Are we not family? There is no need to bow to me." She fixes Daisy's hair. "You look so much like you're mother."

      "Where's Johnny?" Daisy asks.

      "He's out with his friends, but he should be home by the time we get back." Jiwoo's personal driver gets our sleek back car and begins helping with the bags. "We've got your bedrooms set up and furnished and we can all go shopping for clothing and personal items."

      "We really appreciate the help. Once my catering business gets up and running, I promise I'll pay you back." Sunah says as the three women get into the car.

      Jiwoo waves a dismissive hand. "You're family. And I would feel terrible if I didn't take you guys in for the time being. Plus it will be fun having other people in the house."

      As the two sisters caught up on life, Daisy sat miserably in the backseat. She missed Jinho. She missed her life in America. And she couldn't shake the dreadful feeling that something bad was about to happen. 


 

      The Limitless Club was located in Songnam and was one of the most popular Bar & Grills in Seoul. It also happened to be the hangout spot for NCT 127. NCT 127 consisted of 9 of the most popular and rich guys that attended SM University—one of which including Daisy's cousin Johnny. He was sitting with another member, seemingly being in a heated conversation.

      "First of all, in Winter you have ice skating, hot chocolate...Christmas!" Johnny exclaims.

      "But in Summer, you can go to the beach and you get a three month vacation." Doyoung states firmly. The other members of NCT just watch with amusement and some of boredom.

      "What do you think, Taeyong?" Johnny asks.

      A slender male leans against the bar table as he sips his seltzer. Taeyong was the designated driver for the night and wanted to make sure his friends made it home safely. His long silver blonde hair was perfectly gelled back and he was dressed head-to-toe in designer wear.

      "I think the both of you are idiots." says Taeyong bluntly as he resumes drinking. His friends were used to his belligerent attitude and took no offense to it. Johnny and Doyoung shake their heads playfully then continue their heated debate.

      Just then, a tall and fierce women walks into the bar and immediately catches NCT 127's attention. She doesn't even look their way as she saunters over to the bar, stopping just beside Taeyong. Her winged eyeliner gave her the appearance of cat and she was also dressed in designer.

      "Taeyong."

      "Seulgi." He says.

      Seulgi places a seductive hand on Taeyong's shoulder and leans in close. They have gotten the attention of the whole bar. "It's been weeks since I've asked you out.  I was so heartbroken I stole my Daddy's credit card and bought this dress especially for you. Do you like it?" She wore a black corset dress with thigh high boots. The neckline was a deep V and she let her fingers linger there.

      Taeyong briefly checks her out. "It's not my style." He says.

      "Look, I'll be frank." Seulgi turns serious. "You haven't had a girlfriend since your enrollment at school and people are starting to talk. They all think you're gay and quite frankly, I'm starting to get that impression myself."

      NCT 127 remains quiet, but watches on intensely. They were practically at the edge of their seats. Taeyong leans his back against the bar and comes dangerously close to Seulgi's painted face.

      "So what if I was? Do you have a problem with gay people?"

      Seulgi scoffs. "You're not gay." She says.

      "No, I'm not. But even if I was, you'd still be the last person I'd go out with." Taeyong's face was blank, not even a glimmer of emotion was written on it. "I told you once and I'll tell you again. You're not my type."

      "Fine. I'll leave you boys to your playhouse, but remember Taeyong." Seulgi leans in even closer. "I always get what I want." She leaves the bar and the tension disperses.

      "Woah." Another male with long brown hair pulled back in a ponytail speaks. "Is it weird that I'm right now?"

      "Just a little bit, Yuta." Johnny says.

      "Seulgi's the hottest girl in our year." Yuta states but Taeyong shrugs his shoulders. "Well, if you won't have her I will." Yuta begins to put on his leather jacket. "See you guys tomorrow." He leaves in a breeze.

      "They're all the same. I sometimes find myself bored." Taeyong says and looks at his watch. "It's already seven. Johnny and Mark, I'll take you guys home."

      "Yeah we should probably go. I think my cousin from the states finally landed." Johnny says. Taeyong raises an eyebrow.

      "What cousin?"


 

      Daisy's head leans against the cool glass of Jiwoo's luxury car. As they breezed through the neighborhood, Daisy noticed how each house began to grow in size the further they ventured. She had a hard time keeping up.

      "Daisy." Daisy's head whipped in the direction of the voice. Her Mom smiles gently. "We were talking about SM University—your new school."

      "Sorry. It's just that these houses are so...big."

      Jiwoo laughs from the front seat. "Yes they are. We actually live in UN Village where a lof of wealthy businessmen live. Maybe you can make friends with some of the neighbors." She says. Sunah places a hand on her daughter's knee.

      "I know moving colleges in the middle of your sophomore year is a little much, but I promise you'll love Korea just as much as I did. And when we're good and ready, we'll move out and into our own place."

      "That's great and all Mom, but who's paying for these classes?"

      "Don't worry about that, honey. All you need to do is go to school and ace all of your classes." Daisy slumps down in her seat.

      "Well, I'd like to at least get a job part time when I'm not doing homework." She says. "I'm sorry Mom, but being around so much food is nauseating.

      "A job?" Jiwoo questions. "We can provide you with all of the money you need for school."

      "And I really do appreciate that Auntie, but I need something to keep me grounded otherwise I think my head will explode."

      "You're so much like your mother it astounds me."

      The car comes to a slow halt in front of a luxury home. It was amongst one of the biggest houses in the gated neighborhood and had a more modern design. Daisy and her family exit the car.

      "This is your house?"

      "Yes. Were you expecting something different?"

      "I thought it'd be more traditional." Daisy says. "More like a Hanok."

      Jiwoo laughs. "Not everything you see is like a K-Drama. These homes are more modern and inspired by American architexure. Johnny and his father actually helped with the construction." A sportscar pulls up to the house right next to the their vehicle. "And right on time."

      Johnny and Mark get out of the car and Daisy wondered why she was so nervous. Johnny and Daisy were extremely close when they were younger, him treating her more like his younger sister than his cousin. It wasn't until he stepped out the car that Daisy realized how much older he was now.

      He's like a walking tree, Daisy thought to herself

      Taeyong's phone began to ring and his palms began to sweat. Reaching into this jacket pocket, he checked the caller ID and let out a sigh. This was the third time this week he had gotten a call from and unknown number. It didn't take him long to figure out who the phantom caller was.

      "Hey, you alright?" Mark sticks his head in the window of the passenger's side. Taeyong had snapped out of his daze.

      "Yeah I'm fine. Do you guys need anything?"

      Mark shakes his head. "We're good. See you."

      As Taeyong put his car into drive, he had finally looked at his surroundings. Two people he didn't recognize stood on the sidewalk in front of Johnny's house. One was an older woman, presumably Johnny's Aunt. The other was a girl he had never seen before.

      She had a more natural look, her hair spouting in waves was pulled back half up-half down. Her jeans had holes in them and her shoes were worn out. Her skin was darker but she was a spitting image of the woman standing next to her. She suddenly locked eyes with Taeyong.

      'Why is he looking at me like that?', Daisy thought.

      As Daisy continued to look at Taeyong, she immediately knew that he was high class. His outfit looked like something out of a magazine. His aura was intimidating and his face reminded her of someone right out of a Manga.

      'If he was going to stare at me, I might as well introduce myself.'

      Daisy made her way over to Taeyong's car much to his surprise. He then sped away. She scoffed. "What the hell is his problem?"

      "Taeyong's not much of a people person." Johnny says with a smile.

      "Why don't you and your Mom get settled in first and we go shopping?" Jiwoo asks. "Does that sound good?"

      Daisy looks down at her outfit for the day. Compared to the others around her, she was lacking in the fashion department. Maybe she could just borrow the money and pay her Aunt back later.

      "I guess I could use an upgrade..."

      "Mark and I aren't busy today; we can take you shopping." Johnny says. "And I know just where to go."



 

      Starfield COEX Mall was one of the biggest underground shopping malls in South Korea. It welcomed people of all ages with its many department stores and eateries. Daisy stands in the middle of it all, dumbfounded. What particularly caught her attention was the sky-high wall of Byeol-Madang Library. Daisy loved to read and one of these books could help her brush up on her Korean.

      Daisy pulls a sleek black card from her purse and takes in her surroundings. Prior to her leave, Jiwoo had given her niece her credit card for shopping. She even told her she had no limit. Daisy places the card back safely into her black purse.

      "So, where do you want to go?" Johnny asks beside her. He stood too coolly next to her. Mark was scrolling through his phone on her left side as well.

      "Well, firstly I do need some Korean language books for one of my classes—" Mark chuckles.

      "You're in one of the BIGGEST malls in Korea and you want to go to a library?" He asks.

      "I have a box full of language books, and besides..." Johnny says. "I'll be your Korean dictionary. If you remember, my first language was also English so it'll be better than reading some dusty old book."

      "Okay, fine." Daisy sighs. "Where do you think we should go?"

      "Gucci? Balenciaga? Chanel...?" Mark and Johnny list together.

      Daisy waves her hands in an 'X' formation. "Woah woah woah! I get that you guys are super rich, but when I was in America, I only went shopping at Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters." She says. Johnny and Mark exchange confused looks.

      "Where?"

      "How about you guys go do...whatever guys do, and I'll go shopping myself?"

      "Are you sure? COEX is a pretty big mall..." Johnny continues.

      Daisy pushes her cousin's back in the other direction. "Go. And I'll text you when I'm finished."

      "Alright, alright. See you later...stumblebutt." Johnny teases and Daisy stops in her tracks. "You didn't think I forgot, did you?"

      Daisy playfully punches Johnny's shoulder. "Don't call me that."

      "What's a stumblebutt?" Mark asks.

       "One thing you should know about Daisy is that she is a klutz. She either trips on her own feet or spills something. It's a nickname I used to call her when we were kids."

      "And don't say it again!" Daisy pinches Johnny's arm.

      "Ow!" Johnny exclaims then speaks in a quieter voice. "Fine. Just finish your shopping and we'll meet you."

      "Thank you." Daisy says sweetly and walks away, smiling to herself. She was relieved that Johnny was still as playful as ever.

      About two hours later, Daisy had a handful of bags in each hand. She initially felt guilty for having a mini shopping spree, but then she remembered how she was practically plucked from her normal life and into an unknown world. She felt like she deserved a pick-me-up.

      Daisy had decided to take a rest at a quiet coffee shop. She had already texted Johnny and Mark her location so she sat idly by to wait for their arrival. Then her phone rang. "Um, hello?"

      "Daisy? This is your Aunt. I just wanted to tell you that I've collaborated with your Mom and we have sent out a job resume to some of my personal contacts."

      "Oh no no no no, you don't have to do that." Daisy says. "I can find a job on my own."

      "From personal experience, we know how difficult it can be to find a job here. Most of them are assistant jobs, but they're willing to work around your school schedule."

      Daisy fake laughs. "I think I'm good, Auntie. I don't want to get a job just because my family is good at writing big checks, but thanks for the help anyway. Talk to you soon." She sits her phone on the table and begins to ponder.

      Growing up, Daisy was always known to be very independent. With her parents bickering 24/7, she practically had to figure some things out on her own. So when it came to a job, she wanted to use her own skills and earn her position respectfully.

      "Excuse me?" Daisy turns and comes face to face with a girl that was around her age. She had reddish brown hair and a soft smile. Her name tag read: Jung Chaeyeon. "I couldn't help but overhear—are you looking for a job?"

      "Um...yeah?"

      "I didn't mean to intrude. We just lost one of our baristas and have been desperate on finding a replacement. Do you have experience in coffee-making?"

      "I'm sorry, I don't."

      Chaeyeon waves a dismissive hand. "It's alright. Honestly, it's preferred but I can teach you how to use our machines. Is this something that you're interested in?"

      Daisy didn't believe in fate, but it's like someone was sending her a sign. She puts on a smile and sticks out her right hand. "I'm Daisy Kim. I'd be honored to take this position." Chaeyeon looks at her hand awkwardly. "What?"

      "It isn't a Korean custom to do a handshake. But for you, I'll make an exception." Chaeyeon shakes her hand and Daisy smiles. "I'll go get you an application and we can set up your training."

      "I go to school in Cheongdam-dong. Will that be a problem?"

      "I also go to school in Seoul." Chaeyeon says. "One thing I really like about the Coffee Bean is that they are willing to work around your daily schedule. I'm sure we can figure something out. Excuse me."

      Chaeyeon proceeds to leave just as Mark and Johnny enter the coffee shop. They carry twice as many luxury bags in their hands than Daisy had. They sat down on opposite side of the circular table.

      "Great news...I got a job!" Daisy stands up and begins bouncing.

      "That fast? What are you, Wonder Woman?" Johnny asks.

      "Well the barista that works here overheard my conversation with your mother actually and just offered me the job. Isn't that great?"

      "I am honestly amazed." Johnny says and ruffles Daisy's hair; she smacks his hand away and he laughs. "By the way, how's the coffee here?"

      "I don't know I don't drink it." 

      Johnny laughs again. "You walk into a coffee shop but don't drink coffee? You're even weirder than I remember."

      Chaeyeon finally emerges from the depths of the office and hands Daisy the job application. "Just fill out your information and turn it in when you're finished. Then we can get started on your training."

      "Thank you so much, Chaeyeon. You don't know how much this means to me. Do you mind if I hug you?" Daisy asks playfully.

      "Sure." Chaeyeon pulls her in for a hug first. "I really hope that we can become friends."

      "Me too."

      "You really messed up picking my cousin for a barista here. She doesn't even drink coffee."

      Chaeyeon looks up and comes face-to-face with Johnny. His hair was styled perfectly and she noticed that he always seemed to be smiling. In fact, he hasn't stopped smiling since he got there. He wore a button down shirt with the first two buttons undone and grey slacks.

      'He looks like a young businessman', Chaeyeon thought to herself. 'And he's incredibly cute'.

      "Chaeyeon?" Daisy asks. Chaeyeon turns to her new friend. "I'm sorry, what?"

      "I asked how long have you been making coffee...?" Johnny says.

      Chaeyeon nervously laughs. "I'm sorry I must've zoned out a little bit. I've been working here for over three years since high school, but my Dad actually owns this shop." She says.

      "I like to think of myself as a coffee connoisseur. I want to open up my own coffee shop one day."

      Chaeyeon begins to blush. "I've also have that dream." She says dreamily.

      "As exciting as coffee talk is, I think the mall is about to close so we should go." Mark says.

      "You're right. Do you guys mind waiting until I close up shop?"

      "Of course." says Johnny.

      About twenty minutes later, Daisy and the gang head out to leave the COEX Mall. Chaeyeon currently had Daisy's phone and was entering in her contact information.

      "If you have any questions about the job or even if you need someone to talk to, here's my number." She says and hands Daisy her phone.

      "I really do appreciate this, Chaeyeon. I can tell we're going to be great friends."

      "Any friend of Daisy's is a friend of mine." Johnny says and Chaeyeon begins blushing again.

      "Look, it's Moon Gayoung!" Mark exclaims. The quartet look up to find a giant billboard of a beautiful young woman. "Her ads are all around the mall, so you know what that means."

      "She must be on her way back to Korea." says Johnny.

      Sure enough, Gayoung's pictorials were all around the mall, from perfume ads to lingerie. Daisy thought she was really stunning. She didn't even know her and Gayoung emitted confidence.

      "Hey, I went to primary school with Moon Gayoung. She was popular even then." Chaeyeon says.

      "Jaehyuns' going to be happy to hear this."

 

 

 

Well that's Chapter One! How did you guys like it? Feel free to comment here your first impressions of the story so far! 

Don't forget to also listen to NCT 2020's Album and stream their MV!