Hello

Shattered
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solar was crying in her home office while holding Moonbyul's album.

The brunette caressed the central picture with those beautiful and longing eyes and dared kiss the innanimate mouth despite lacking courage to do it to the real one for more than 7 years they had been close.

The singer took the chance to spend some time by herself in that part of the house because Yonghee had taken Mayar out after school and she had been composing some new songs there too.

Thinking of her soulmate hurt too much. Especially when she relived Moonbyul's painful expression towards her.

She had destroyed their connection because of fear. And being aware that there was no turning back just made her feel worthless.

Sobbing while sniffing the hand written letter, Solar almost fell from the chair when she heard her husband ask:

_____ So is this the reason why you could never love me, Yongsun?

_____ Honey, I...didn't know you were there.____ The brunette tried to keep calm.

_____ I noticed how depressed you have been. More than usual. And I thought of surprising you. But I guess I am the surprised one._____ The male had a faint smile.

Inhaling and exhaling, Solar slowly placed the letter inside the album and responded:

______ There is nothing to worry about. I never did anything to disrespect your honor. And never will.

Sighing, the husband pulled a chair and sat next to his wife.

______ Yongsun-ah...I deeply love you. You gave me the biggest gift In life. It's true that we have had a calm and stable marriage. But I need more than a friend who shares the house with me. I used to think you had post delivery depression or something. I even questioned if I was doing something wrong...

_____ No, please....Of course not. You were always a great father and friend._____ Solar held the man's hand.

After hesitating for a little while, the husband responded:

_____ But you never really saw me as your man, right? Just the father of your child...

Embarrassed, Solar averted her eyes and said after a while:

_____ I'm sorry. There is nothing wrong with you. Just with me.

_____ I don't think there is anything wrong with any of us. But we both deserve to find real happiness and get as much love as we give. Not just as the parents of our son or good friends.

_____ Don't you think Mayar will be traumatized?_____ Solar asked with concern.

_____ Children get traumatized when they grow in an environment of hate and violence. Our son has affection and support. Everything will remain the same. Except that he will have 2 houses from now on._____ The husband smiled.

Sighing deeply, the singer asked:

_____ You don't hate me, do you? I tried so hard to erase this feeling....

The guy caressed the mother of his kid's face and responded:

_____ I could never hate you, Yongsun-ah. And I am sorry you felt that you had to suffocate your true feelings for so long.

Slowly, some new tears started rolling down Solar's cheeks.

____ x ____

_____ Mom, I miss Mayar. Can't I go play with him?_____ Eight-year-old Taner asked in a sweet tone.

Moonbyul had no reaction for a couple of seconds and she was trying to find a reason to deny her son's request without being a cruel mother.

Sandeul came from the kitchen and told his son while giving his wife a reassuring look:

_____ We can't simply visit people without an invitation. Plus, Mayar lives in Seul. However, you will see your friend as soon as possible. Okay?

_____ Alright._____ Taner smiled and went outside to play.

______ Thank you, Deul. I really didn't know what to say to him.

The guy caressed his wife's shoulder and advised:

_____ Maybe is time you confront your ghosts from the past once and for all before this affects our son. He just wants to play with his new friend. And it is not fair that the kids miss this chance of building a nice friendship because of their mothers.

Moonbyul sighed and nodded in agreement:

_____ You're right. My problems shouldn't stay on Taner's way. Actually Hyejin and Wheein have been constantly insisting on a family gathering. I keep avoiding it because of Yongsun but....I guess I can't continue like this, right?

______ Exactly. If your feelings haven't changed, they never will. So....you gotta do something. Either fight for her or try to live with it and move on. Other people are being affected by  both of you.

Sandeul didn't mean to sound rude.  However, he knew his best friend and mother of his son had reached a check point of her life and she needed to wake up.

Nodding affirmatively, Moonbyul declared:

______ I'm going to call Hyejin and tell her we are going to the party at her place.

______ We?

______ It's a family gathering. You are my kid's father._____ Moonbyul said.

______ Okay, I'll go. Under one condition.____ Sandeul lifted his finger.

______ Sure. Whatever you want.

______ You will tell people that we are getting a divorce._____ The male singer declared in a firm tone.

______ Okay....I will say it. But not randomly._____ The brown-haired woman declared.

_____ You are just gonna try to run away from her, aren't you?

______ Sandeul, just stop. I already said I'm gonna go to the same party and our kids will play together. Don't pressure me.____ The handsome woman exclaimed and went outside the house.

Moonbyul was having an anxiety crises and it took her a while to breath regularly.

The former rapper pressed Hwasa's number 3 times and interrupted the call before it started.

It was really hard to gather courage to face reality and the brown-haired woman could only make that phone call after seeing her son walking around with an angelic smile.

Her former group member got so suprised when she said the reason for the call that she shouted in joy.

Hwasa told Moonbyul that she would talk to Wheein and Solar to confirm everything but the party would probably happen in 2 weeks.

Trembling, the former rapper turned off the phone and cried.

She was gonna see the love of her life again. And Solar would be with her husband.

_____ x _____

Solar was sitting beside her husband in their car while their son was jumping in the backseat full of excitement because he was about to meet his new best friend again.

_____ Let's get inside. They must be waiting.____ The male patted the brunette's leg.

_____ Maybe you should take Mayar and tell them I am not feeling well.

_____ Kim Yongsun, stop being silly and get off this car right now. Otherwise I'll personally talk to that woman.

Solar widened her eyes and her jaw dropped.

The mere idea of the father of her son talking to Moonbyul made her shake in panic.

Taking a deep breath, the bob-haired woman opened the door and left the vehicle.

Then she helped her 6-year-old kid and they waited that the man locked the car.

Hwasa welcomed the trio with a huge smile and kissed little Mayar before the boy ran like a race car towards his friend Taner. 

Solar felt dizzy because her eyes met Moonbyul's, who was talking to Wheein.

______ Guys, my house is your house. By the way, you should join my husband and Sandeul if you like to watch baseball and have a beer._____ Hwasa talked to her friend's husband.

______ Ah, I think this is a great idea._____ The male smiled and left the former group members alone.

______ Hyejinie....I hope you're not planning to make us interact that fast. I barely arrived._____ The brunette was concerned.

Rolling her eyes, the younger one declared:

_____ Unnie, it's been 11 ing years. Enough is enough! I miss my family togethe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter