A song from the past

Shattered
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul had been working as a songwriter and nusic producer for the last 3 years under another name.

The former idol was coaching new artists and using her connections to promote them and she fastly got good results.

Nonetheless, the brunette didn't turn her work into a priority like in the old days.

Even though Sandeul was an excellent father, the brown-haired woman still wanted to be present in her son's daily routine.

The boy was 8-years-old and despite being pampered by his mother's and father's relatives, Taner had a sweet and calm personality.

It was April, 2031 and Park Woo San had a cardiac arrest and was taken to the hospital.

The producer's wife called Moonbyul and told her the male asked her to go visit him.

Extremely concerned, the songwriter drove to Seul with little Taner as her company.

Mother and son arrived at the hospital around 9 am and Moonbyul asked about her long time friend at the reception desk.

The woman explained that the composer could visit the male but children were not allowed in the patients' rooms.

Moonbyul got upset and pointed out that she couldn't leave her 8-year-old by himself. So the receptionist smiled gently and told her that there was a day care area with lots of other kids and they could play while the parents visited the patients.

Despite feeling uneasy, the brunette took a look and saw that there was good security everywhere and the two ladies taking care of the kids guaranteed her they had been trainned to be with children of all ages and they would never allow someone else leave the area with the boy.

Taner smiled at his mom and told her he would be fine.

The brown-haired woman hugged her son and kissed his head before gathering courage to go.

After that, Moonbyul asked the receptionist the number of Park Woo Sang's room and got into the elevator.

Knocking at the door, the former rapper heard her former mentor's voice inviting her in and she did it without hesitation. 

Park Woo Sang seemed fragile and his smile didn't hide his fear. Or his se awareness of mortality.

The 38-year-old woman tried to show she was positive about the producer's recovery and grinned at him while walking towards the bed.

But suddenly Moonbyul noticed someone else was there and she almost lost balance when that voice echoed in the room:

_____ Byul-ah....

Widening her eyes, the former rapper saw the love of her life standing in front of her as if time hadn't passed.

Solar had a similar Bob-cut to the one she had the last time they met and her beauty was breathtaking.

The composer's voice was trapped in but she was able to react and glare at the producer

Moonbyul's instinct made her step back and prepare to leave that suffocating room but the man said:

_____ Byul-yi, please listen to me. I almost died yesterday. So...many worries came to my mind. I realized more than ever how much I miss my second family. You girls grew professionally and in all other ways in the same time I did. We all started the company barely having what to eat. Thanks to Mamamoo and also my hard work, I could provide my wife and kids a better life.

_____ Oppa, I'm sorry but you had no right to set me up like this. It's not fair.____ The former rapper interrupted the producer.

_____ Byul-yi, I miss working with my girls. And I remember how you two were attached. Nobody knew Yongsun better than you. Nobody could push you to do your best and make you happy like her.Life is short. We are nothing but dust. You two should solve whatever destroyed your friendship while you can.

The older one glanced at Moonbyul with a mix of sorrow and tenderness.

Solar wasn't aware of the producer's plan either but she wanted to take that chance.

_____ Byul-yi, please...Forgive me. I never had the chance to talk to you...

_____ See, Byul-yi. Yongsun is giving the first step....____ Park Woo Sang said.

Moonbyul sighed deeply and declared without looking at Solar:

_____ I have forgiven her a long time ago. But I don't wanna talk.

______ After all this time you still hate me that much?_____ The singer's voice sounded shaky.

The former rapper had to control her urge to hold the black-haired woman in her arms.

_____ I never hated you, Yongsun-ah. Never....

_____ So why can't you talk to me? Why won't you look at me?

_____ BECAUSE YOU REMIND ME OF WHAT I HATE THE MOST! I HATE MYSELF. AND HOW PATHETIC I AM.

The producer widened his eyes for finally realizing what had been so obvious and he never understood.

Solar stepped ahead but hesitated.

_____ You are not pathetic. Please, let me...

_____ I believe you came here as unaware as I did. So let's pretend nothing happened and move on. Oppa, I wish you a great recovery. If you ever do this again, I will cut you from my life. _____ The composer interrupted her ex best friend and got out of the bedroom.

_____ I may be a silly man but you should go after her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter