The shock

Shattered
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul had begged God that she never experienced that scene.

The rapper imagined that the day her best friend would make such an announcement might come. However, she hoped things could be different.

Mamamoo finished their schedules for the end of the year earlier than usual due to the pandemia and Solar celebrated her group member and best friend's birthday doing what the girl chose, as they always did.

The duo joined the maknaes on the 23rd for an antecipated Christmas because their families complained they rarely spent those dates with them.

Then Moonbyul drove to her hometown, stayed there for 2 days and came back to Seul to help Solar with her last youtube video for 2020.

The older girl had also spent Christmas with her parents and sister but her restless body returned home on the 26th.

Solar thought her best friend might spend a few more days in her city. So she was pleasantly surprised that Moonbyul showed up that soon.

They worked together and ended the recording really fast.

The singer was always amazed with their great chemistry and Moonbyul's dedication to her channel despite the fact the girl didn't get any profit from that.

As a demonstration of gratitude, Solar ordered the rapper's favorite dishes.

They sat in front of the coffee table and ate until their pants felt tight.

The younger girl was waving her hands and making cute noises of satisfaction and Solar smiled.

She loved whenever her best friend ate well.

Clearing , the older girl decided to share her secret with the closest person she had in life.

_____ Byul-ah....I am about to date someone.

Moonbyul felt a strong punch on her stomach and got dry all of a sudden.

_____ Who is he?_____ She heard herself asking but her soul seemed out of her body.

With a shy smile, the black-haired girl confessed:

_____ It's not a he... She is...

_____ You are ing kidding me, right?____ Moonbyul didn't plan to say anything. Let alone in an agressive tone.

_____ Why? What's wrong, Byul-ah?_____ Solar's eyes were wide open.

The rapper stood up and used the sleeve of her shirt to interrupt the tears that were jumping like a storm.

_____ So the problem was me, right? You never wanted ME. You never liked ME. I understand now. Whenever you called me greasy and said you were disgusted....it was not because you just liked guys. It was because I really disgusted you. 

_____ WHAT? NO! Of course not, Byul-ah. What are you saying? I just imagined you were kidding. Plus, you have become the most important person in my life. I didn't want to ruin it...____ The singer was desperate because she could feel her best friend's pain just by looking at her.

Moonbyul swallowed her cry with effort and declared:

_____ I wish you all the happiness in the world, Yong. Congratulations.

_____ Wait! Byul-ah....Where are you going?

Solar saw the taller girl grabbing her phone and keys and walk towards the back door.

_____ I....don't know.

_____ So don't go. Or let me go with you. We can talk more.

Moonbyul glanced at the older one and Solar saw the type of the pain and despair she used to notice in her best friend's eyes whenever the rapper asked for advice.

_____ I am sorry, Yongsun. I can't be near you anymore.

_____ Wait...Byul-ah....

The bob-haired girl moved fast and Solar tried to chase her but the elevator door shut in front of her.

_____ x _____

Sandeul opened his apartment door with a confused expression.

First of all, his friend had never gone there. And second, Moonbyul was crying like a baby.

_____ Byul-ah...Oh my God! What happened?

Not waiting to be invited, the rapper threw herself on the guy's arms without interrupting her cry.

_____ It hurts so much, Deul! She likes girls. The problem is me. I'm the one she is not interested in....

_____ Okay, hold on. Calm down, take a deep breath and sit here.____ The male singer guided the girl to the sofa.

Moonbyul sat beside the guy. However, she couldn't stop crying.

____ Damn....I never even saw you cry before. What can I do?

_____ Nothing. Unless you can make me become more attractive. Or anything that makes Yongsun love me....

The singer caressed his best friend's hand and stayed there for her.

He had also experienced a hearbreak and there was nothing to be said.

Nobody would be able to erase his friend's sadness and it was impossible to find any word that would easy her pain.

After crying for hours, Moonbyul fell asleep and the male singer covered her with a blanket.

Sandeul heard a funny buzz and realized it was Moonbyul's phone.

The guy took it from the rapper's pocket and he saw Solar's name on the screen before he placed the smartphone on the table.

Moonbyul ended up spending the next days in her friend's apartment and she only answered to her mother's and sister's calls.

The female acted as if everything was fine. So her family had no idea that she was in a big depression crises.

Wheein and Hwasa had been trying to contact her, which Moonbyul was sure that it was because their leader asked.

As Mamamoo had recorded their New Year's Eve schedule, the rapper didn't worry abour work.

Nonetheless, her manager sent her a message reminding her the group contract would expire in January and she needed to decide what she wanted to do about it.

That made Moonbyul think that maybe the maknaes were just trying to discuss about that and Yongsun was not even thinking about her pathetic anymore.

Although her best friend had given up contacting her after so many failed attempts, the singer sent her a voice message on the 31st.

Moonbyul could see that it was a long message.The girl wasn't able to press play though.

She had decided to take control of her life and end that dependence and useless feeling for someone who had never really seen her.

Despite all Sandeul's advices saying she should speak to Yongsun when things got calmer, Moonbyul didn't want to expose herself to that pain ever again.

On January 2nd, the handsome one finally got back home and she found a cute little note under her door.

It was Solar's handwriting and Moonbyul knew what was written without reading it.

The older girl was saying she was sorry. Nonetheless, the rapper didn't need the brunette's sorrow.

She wondered if Solar at least understood that she had been playfully giving false hope to the rapper for ages while also contradicting herself over and over again.

Determined to move on, Moonbyul entered her apartment and threw the little note on a counter.

During the next days, the bob-haired girl wrote and composed one song after another and she even forgot to feed herself.

On the 7th, there was a meeting between Mamamoo and their ceo at the company.

Moonbyul dressed casually and drove there with her heart in pieces.

The rapper didn't want to meet her long time friend. Nonetheless, there was no way to escape that meeting.

In the moment the rapper entered the fancy room, Wheein came running and jumped on her arms.

______ Unnie, I was so worried! Where have you been?

_____ I'm sorry for causing you problems, Wheein-ah.

The rapper sat on the far end of the table and Hwasa noticed the girl's body was skinnier than it should.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter