No Title Yet - Wheebyul / Office Fluff

But First .....

“Hey.” Wheein peeked inside the photographer slash marketing director studio to see her friend was on the phone – complaining to her mother from the sound of it, before her short legs purposely stride inside the office toward the blonde and laid down her latest sketch on the desk.

“Imma just put it here and get going.” She mouthed to Byul who shook her head and told her wait with a raised forefinger to give her just a minute to finish up.

“No mom, mom, for the last time, we’re not dating!” Byul suddenly stood up and Wheein had to reach up and took away the silver tumblr from Byul’s hand lest she spilled hot coffee on herself and watched as Byul paced back and forth, mumbling something to her mom before she ended her phone conversation.

Byul made a quick work back to the space and flopped down on the edge of her desk with a deep sigh.

“My mother is a crazy woman.”

Wheein’s eyebrows lifted in question and waited until Byul stopped fidgeting with the corner of her shirt.

“Mom called and told me that she cancelled the blind date that she arranged for me.”

“Oh? Well, that’s good news right?” Byul had been mopping and complaining all over the place to just about everyone that is willing to listen about her mother constant meddling with her love life, up to the point where now only Wheein still willing to listen to her incessant complaints. Yongsun already changed her home passkey so Byul cannot dropped by whenever the mood strikes and Hyejin blocked her number, much to Byul’s chagrin.

 “Do you know how many people told me that we would make a cute couple? Like, honest to God, please date – get a U-haul and make pretty babies kind of insinuation, I mean, what is it with us?”

Wheein opened to respond only to shut it again, because apparently Byul hasn’t finished with her rant.

“I mean, how am I supposed to get a decent date with a guy, if everyone and their mother, including mine! Can you believe it? My own mother, think that I should be with you?”

Wheein blinked, her chest, strangely felt like an elephant was sitting on it. Her expression must have shown it, because Byul stopped her pacing and looked slightly contrite.

“That doesn’t came out right, you know that if I’m into women, I would totally be into you. I would date you in an instant.”

Wheein cleared and shrugged it off, whatever it was that lodge itself into , “Is that why your mom cancelled your blind date? Because she thought that you should date me?”

Byul put her head in her hands and mumbled, “Well, since I never into any boys that she set me up with and you know…. All of my dates never really went anywhere, she thinks that maybe, I’m just not into boys.”

Wheein chuckled, reaching up to tug Byul’s hands away so she could see the pout nearly forming on her face, “Since you are also not, into women, that is – then it shouldn’t be an issue, just tell your mom that you are not into women, case closed. Beside we would make a terrible couple.”

Byul looked taken a back at Wheein’s blunt assessment, “We would?” and weirdly, she sounded wounded.

Wheein picked up the sketch that she brought to discuss in the first place and thumb at it distractedly, “Yep, aside from drinking, I don’t think we have anything in common, so yeah, I don’t think we could even get past a first date…” her eyes brightened up when she found the exact sketch that she wanted to show Byul and frowned when she met with a pouting Byul Yi.

“I disagree,” Byul crossed her arms across her chest and puffed up her cheeks.

Wheein’s eyebrows lifted in intrigue, “You disagree that we wouldn’t get past a first date or that we would make a terrible couple?”

“Both!”

Wheein frowned, “So….. you were saying that we definitely would hit it off and make an awesome couple?”

“YES!”

Wheein stared up at the excited Byul, confused, unable to keep up with Byul’s conflicting reaction, “You were saying…..”

“That we should date to prove it!”

“Whoa! Hold up,” Wheein put both of her hand in the air to stop Byul from talking further, “Okay, I’m confused, I thought you don’t like the idea of people thinking that we’re dating and now you are … asking me out on one?”

“Yes. I mean, it’s like killing two birds with one stone. One, it would show you that we could past a first date and two, people won’t be asking me whether I date you or not.” She grinned, feeling proud of herself before she rethought her words as Wheein continued to stare at her blithely, “You are trying to confuse me!”

“Me? I’m the one who has to keep up with all of this weird conversation!”

They both looked at each other before bursting into laugh at the absurdity of the situation. Byul ran a hand through her honey blond locks and shrugged her shoulder, “You know what, let’s just give it a go, you and me, Friday night.”

Wheein felt her heart skipped a beat at the declaration.

“Think of it like a scientific research, we are gathering evidence that we might or might not get past first date and that we both basically don’t like women that way.”

Wheein took a deep breath, trying to control the tightening knot of excitement in her stomach, “I don’t know…. I mean, you would probably want to go play in arcade or something.”

“Arcade is fun though,” Byul mumbled but quickly grimaced, “You probably want to go to see some painting exhibit or something equally boring.”

“And your idea of fun probably to drag me to some sport bar to watch whatever game they have on, eating chicken with beer and soju.”

“Chicken with beer and soju is always a good idea.”

“Not on a first date!”

Both stared down at each other until Wheein blew at her bangs and shook her head, “We can’t even agree on what to do on a first date! This is such a terrible idea.”

“Hey! My ideas are never terrible, how about this, I choose the activities and you choose where and what to eat.”

Wheein squinted her eyes at the smug smile of Byul’s face, a tiny bit suspicious on what she had in mind, with Byul, you could never be too careful, “No sports bar!”

“No, no, seriously Jung Wheein, don’t you have a little bit of faith in me?”

“Knowing you? Hardly.”

“Hey!”

“The last time you had a brilliant idea, Hwasa lost her eyebrows!”

“It was NOT my fault, will you stop blaming me for that? And can we please focus on the date?”

“Fine,” She bit her lower lips for a fraction of seconds before chiming in again, “Should we just send list of Dos and Don’ts?”

Sighing, Byul put both of her hands on Wheein’s shoulder and looked deep into Wheein’s eyes, “We should treat this like an actual first date, like, let nature turn its course.”

Wheein took a deep breath and let it out slowly, “You’re right, we should just see how it goes. I guess, we could… try.”

Byul grinned, “It’s a date.”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

I posted this on twitter before, but I tweeked it here and there. Inspired by Andar picture of wheebyul, I sort of wanting to make an office fluff between Wheein, a fashion designer for a sport line with Byul, the photographer / marketing director. Hwasa will be the model / Wheein's muse while Solar will be the CEO and spokes person. It's something light, with full on fluffy banter and a series of unfortunate dates between the two. 

I will need help coming up with a title for this one, cause I honestly have no idea. I with titles, as well as with description. 

Its much too short for a first chapter is it? 

-Gabe-