I was Waiting

Still the Same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Brrrr…. Brrr….

 

Jang Wooyoung groaned sleepily as he moved his hand around the bed to get a hold of his vibrating phone. He used to be a night owl and would’ve been perfectly fine to take a call at 2 in the morning if it was 2 years ago. But serving in the military fixed his odd sleeping habits to a normal bio clock, which is why he’s cursing whoever calling now to interfere with his sweet time of sleep. 

 

“Hello” He said coldly, without even trying to check the caller ID. He had the urge to ask who the hell are you but refrained from doing so. “Hello, is this Wooyoung oppa?” 

 

A girl’s voice came through the line and Wooyoung knitted his eyebrows to take a look at the screen finally, wishing it not to be another annoying sasaeng fan. What the… He shot up and sat on the bed as soon as he saw the caller ID. Sandara Park. And that’s her private mobile number. All kinds of thoughts rushed around his head. Oppa? That’s definitely not her… who would… He stopped wondering and put the mobile back in his ear. “Who is this? And why do you have Sandara’s phone?” The coldness in his voice had not disappeared but his sleepiness was sure as hell was gone without a trace. “I’m Ji Yeon, you remember at Dara unnie’s musical I asked for a sign? Please listen to me, it’s urgent.”

The girl’s voice was definitely trembling and Wooyoung noticed hints of fear in it. “Ok. Go on.” He moved his legs out of the bed and sat on the side, pressing the phone to his ear. Ji Yeon started to explain that since it’s the last day of the musical, all the cast and staff crew went out for drinks and that Dara was really sad to be parted with everyone. So after everyone went home, she wanted to go for a second round and dragged Ji Yeon with her. “She was really drunk, oppa... so I was gonna call a cab and send her home. I went to the cashier for a few minutes and when I came back she was gone!” Her  voice cracked. “I don’t know what to do. She had left her phone unlocked so I checked it and your number was the last one she has dialed...” The main dancer of 2PM got confused for a moment as to why she’d call him out of the blue, plus he didn’t receive any calls from her today. “She’s not with you right? I’m worried… I should probably call her manager… I’ll han-”

 

“No, wait” Wooyoung’s mind was racing fast, he knew Dara would get in trouble if her manager got to know that she got drunk and disappeared. But at this hour, she’d be in danger if she’s drunk and vulnerable. He was starting to get worried as well. “Tell me where you’re. I’ll come and don’t tell the manager, she’d get in trouble for going off.” Ji Yeon explained the location of the pub and it was a place that they both sometimes frequent on day-offs. Wooyoung quickly put on some clothes and hurried to the place mentioned. 

 

When he reached the place in his car, Ji Yeon was outside, pacing in front of the pub. As soon as he got out, she rushed towards him. “Oppa! What should we do? I don’t know why she just took off like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter