Chapter 2

A Messy Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“When did you drink so much?!” Mino complained as he tried to prevent Irene from falling down while searching into her bag for the keys.

“I’m fine! I only had two beers! You drank way more; you nowhere much sober than me you idiot” the girl fights back. And it was the truth except that she was a light drinker and it had been enough to mess with her head. “You didn’t have to bring me back to my house. I’m a 32 grown woman you should know.”

Mino dryly laughed as he finally found the keys allowing him to open the door. “Sure Jan. now get your y stupid inside, it’s cold you’re gonna get sick.”

Irene felt her stomach looping feeling nauseous all of a sudden, “please don’t say that word!” she said rushing to the toilet.

The boy followed inside only to make sure the girl would be fine, holding her hair as she emptied her aching stomach.

“Hard to believe it was only two beers,” he sighed petting the girl’s head tenderly as she finishes. He then grabbed a cup filled with water for the petite woman.

She drank silently never looking at the boy ashamed of the moment, how intimate it was and how much she wanted him to stay and just take her in his strong arms. As if he could read her mind the boy gently took the girl in an embrace.

“You should have some rest Bae Joohyun-ssi…” he said softly as he kissed the top of her head, before leading the way to her room putting the girl to bed. As she kept her hold on him, he chooses to simply lie down next to the girl still hugging her tightly.

“Why are you like this with me? I hate it!” she let out in a breath barely audible against his chest. “I hate it because you’re the biggest idiot on earth. You always act like the perfect boyfriend yet you don’t notice that I’m here, that I’m a girl who might catch those un-wanting feelings… I’m a 32 years old fool for being in love with such an idiot, for still being here by your side. I hate how much you make me feel in love without actually acknowledging that love…”

Mino was stone-cold sober by the unexpected confession and as he looked back down to the girl, he noticed that she was already knocked out. He didn’t know how to react so he simply withdrew himself from the girl before making his way to the door.

He only took one last glance to the girl, a soft smile on his lips as he realizes how beautiful she was indeed and how right she was.

“Maybe I am… an idiot. Mianhae noona.” He whispered, exiting the room.

 

 

*Bip Bip Bip*

Jennie smashed the engine buzzing begging her to wake up and face the day. But the thing was she didn’t want to. She didn’t want to open her eyes and witness how empty the house or her bed were without Jisoo by her side.

When she had came home last night, she had already left for her parents’ house, her luggage and some of her thing not there anymore.

It felt all too real Jennie thought as she scanned the room her eyes filling up with tears. She didn’t know what to do to get her girl back or if she could even allow herself to dream that it was still possible.

Jisoo had been clear enough, she had wasted her last chance last night when she had once again been too afraid to simply accept to live her life freely. If she closed her eyes she could relive the scene as she pushed herself out of her girl’s embrace. She couldn’t control herself, the touch, the thought of being seen, of being exposed and judge had burned her flesh the instant Jisoo had touched her.

She could see the hurt on her girlfriend’s face. She had seen it so many times, the hurt she pushed on her. She really wanted to take her in and hugged her but she couldn’t, they were in public how could she. She was a coward, she would rather see a guy flirt whispering sweet things to her girl than simply hug her in the middle of crowd.

She had enclosed her head with her arms trying not to imagine what will happen if the older girl find someone else to take care and love her how she deserves it.

Her phone’s ringtone took her back to reality. She tried to compose herself enough to control her voice before answering. It was her dad.

“Good morning my beautiful angel!” her dad’s cheerful voice echoed thru the phone. “Your mom wanted me to call and ask about when you’ll get here with your big brother? She said she wanted to go all western this Christmas with the menu. She even bought that big turkey! Can you believe that?!”

Her dad was the happiest she could hear it even thru the phone. Christmas was his favorite holiday by far.

“We’re leaving tomorrow night dad. We should be there on the 24th.” She simply replied to her dad.

“That a pity. I thought you would be here earlier.” Jiyong voiced out.

Jennie sighed, “I know… I just have some additional work to do before leaving for the holiday. But I promised that I will be there for Christmas with oppa and don’t worry dad.”

Her dad hummed on the phone. “So it’s just the two of you huh… what about Jisoo? Won't she come with you too?” he requested tentatively.

Jennie’s heart stopped once again, heartbroken at the mention of the girl.

“Hum… she… she went to her parents’ last night…” Jennie shared eyes closed to prevent more tears.

“That’s a pity too, I love the girl you know… you could have brought her if you had wanted too…” Her dad said after a short moment of silence.

Jennie didn’t find the strength to reply anything and she just let her dad continue, “anyway, I can’t wait to see you princess. You know that daddy loves you right?”

“I know dad and I love you too.” Jennie confessed feeling grateful for her dad. “See you in two days, bye dad.”

She ended the call, her eyes glued on a certain name on her call list. She knew the girl would never pick up her phone and even if she did she wouldn’t know what to say at this moment to win her back.

She inhaled deeply before letting all that frustration out. “I need a walk.” she heads to the bathroom before making her way out into the cold winter.

 

Rosé’s mind wasn’t in much more ease than Jennie that morning. The event of the previous night were still making her go crazy not to add those countless texts she had been receiving since she woke up from June.

Lisa had left in the early hours of the day to do God knows what but Rosé didn’t mind to have stay alone to think of the situation.

She knew that she loved Lisa deeply and with all her heart but she also couldn’t deny that she had kissed the boy back and this must say something at some point. She needed fresh air to prevent herself from going crazy.

She grabbed her phone and her coat before exiting the house. She was hit by the freezing wind outside who helped her to cool her mind.

She didn’t notice how long she walked before she felt the pain in her feet. She found some bench and decide to rest a bit there before heading back home.

“Chaeng?”

She turned around surprise to hear her name. Jennie was standing not far from the bench. “Can I join you?”

“Yes, of course,” she nodded, as the girl silently set beside her without another word. “I guess I wasn’t the only wanting some fresh air today.”

Jennie wore a sad smile, “Yeah, I guess so. Last night was kinda messy, I needed an escape.”

Rosé watched the older girl. “Do you want to talk about it unnie?”

“I don’t know… maybe it could help… or not… I don’t know I might be too late now anyway.” She said her eyes on the ground.

Rosé could sense that the girl needed some kinda friendly ear to confess to without any judgment. “Jisoo unnie left didn’t she?” she let out trying to help the girl into opening freely.

Jennie looked up at her, eyes watery. She didn’t know how long she would continue to cry like this or if she even had any water left for her to cry anymore.

“How did you knew?” she asked in disbelieve.

“unnie… it’s so evident that you two were in love with each other.” Rosé simply said. “We are friends for years, you’re my hubby I know you better than anyone. Well except for Jisoo unnie.”

Jennie smiled sincerely this time, she finally had someone to talk to.

“So, what happened?” Rosé asked the girl.

Jennie sighed “I’m a scaredy cat, too afraid to assume and be the best for the one I love. I give too much credit to others’ opinion and what society would say. She got tired of waiting for me to be brave enough and she dumped me last night after I lied to her about coming out.”

Rosé side hugged her friend, “you know as much as I can understand Jisoo unnie, I can get you too. It’s not that easy to give up on the freedom of anonymity and accept to be targeted and seen for only one aspect of our life.”

Jennie was surprised by her friend’s words, “you’re the last person I would have thought to ear that from. You look so happy with Lisa. I can't imagine you regretting anything.”

Chaeyoung awkwardly laughed at the statement. “I… I am happy with her… but sometime I wished things were different… or that I had a ‘normal’ 26yo life.” Rosé felt ashamed to have voice this out.

“Rosie…” Jennie whispered.

“I know I’m selfish,” Chaeyoung cover her face. “I love Lisa, I really do! But I found myself doing stuff I shouldn’t be doing instead and I think that it’s because I always wandered what it would have been like to not have settle this early in my life for something as strong as our love.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter