|4.| An invitation to a witches home

Practical Magic | xiuchen |
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting at the dining room table slowing flipping through pages of the latest magazine the boys grandmother patiently waited. She hummed a song and patiently waited like she has done for so many months since her passing when she decided to bind herself to their families home. 

"Hey grams what are you doing up so early?" Jongdae said. as he yawned scratching the back of his head. 

His fuzzy slippers and sleep pants dragged the floor as he walked towards the kitchen. Covering his bare chest in front of his grandmother he quickly grabs his robe form the rack beside the door. She chuckles and enchants the coffee pot to begin brewing a fresh cup for her oldest grandchild. 

"Ah you know it feels nice to get up early- not that you would know anything about that-" She jokingly nipped at the man. 

He rolled his eyes while grabbing a mug for himself. 

"What are your plans today?" He asked, as he pulled up a chair beside her.

His grandmother shrugs and continues to flip through her magazine.

"I'll probably tend to the house since it seems none of my grandchildren are going to be home until later tonight - unless I count Chan. I tell you there is no way I would die of boredom in this house between Baekhyn, Chan, and you I've got a full time job even though I'm dead." She chuckles.

Jongdae playfully rolled his eyes and takes another sip of coffee.

"Grams you don't have to look out for the house you know - death is supposed to be peaceful." He jokes. 

His grandmother clothes her magazine and looks at Jongdae playfully.

"Please even in death you two still manage to make my life unpeaceful." She continues to joke before glancing over to the next door neighbors window and begins to squint her eyes as if she's trying to spy.

Jongdae looks as well slowly sipping his coffe but his questioning glances begin to form into absolute horror when he notices a tall floppy haired man and a smaller brown haired man talking to Minseok inside of his home. They are talking and laughing too much for Jongdaes comfort. A slight feeling of annoyance begins to wash over him as he watches the pair be escorted towards the front doors and wave goodbye. 

"Have I ever told you how much I hated those two - I swear that haven't let that man have a single day to himself since he's moved into this town." He grouchingly says as his grandmother playfully slaps his arm. 

Before his grandmother even has the chance to respond the pair walk back into the house and attempt to quietly close the door behind them in an attempt to sneak back into the house they shaired. Without even noticing the pair that sat at the table in the kitchen they quietly walk in only to see Jongade and his grandmother sitting at the table wide awake. Jongdae with his arms crossed over his chest and his grandmother who sat anxiously awaiting the show that was about to occur in front of her. Chanyeol and Baekhyun both hauls in their tracks when they finally meet eyes. 

"Oh Chennie I didn't think you'd be up this early -" Baekhyun begins.

"We were just coming back from an early morning walk - nothing like getting an early start to the day!" Chanyeol finishes. 

Jongdae scoffs, "A walk? We just watched you walk back in from the neighbors house." 

Baekhyun sighs and plants his hand over his face as Chanyeol's face began to turn red. Their grandmother chuckled and stood u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter