Who's there?

The Heart's Reason

Years have already passed and I still don’t know any definite news of Taecyeon. Not that I’m searching for him. When you break up, there are always internet connections to know if that certain someone is doing well or not. You know if they found their significant other or something like that. Even the friends we shared know nothing about him. It’s as if he disappeared on the face of this Earth. I can’t say I’ve never been worried after that night. I realized that imaginations can be very scary. I don’t want to think of anything negative, it gives me the chills thinking that it can actually be a possibility.

Anyways, moving on, I’ve been doing pretty well for myself. I have a wonderful boyfriend, I graduated college on time, and I have a successful career. It’s all thanks to Nichkhun since I couldn’t have done it without him. Because of him, I was able to go enroll back into the University. He gave me the strength as a supportive companion. With a bachelor’s degree, I was able to become a fitness instructor. I guess it could seem a little strange. I mean out of the blue, I decide to pursue a career in that field, I understand. I chose it because I can help people stay healthy, both mind and body. I can keep a fit body and I get to interact with a lot of people. It’s actually really fun. Getting up in the morning has never been so fresh and alive for me. The downside about it would be the erts. That explains everything. My clients, my co-workers, even people who come once a month and claim they “exercise”, they’re all the same. They’re all wolves, howling for some y ladies.

And since I’ve been doing so well, clocking in on time every day, I got a week off. Nichkhun’s been planning for this trip for a while since it’ll be our three year anniversary. We’ve both been stressed out from work and not being able to get it on, if you know what I mean. But things were going to change for the best now. The time we’ll spend together in Bali is going to splendid! After the airplane landed safely, we got off to wait for our luggage and went straight out of the airport.

“It’s so pretty!” I exclaimed, stretching out reaching for the skies.

Nichkhun smiled, apparently satisfied with my happy reaction. “You like it?”

“Do I like it? I freaking love it!” I linked my arm with his and we skipped towards a nearby taxi.

We finally reached the resort we were going to stay in, thanks to Nichkhun’s English speaking skills. The staff there led us to our room when we checked in. The place was very fancy. We walked through a long open hallway where we could see how the entire place looked like. The rooms people reserve to stay in were on the other side surrounding a large pond. It looked so luxurious and clean so at first I thought it was a pool, but it wasn’t. Thin palm trees decorated the place and the dim orange lights just set the mood. It would probably look even more beautiful when it gets a little darker.

The first thing I did when I entered our designation was to look at the view. Through the window, everything was so magical! All the roofs were orange and slightly flat so it looked like cute little huts. I never knew such a place existed. It took my breath away. I could see the ocean from here but seeing how there weren’t any people in that region, the beaches must be somewhere else. The sky was shining and it was just too blue! And the grass was bright green, the colors contrasted so much but it complemented each other so well.

Nichkhun ordered late lunch for us from room service since we haven’t eaten a proper meal. When he put down the phone, I saw him give me a naughty smile. I knew what that look was. He came over, sweeping me off the ground. I squealed and let out a hearty laugh. He dropped me on the sofa and butterfly kissed me all over. It tickled a lot so by instinct, I tried to push him off of me. When it didn’t work, I tickled his rib cage and he jerked. We fooled around like that until a knock came on our door. Nichkhun got up to go answer while I laid there panting. Why was he so strong? My head dangled off the cushion trying to catch my breath.

“Who is it?”

“It’s room service, sir.”

“Oh, right!” The door opened revealing a young man holding onto a cart.

Nichkhun tried to hold on to his breath but the way his chest pumped up and down gave it away. Through his nose, the air getting inhaled and exhaled was loud already. The worker looked weirdly at him. “N-no, it’s not—Forget it…” Nichkhun breathed again. “Here’s your tip.” He then shut the door and turned to Hyunjin. “I embarrassed myself.”

I laughed. “Oh who cares? It’s not weird for a couple of young hot thangs to get it on when they’re on vacation. Now, bring it over here. I’m starving!"

“Hey give the remote control back!” I tried to get it but Nichkhun leaned too far away.

“The news is so boring~”

“You’re boring!” I stuck out my tongue and Nichkhun followed suitly.

“Alright, here you go short-y.”

“Thank you tall-y.” I switched back to the original channel and I paused. “... It’s going to rain tonight!”

“What? Is it raining tomorrow too?”

“I think so. There’s going to be a thunderstorm soon and I think only a drizzle tomorrow.”

“I guess that’s okay…”

I pouted. “Our plans are now ruined.”

Nichkhun pinched my cheek. “Let’s take a nap. I’m tired… I think it’s because of my full stomach.”

“I can’t go to sleep right after eating! It’s totally against my nature as a trainer!”

Nichkhun smiled. “Oh come on. You’re on vacation! Plus I always liked your little belly before.”

“No~ I never had that kind of past!” With that Nichkhun dragged me to the bedroom. He jumped onto the bed and patted the spot right next to him. I grinned, thinking about what I was going to do to him for teasing me. “Banzai!” I jumped on top of him trying to imitate the body slam.

“Umph! You’re so heavy!”

I gasped and smacked him on the chest. “You wish! You speak of lies!”

Slowly, as we shared a little conversation about nothing in particular, we drifted off to sleep. Like sweet babies with no funny business. And guess who I dreamt of, it was Taecyeon. To be honest, I’ve had a variety of dreams and nightmares about him. I was happy the way I am now but the dreams… They were indescribable. I looked so blissful. And those nightmares, I knew I was having them because I regretted the way I let him down. And now… I couldn’t distinguish it between whether it was a regular dream or a nightmare… At first, Taecyeon and I were smiling, having a lot of fun. Then all of a sudden, in a snap, I was chasing after him, only able to see his back.

KABOOM!

I twitched, obviously alarmed by the sound of this. I awoke with a little sweat on my forehead. Looking to my side, I see Nichkhun continuingly sleeping peacefully. I felt a little sad because I wasn't able to share my worries with him. I knew telling him this would just cause him feel uncomfortable. He’d think I’m unable to forget about my ex-boyfriend. Feeling stuffy inside this warm room, I grabbed a random cardigan and the room card-key. I walked through the hallway I once already did, trying to recall the directions. I reached the front desk sort of amazed by my own ability to remember so easily this time.

“Excuse me; is there a porch where I can just sit down for a while outside?”

“Yes, of course. Right this way, miss.”

“Thank you.”

I sat there on the bench, protected by the clear dome above my head. When it rained, I liked watching it. For me, it made feel me cleansed and refreshed. Something like, how religious people pray for their sins at church. It was already dark but the lights from inside reflected each raindrop. That’s when I saw him. I was sure of it. It was Taecyeon. His tall muscular frame, his strong jaw, his eyes, his… lips, all of it! Without even knowing, I was already on my feet getting ready to go after the shadow.

“Miss! You shouldn’t go out at this time of night especially when it’s pouring like this!”

I stopped to look back. “It’ll be quick.”

“It’s best to stay inside.”

“Someone went in that direction though; I just need to see who it is.”

“I don’t think that’s possible… No one is allowed to that part of the resort. The construction hasn’t finished yet… There should be a sign up too.”

The person’s voice just washed away from my ears. “I’ll be right back, promise.” With a smile, I ran in a rash manner. I didn’t know myself why I was behaving this way. Maybe it was because of that dream… It just bugged me. The rain came down on my head and it stung my eyes, I couldn’t see that well. I kept rubbing them hoping it wouldn’t hurt as much but it was no help. My sandals squeaked against my feet. When I arrived at the scene I was so sure that person had came to, I slowed down my pace.

“Hello? Is anyone there?” I yearned for any voice to speak up. I had to admit, it was a little spooky.

I repeated again. “Is anyone there—AAAH!” It seems like my foot got stuck, ugh, it hurt so much. I should’ve packed some socks and sneakers. As I moved it, I stumbled. I wasn’t able to balance myself. I felt myself falling to the ground. I gasped waiting for the blow to come. And it did, to my head. The blackness started to overcome my vision and my eyelids closed slowly. Why didn’t I just listen?

“Hyunjin—“

... Who is it...

HEADS UP ⌡
Is it him? Is it?! Lmao, I was thinking about how to write this chapter after the break up and everything, but I finally finished it! I feel so proud of myself, haha. I’ll try to write and post up a chapter tomorrow too. Tomorrow’s the day TOP and G-Dragon perform! I’ve been waiting for so long! Lmao, well only a week but who cares. I hope this chapter didn’t bore you guys too much. I wanted to catch you up on what’s been happening with Hyunjin and Nichkhun.

signing out,
мιηιввσηg