Happily Ever After?

The Heart's Reason

“Why didn’t you come to the airport? I sent you a text with the time that I was going to arrive… Didn’t you get it?”
I would’ve lied to save his feelings but what was the point? I was going to break his heart. I’ll be the by the end of this day. “I did but I didn’t want to drag it on.”

Taecyeon's voice rose a bit, she was confusing him. “Drag what on? I’m your boyfriend. It’s natural for you to come and see me.”

“…” I kept quiet; I didn’t know what to say or how to bring up the news.

“You know… You’ve been acting strangely ever since I left for Boston…”

“Yeah, I have to catch you up on what’s been happening.”

“If you’re still mad about me going alone, don’t be. I told you that you’ll be going later.”

“No… I don’t think I’ll be going, ever.”

Taecyeon definitely got a weird vibe at that point. “Did something happen while I wasn’t here?”

I didn’t waste any more time. “Let’s break up.”

I saw him stare at me, from his expression; I knew he didn’t expect this. He stuttered. “D-did I hear you correctly?"

Without blinking, I knew I had to come out strong. “Yes you did. Let’s end this now.”

“Why?”

“It’s not because I don’t love you, Taecyeon.”

“Then why? It hasn’t been even a month and you’re breaking up with me?”

“I found someone else.”

Taecyeon couldn’t believe it; he wished his ears were deceiving him. Breaking up was one thing but to hear that the love of his life betrayed him… It drove him crazy. “Was our love that cheap? To simply come to an end when some bastard comes in?”

“I feel he’s the person I need by my side. He was there for me when dad passed away…”

That’s when he knew and he didn’t have anything to say. He grasped the fact that when I hit rock bottom, he wasn’t there for me so I had held onto someone else. That was what he realized. Taecyeon felt ashamed. “But I’m here now.”

“I’m sorry…”

“If you had just called me… You know that I would’ve flown over here in a heartbeat.”

“I needed someone to lean on at the moment and he was there for me, Taec… I’m sorry.”

“Stop saying you’re sorry because we don’t have to separate… I can make it up to you. ”

“…”

“Hyunjin-ah, don’t do this to me…” Taecyeon couldn’t give up just like this. So desperate, he couldn't think of anything else and kneeled in front of me. “I love you…”

“I love you too Taec but I think I love him more… So stand up. I’m leaving.”

It was supposed to end but it didn’t. He followed me all the way home. I ignored him the whole time, hoping he wouldn’t make this more difficult than it already is. Going up the stairs that led up to the house, I could still hear the footsteps behind. I turned around, acknowledging his presence, “You should leave now…"

He didn’t move an inch. Figuring he’d leave after I go inside, I fidgeted with my keys and opened the door. Looking at him once more, I was about to close it but no, he wasn’t going to let me go that easily. Taecyeon blocked it, “Is that guy here?”

I frowned at his persistence. “Stop it, Taec. You’re making this hard for me.”

“Good.” Pushing the barrier between us, he got inside. When he shut it behind him, I forgot to take a step back to give him some room. We were close together. Forgetting everything that happened, I looked up at him. Was Taecyeon always this handsome? His eyes flickered as he saw my gaze.

“Hyujin, is that you?” The happy voice made me snap out of trance and immediately, I moved away.

“Yeah, it’s me.”

Taecyeon glared at the man, he was indeed a good looking foreign. “… Do I know you from somewhere?” He got that feeling where he was forgetting something, it just didn’t click though.

“No… I think this is our first meeting.” Nichkhun probably already knew this was my former boyfriend from the tense atmosphere.

Taecyeon shook that thought away. “So this is the guy?” He didn’t have to wait for my answer. Walking over to Nichkhun haughtily, he grabbed him by the collar. “Who the are you, home wrecking?”

I didn’t approve of his language towards Nichkhun. “Stop it Taec. We’re not even married so he wasn’t home wrecking anything.”

Taecyeon felt even more heartache from what I had said and focused his attention towards me after letting go. “Weren’t we that deep in our relationship?” When I stayed quiet, he continued. “Do you know how long we’ve been together? Do you really want to throw us away?”

Silently, I went over to Nichkhun to hold his hand. Understanding the message, Taecyeon couldn’t find the strength to continue. “Fine… I get it…” The floor shook as his feet thumped away and the door slammed extremely loudly.

I swore I saw Taecyeon’s red eyes and that shook me. I made him cry. For a minute I felt sorry and second guessed myself if this was the right thing to do. But Nichkhun nudged me. Looking at him, he smiled sweetly for me.

This is the guy who I want to spend my life with… Someone who my dad has seen and approved of… I’m sure of it… Let’s hope this story has a happily ever after ending, with only the two of us.

HEADS UP ⌡
Sorry if this was short than usual, it had a lot of dialogues. This chapter is basically the turning point, the . And I wanted to keep it straight to the point. Has anyone seen TOP and G-Dragon’s High High music video? I personally loved it. There were a lot of people who didn’t but hey, artists need to spread their wings. I keep replaying the song, it’s so addicting. I can’t wait for Big Bang’s comeback. I’m a hardcore VIP by the way.

signing out,
мιηιввσηg