tell me all your sweet little lies

Sweets to the Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejin doesn't kiss and tell, and Byulyi can hardly say a lie if the situation doesn't necessarily demand it. But they do lie, sometimes, both for the joy and the game between them two. 

They lie about their relationship more than they can remember it, though. 

1. Hyemin, the manager

Hyemin is one of a few knows about Hyejin's feelings to Byulyi, even before they are a thing. The maknae never admits it, but she's quite proud when finally manages to get a hold of Byulyi, effectively ends glory days of the manager watching over them, waiting whence would their tiny little heads blow up by the sheer tension of love. 

It's a small party among the staffs, a goodbye to Hyemin before she works with a new group, ONEUS. They need her experience and she didn't deny the offer (and the raise of salary comes with it). Wheein makes her promise to keep the Moobong pin on her bag always even if she left. Hyemin agrees with that too. 

The night has slowed down, alcohol consumed and lights dimmed, Byulyi is now observing Yongsun silently pissed off over the puppy clinging with their camerawoman, MMMTV-unnie, as they usually call her. Buzz also flowing in her system, so the rapper doesn't realize Hyemin is beside her from whenever. 

She flinches at the sudden question. 

"So how did you guys get together?"

"You scared me!", Byul whines, leaning further onto the counter. 

Hyemin chuckles, puts another beer on the marble top. "If you can take your eyes off Hyejin for one second, maybe you would be a better spy."

"I'm not a spy."

"You're Hyejin's girlfriend. So spill."

Urg, the determination. Byul rolls her eyes jokingly, and during the motion, her eyes met the copper orbs across the room. Eye to eye and electric running through her veins. 

Hyejin raises an eyebrow, questioning. Byulyi takes the beer bottle, brings it to her lips. 

She's actually weighting the options, if she should lie right through her teeth, or if she should be honest with their beloved soon-to-be-ex manager. If she lies, Hyemin unnie would know right away, without a doubt. But it would make a good story to tell in bed, maybe she can whisper it against Hyejin's skin tonight. 

So Byulyi turns around, a smirk lingering on her lips. "How we get together?"

Hyemin nods. The rapper can literally sees the expecting gleam in her eyes. 

"Hyejin stabbed me one morning with a butter knife because I knocked off her salad bowl, I proposed to her in the same day." she said, baring her teeth proudly. "Will tell our kids about the scar."

An arm wraps around Byulyi's waist before Hyemin can even react to the story, and a pair of lip, equally seductive, puts on the rapper's chin. "She deserves it, don't you stay on her side, unnie. I'd be so... disappointed."

Oh, Ahn Hyejin. Little minx. 

Grinning, Byulyi leans down to put a kiss on the younger's head, just in case anyone is looking. The smell of alcohol push her buttons in all wrong (or right?) places. The older murmurs into Hyejin's ear, chest voice rumbles lowly. "Hello there."

Hyejin chuckles, and Hyemin snarls at the same time. "Urg! At least come up with a better lie before decided to third-wheel me, y'all!", the manager groans, makes all three of them burst out laughing. 

Hyemin sends Byulyi a list of food that Hyejin can't eat (which is, to her surprise, a lot), and a guide of how to stay away from paparazzi the next morning. 

2. Dohoon, the boss

Hyejin doubts that the question wouldn't have come up if her lover didn't tickle her right outside the recording booth, so she wouldn't have biten Byul's arm that naturally. 

"So...", he starts, hesitantly. "You and Moonbyul..."

On the terrace, a.k.a Dohoon's favourite smoking area a.k.a Hyejin's favourite photo spot, it's almost sunset. The tip of her CEO's cigarettes is burning like the sun up there, Hyejin thinks. 

At the woman's absent-minded expression, the boss puffs a deep breath, then exhales out the smoke. It's been a few stressful days, they both need a break. If his singer doesn't want to share, he wouldn't force her to. 

They would know, anyway, sooner or later. Jinwoo would get informed about this relationship, it's a rule. To protect them from unwanted attention. Dohoon just doesn't want to be caught off-guard by the news. To be honest, this is the combination he expect the least. How on Earth--

"You're thinking about how we bond, right? No extra time to spare, no meeting outta workplace?"

He hums. When Hyejin looks at him, her eyes are tender, filled with an unexplainable softness that he's never ever seen, even when he took her home from the internet café after firing her.

He doesn't need to know she's perfected her expression skills by now. 

The singer whispers, as if telling a secret. "We aren't exactly hooking, if you can believe me."

"Oh- Um- What?"

Hyejin just shakes her head, takes her coat from the floor and flees out of the terrace in a matter of seconds, without any further detail. 

3. Sujeong, a close sister

Byulyi doesn't get the idea behind this team-parting. Okay, it is clear that Loser Crew gonna play dirty so Yongsun would have to do the dish. But why, right at the moment, the kids and her are gradually soaking themselves outside, and Byulyi is stuck with Sujeong in the kitchen, cutting watermelon and pomegranate? 

She isn't exactly close with Sujeong. Unlike with their Yeba, Byulyi doesn't get along well with this unnie's caring nature. Her girlfriend is a much better match with their ex-leader than she is. 

Knowing these two subjects in the above sentence was almost dating doesn't help raising Byul's affection rate to Sujeong at all. 

After minutes of silence, only the cheerful shouts from the yard, Sujeong stares at Byulyi. "When will you two tell me you're dating?"

Byulyi lets out a sigh. 

There. The tea. Has she mention beside being extra caring, Sujeong is also extremely observant as well? No? 

"I'm more curious about how you know, unnie...", Byulyi replies, her knife cut gets more aggressively. 

(unint

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter