Field Day of a Dispatch Agent

Sweets to the Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwangjin is excited, despite being way longer to be considered a rookie in this paparazzi business. Well, can you blame him, who wouldn't be excited if they have a day spent following the new IT girl of the nation? 

"Don't mess this up, 'kay?", an eyebrow raises at him. His boss calmly continues, hand still flipping the outline of Dispatch's new year plan. "It's questionable, the way we can't pull any thread on her. I hope you will turn the table."

The journalist cheerfully replies. "Don't worry, sir! I have eyes and ears around and it is confirmed that she booked random entertaining events in the city today, I hope to see a companion!"

"Yeah, just go. I'll see when you bring back your catch.", the boss dismissive waves him out, and Kwangjin counts it as a sign for him to start his works. 

Checking all his lens and covers carefully, Kwangjin opens his handbook, finger traces to a capitalize name.

HWASA

A smile drawn on his face. 

First destination, let's go! 

-

The Aquarium is awfully packed today, like every other weekend afternoon. Hwasa got out of her house at 1p.m, looked sleepy and dizzy, kept rubbing her eyes with the sleeve of her oversized sweater. A bucket hat covered most of her face, her signature long nails were nowhere to be seen too. Her bare face surprised Kwangjin but he didn't falter even a bit. With her national recognition, it would be better to stick with the less famous appearance, he thinks. Quietly clicked a series of photo, Kwangjin got on his car and followed the taxi Hwasa catched. 

She led him to the COEX Aquarium. 

Even though not as crowded as in summer, it's still hard to catch up with her pace without causing any suspicion. However, Hwasa doesn't seem to be waiting for anyone. Kwangjin has observed her petite backside for the past hour, and she just keeps going around the place with excitement of a sleepy five years old kid. 

Hwasa walks along the dark cave with her head up, watching colourful fish swimming above, and in a moment, he sees a glint of childlike happiness in her eyes. She frowns a bit at the piranha tank, especially when the employee drops a large piece of fresh pork under the water just for it to disappear after a few seconds. Even through the mask, Kwangjin can feel expression so clearly, as if she has no deal to hide her fear of it. He want to laugh at her scared flinch, clearly the idol just want to get away from the piranha show as soon as possible. 

She sighs when successfully escape to another section of the aquarium. Marine Touch Lab space sparks up her mood the most so far. When they've passed every normal fish with average size, it's time to explore the extraordinary.

Hwasa sheepishly walks to the shark tank, where two instructors are waiting for their next guest. Kwangjin has to say, the instructors are pretty kind since Hwasa doesn't say a word (or whispers really low) and they don't even judge her a second for that. With sleeve pulled up, for the first time of the day, there's something really Hwasa for him to know she's truly the one he aims for. Her tattoo fades a little bit under soothing lights. The idol timidly stretches out a hand and dips in the water. She shrieks in tiny, because of the cold or the shark that rub his head onto her palm, Kwangjin doesn't know. 

But an sudden urge to pull her back to safety builds up in his chest. 

I mean, she is just so... small and that shark is easy at the size of her height! 

But to his relief, Hwasa pulled back her arm after awhile with a giggle, and the same joyful look sparks again in her brown orbs. After being kindly dried by the employee, she is back in her snuggly sweaters, happy and warm. 

Okay, now he knows why her fandom babies her.

After considering really seriously at the gift shop, Hwasa leaves with two penguin figures in her pocket, a smile on her face and a paparazzi starts to have soft spot for her. 

-

Kwangjin has never been to Botanic Park. In any case, a weekend wasted in games and sports and drinking sounds much better than walking in the green. 

But apparently, Hwasa doesn't think so. 

She's even happier than when at the aquarium, skipping to the entrance after buying ticket. 

He's amazed. Truly, shockingly, honestly amazed. 

Trees and vines cover from the top to the bottom of the park, but in an organized way. He's done research on this landscape but in real life, its 12 separate sections represent 12 respective countries look even more magnificent than in photos. Hwasa plugs her earphones in and Kwangjin, doesn't know what to do, stupidly follows her like a lost puppy. There's a small chance today is anything else besides a relaxing day for her own self but for some reasons, the journalist can't find it in himself to leave. 

Hwasa caresses colourfu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter