A Midsummer Night's Dream

Sweets to the Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the night when none of the four were sober anymore. The staff of MooMoo Trip had left, giving them some private time after a long day filming. 

Moonbyul sighed contently, looking around their rented penthouse for the sixth-year anniversary. She must be the only one who still had some senses lingering around now. The silence pulled out random thoughts.

RBW had been generous with MAMAMOO lately, their CEO didn't even protest his artists' (read: children's) request to stay for longer than planned. As charming as the recording process was, it could wait another night, and the girls were more than eager to have another spare day, without any camera following. Do Hoon encouraged the idea. He must have noticed the weariness going among them. 

It was good, just the four of them hanging around, drinking alcohol like fish, talking nonsense and doing absolutely nothing. It always feels good, whenever they are together. 

At this moment, the floor was trashed with beer cans and shiny decorations and peach-flavoured cider bottles, and a "6" balloon bouncing aimlessly around the living room. They would have had an earful from Yong for this mess but even the leader was tipsy after way much more drink than usual. 

They really needed this day-off, didn't they?

"I wanna sleep with Yong-unnie tonight!", the third beagle in the house suddenly exclaimed, tightening her arms around the leader, her lover. 

Wheein's shout took her bandmates by surprise. Moonbyul had stopped lifting the beer can to her lips, her track of thinking interrupted, and Yongsun couldn't help but eyeing the younger curiously.

"Why though? You two," Yongsun said, pointed to the maknaes, one in her embrace and one had drowsily fallen asleep since whenever. "Sounds content rooming with each other, at least when I came across your room yesterday."

"Hmph. Hyejin kicked me in her sleep."

Yongsun rolled her eyes, wore an expression as if saying these-childish-kids, but Byul soon knew Dduni could never refuse the puppy, especially when the said puppy had already pouting. As predicted, Yongsun smiled warmly, leaned down to kiss the frown away. 

However, as lovely as they were, the rapper had no intention of being the third wheel tonight, thank you very much!

Standing up, Moonbyul chucked down the rest of her beer, groaned at the skinship. "Okay, that's enough, you lovebirds! Get the kingsize bed. Gonna take Hyejin to bed before she waking up to ya two making out."

"Hey!", the couple screeched, identical blushes dawned on their cheeks.

"Nuh-uh, shush, I have lost my trust in both your 'angelic personalities' after that accident."

"I SWEAR to God Moon Byuly--"

"Don't ing talk about the accident, I'm gonna throw up and it won't be nice cleaning at this state."

Them three startled at the new voice. The abandoned one, who apparently got woken up because of the argument, grumpily replied while standing up.

Here came the lion. 

Hair messy and eyes narrowed under bright lights, Hyejin didn't bother waiting for anyone's answer. The maknae teetered to Yongsun and Byulyi's room, fully aware of the new arrangement, then paused halfway, turned around. She stretched an arm to the blonde, tilting her head. "Don't you come, Byul-unnie?"

"Um, sure."

Hurriedly getting to the maknae, Byulyi clasped her hand with the younger right away. Just to keep her from falling, she thought. 

(she didn't even know why she herself felt the need to defend her action towards the younger one) 

(the other, however, knew very well

not that Byul knew of it) 

"Let's go, Hyejinie."

"Mhm, sure. Spend the night with someone who won't kick me out for a sleep kick will be better, though.", Hwasa smirked. She couldn't have a goodnight's sleep without some teasing, mostly towards Wheein. 

Before the protest of Wheein could fully be formed, Yongsun took action to bring her girl away, and Byul, even faster, pulled Hyejin to her room and shut the bedroom door close. 

Locking them in. 

Phew, World War III prevented, then.

-

Hyejin buried her face in the pillow that was still full of Yongsun's scent. Despite all the jokes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter