Lucky Charm?

She,Who Made Me

10 minutes ago…

“Do you want some,Chaengie?”

“Hmm?”

The cub looked up when she saw Mina who was elegantly tasting her wine that just arrived at their table a few moments ago.

“I’m not really good at handling alcohol…Are you good with them,Mina?”

“Hmm I guess hehe~But I like drinking~”

“Oh~Will you be okay then?”

Current time

“Whattt nooo~It’s just wine~I can handle it,Chaengie hic No worries~At allll~Like seriously”

“Miss,is there anything I can help you with?”

Chaeyoung turned to look at the staff beside them before she returned her gaze to the wasted Mina who had been smiling wide at her.

“U-umm…”

The cub took a look at her digital watch.3 hours before midnight.It looked like they couldn’t go back to the college like this.

“Should I book a room for you,Miss?”

The staff once again asked the girl.

“U-Uhh..Y-Yes..”

“Under Miss Myoui’s name?”

The cub hesitated before she nodded slowly due to Mina’s drunk condition.

“Noted,Miss..Well then,would you like to take a look at the room now or later?”

“N-now please.”

“Well then,please follow me,Miss.”

“Uh yes…Just a moment..”

Chaeyoung stood up from her seat before taking Mina’s purse in her hand.

“Chaengie~Where are you goingg~”

“Cmon,Mina…I’ll help you to stand up.”

Chaeyoung handed Mina a hand before the wasted girl gladly took with a grin on her face.

“Chaengie~So kindd~~”

Seeing how Mina couldn’t bring herself to stand up properly,Chaeyoung made up her mind to just carried the penguin in her arms.

“M-Miss?Do you need some help?”

“No,it’s fine I can do this.”

Thanks to her workout routine,Chaeyoung could carry Mina despite her petite figure,while the girl laid her head on the cub’s chest,not realising the fact that the girl’s heart was about to jump out of her chest.

“Chaengie so strong too ehehe~”

“M-Mina”

Chaeyoung could swore how her face felt so hot due to Mina’s boldness when she’s drunk.

“Miss?”

“Uh yes?”

“Please follow me.”

The staff once again lead them to the elevator where it stopped at the 42nd floor.

“Here it is,Miss…Room 921 for you and your girlfriend…Do you need anything else from me?”

The man handed Chaeyoung the card which she took after some struggling due to Mina’s presence in her arms.

“No I-I guess but she isn’t my-“

“Well then,I’ll go first…Enjoy your night,Miss.”

He smiled and bowed,leaving the girls without hearing out Chaeyoung who could just sighed.Sliding the card,the door was finally opened after a few seconds.

ting

“Pheww…”

The cub closed the door with her leg before heading to the king sized bed near the window.Carefully,she laid Mina who was already asleep down on the bed.She eyed the Japanese who was in her sleep.She looked so calm,Chaeyoung thought to herself.

“So beautiful…”

Placing her hand on the woman’s feature,Chaeyoung gently caressed Mina’s face while her eyes then went down slowly,landed on the Japanese’s plump lips.

“What is this…”

The night is quiet.The only thing Chaeyoung could hear was her own heartbeat that was beating way too loud while her body sweating when the air conditioner was on.She just drank some water while they were having dinner and yet was still dry.Chaeyoung swallowed the hard lump down, her lips.Her thumb was already touching Mina’s lips when the girl suddenly moved.

“Chaengie~

“M-Mina?”

“Hehe what are you doingg~

“I-I’m sorry I swear I was j-just-“

“Kiss me.”

Hearing the sudden command,Chaeyoung’s eyes widen.

“W-What?”

The Japanese grinned.

“Kiss me,Chaengie..”

Once again,Mina added before falling back asleep as if nothing happened,snapping Chaeyoung back to the reality.

“H-Huh?”

Chaeyoung froze,trying to figure out what just happened.

“M-Mina?”

“…”

Shaking her head,Chaeyoung sighed as she put the cover over Mina before throwing herself on the couch there.She shut her eyes as her hand massaged her temples.

“What am I even doing…”

With both of them drifted off to sleep,their dinner ‘date’ ended there.

9.00 A.M.

Cheer up baby cheer up ba-

The only sound that could be heard that morning stopped when a certain young lady picked up the call which who knew how long it had been ringing.

“..yes..hello..who is this…?”

She spoke with her hoarse voice while her eyes were still closed until her ears received a very familiar voice on the other line.

“Oh my gosh,Mina baby~Thank goodness finally you picked up the call.Where were you last night,honey?Me and your dad had been calling you for hundred times…Sana too…Mr.Lee told us that you and your little friend was supposed to show up before midnight…But you guys never did….Are you okay there?”

Hearing bullets of informations been thrown at her in that early morning,Mina massaged her head,trying to recall what happened last night before her memories finally rushed to her mind after some moments.

“Huh?Last ni-“

Starting from the moment where she was having a dinner at a hotel before she passed out after drinking the wine and Chae-.Mina’s face turned scarlet as she immediately sat up.Scanning her surrounding,it looked like they stayed in the hotel but where was the other girl?Her presence was nowhere to be seen.

“Mina,honey?Is everything alright?Tell me where are you…Do you want us to pick you up?”

The woman on the call asked the girl another question despite her previous ones were still left unanswered.

“Mom…I’ll call you back later…”

The Japanese hang up the call while her memories came one by one to her mind.She really did that to Chaeyoung?Asking such bold stuffs.Mina covered her flushed red face with her palms.There’s no wonder that Chaeyoung will leave her all alone here after all of that.She deserved it.Tears started to form in the Japanese’s eyes before something hit her mind.

“But,Chaeyoung…Last night…”

Mina looked up as the memories when Chaeyoung was caressing her lips appeared on her foggy mind.

“Is that true?Did that really happen?

Mina looked down.She was still fully clothed.Nothing really happened.Was it?

The girl asked herself when a sound interrupted her thoughts.The front door was being opened,revealing that petite figure Mina knew very well.

“C-Chaengie…”

The mentioned girl then turned around,her hand was carrying a plastic bag with some pills bottles looking in it.

“Mina…You are awake.”

Chaeyoung walked to the Japanese who was still on the bed.Handing the plastic bag to the girl,she added.

“I’m…I’m sorry for leaving you alone just now…I went out to buy this painkillers…I-I mean you might have headache from last night so…”

“Thank you,Chaengie…”

Mina took the plastic bag before keeping her eyes on the bed as she continued.

“I was the one who was supposed to apologise…We were supposed to have a good dinner yet here you are,taking care of me..Again..I’m sorry,Chaengie..”

She looked up with her eyes on the edge of crying.However,before the tears could fall on her cheeks,Chaeyoung wiped the beads with her thumb.

“It’s alright…Do you remember…anything from last night,Mina?”

That question.Mina opened to answer that somehow just ended with not even a single word got out of it.

“It’s okay…At least,you are okay now..You should take the painkiller,it would help you feel better then later,we can eat our breakfast…The hotel staff said it will arrives here anytime by no-“

ding dong

“Oh it’s here,you wait here,Mina…I’ll get the door.”

Mina’s POV

She looked down.There was some kind of expression on her face I couldn’t bring myself to read.As she turned around,she paused for a moment.My chest hurt.Why did I lie again to her?Why can’t I bring myself to tell her the truth.She looked like she was ready and willing to know everything and yet here am I,afraid of my own shadow.

End of Mina’s POV

Chaeyoung grabbed a chicken sandwich on one of the plates in front of them before starting to munch on it.Her facial expression didn’t show much but she somehow looked like she loved the sandwich a little too much when she picked her 3rd one.

“Mina?Why aren’t you eating?”

Said the girl with full of her breakfast.Seeing that childlike Chaeyoung,Mina couldn’t help but to giggle.She shook her head while her hand went to grab a plate of pancakes before she poured some honey on them.

“I will,now.”

Both of them enjoyed the silence they were having while eating together again like this in the morning.They didn’t need the talk more when their gaze for each other spoke louder than anything yet neither of them dare to mention it.The only thing they could do was having their actions hinting every little feelings.

“Mina”

The hungry cub called for the penguin.

“Hmm?”

“You have something on your face.”

“Eh?I do?”

Mina tried to wipe whatever that was on her face when she heard the younger.

“No it’s not there..Let me…”

Extending her hand to the older’s side,Chaeyoung let her thumb did its work,wiping the honey off Mina’s corner of the lips.

“There…”

The Korean then looked up when her thumb was still on Mina’s lips,causing her to witness the Japanese’s face went flushing red.Their eyes then met each other while the memories from last night replayed back on both of their minds.

“Oh…”

Silence dominated the situation.The only sound reached their ears were their own heartbeat chasing each other’s pace.

“Chaeyoung…”

Mina muttered the girl’s name.With the staring competition went on,the Japanese took Chaeyoung’s hand which was still near her face before leaning closer.An inch before her lips met the thumb for the second time that day,an intruder came between the girls.

Cheer up,baby~Cheer up,baby~

“Y-Your phone,Mina.”

“O-oh yes…”

The Japanese let go of the Korean’s hand at last before getting her ringing phone,leaving the other girl drown in her thoughts.

“I-I’ll go first,Mina…”

“Y-yes see you,C-Chaengie.”

Chaeyoung’s POV

I bid a goodbye at Mina as I let my feet brought me to the way where my room was while my mind kept repeating the day which I spent with Mina.Each moment of them made my heart raced like it was in some sort of competition which I never knew existed.This feeling I’m experiencing,I want to know more.I want Mina to tell me more about it.I want her to show me more because I know she’s the only one who had the ability to do so.

End of Chaeyoung’s POV

A week later…

“Hello again,everyone~~Jihyo isn’t here today so we get to do anything we want yey~~”

The bunny teeth girl grinned with an ‘evil’ plan oh her mind which didn’t even last long when the girl beside her popped her imaginary bubble.

“Did you forget,Nabong?Jihyo said to tell the girls about our college festival,remember?

Hearing the not so sudden task,Nayeon nodded her head slowly.

“Ohhhhh…Nope I don’t remember..What did she tell us tho?”

A sigh slipped out of Jeongyeon’s mouth as she shook her head.

“Pabo~”

The girl pinched the bunny’s cheek,making the girl winced and pouted her lips before she faced their club members who were just watching them silently since the beginning.

“I’m sure you all have heard about our college festival,2 months from now to be exact.So,Ji-The vice president said it would give the club and you guys benefits if any of us participate in the closing show.You can either team up with the members of the club or make your own individual performance and both will give you benefits for yourself and the club you’re from.If anyone’s interested,you can get the form from me and Nayeon.So,any questions?”

Someone raised their hand up in the air as several pairs of eyes then landed on the owner of the hand.

“Tzuyu?

“Is it a must?”

“Oh no,it’s not~Join if you want to~”

Hearing the explanation,the tall girl nodded as she switched back to her quiet self before Jeongyeon ended their meeting there after pointing out some more important informations about the festival.

A few minutes later…

Perhaps it’s the warm weather causing that certain someone to act some sort of way for the first time.Or perhaps it’s the lucky charm that the squirrel bestie gave Mina this summer becoming the cause.Even so,either of the reasons,the penguin would be lying if she said she wasn’t feeling even a bit of happiness about it.

“Can I get your phone number,Mina?”

“W-Whatt?”

- To be continued -