Unknown Reason

She,Who Made Me

“Chaeyoung~Yarr~~Son Chaeyounggg”

A little girl with two cute ponytails turned her head around as she heard her name was being called,leaving her unfinished drawing on the tiles floor.Her tiny hand was holding a crayon with some of it somehow got on her adorable face when her round eyes caught another 3 older girls in front of her.

“Yarr~I thought you only can’t laugh..You can’t hear us too huh.”

One of the girl stated before she took the little girl’s drawing.

“What is this?You drew this?”

Passing the drawing to her other friend,she continued.

“It’s ugly,isn’t it?”

The girls laughed while Chaeyoung just looked at them,not even saying a word.

“Ahh this is boring…Should we try to make her cry haha~”

“Chaeyoung robooo~~”

“Heartless Chaeyounggg”

“Boring Chaey-“

The girls carried on with their bullying before suddenly a cute stern voice shouted,stopping them.

“Stopppp”

Abnormality.Emotionless.Odds.Flaws.Words that described Son Chaeyoung the best in others’ eyes.The unability to feel emotions that Chaeyoung had adapted in her life since the past incident.She had already accepted the lack of that part where others have but she didn’t.She’s been living with this imperfection of hers for 15 years and nothing had been wrong with it.Although some people despised her just for it while some people gave her the sympathy they thought she needed,the cub had always been doing fine.Always.But now that a girl appeared in her life out of nowhere,everything about her had been a mess since then.Her mind is tight,there’s no more usual empty space that had been there,only thoughts of the girl that lived rent free inside her head.Her chest is hurt,hurting of the heartbeat that won’t calm down every time the girl crossed her mind.Her whole body is shaking.It’s hot and cold.Chaeyoung couldn’t stay still and right now,suddenly a warm liquid slowly ran down her cheek when both of their eyes met in the middle of the ballerina’s performance.

“C-Chaengie?”

The ballerina stopped her every movement as the cub in front of her concerned her more.

“Huh?Yes?”

Slowly,she approached Chaeyoung a step by a step.

“What is it,Mina?Why did you stop?”

Mina bent down as she shortened the gap between her and the art student.

“Y-you”

“Huh?Me?”

“Your eyes…”

She held her hand out before placing it on Chaeyoung’s warm cheek.

“W-What are you doing?What’s going on?”

Getting on her knees,she gently wiped the crystal clear liquid off of the artist’s flawless skin.

“You’re crying..”

“Huh?I what?”

Another tears fell from Chaeyoung’s eyes.

“You’re crying..Why are you crying,Chaengie?”

Mina looked into Chaeyoung’s eyes that are now pooled with tears.The younger’s face was somehow unreadable when she tried to deny what just happened.

“I-I’m not…T-That’s impossi-“

Tears began to stream down Chaeyoung’s face while the words that she was about to spill out,got stuck in .Her chest suddenly got tighter as pain dominated her.Her mind was blurry with some old memories that were suddenly being played over and over in her head.

“Hahhh M-Minaaa i-it *hic* it hurts…”

Chaeyoung held Mina’s hand that was on her cheek as she stared into the girl’s eyes,demanding answer for her situation.

“What is t-this hahh M-Mina”

“C-Chaengie”

The Japanese cupped Chaeyoung’s face,trying to figure out what was happening.

“I-I M-Min-“

Warmth.

“It’s okay,I’m here.”

Her hands engulfed that fragile body in her warm and safe embrace.With these dirty tears she offered Chaeyoung to stain her clothes,Mina pulled Chaeyoung tighter,squeezing her body while she whispered her,telling that everything is going to be alright.Although it’s still hurting inside of the artist’s chest with the heartbeat that seemed to rise high but perhaps it is really going to be alright.Being hugged by each others’ warmth like this.The tears of the cub that seemed like they’re not going to stop.Sweet words of whispers that came from the ballerina with none of them really know what was going on.They just sticked close to each other while time passed by before their moments came to its stop.

“-ingy like I can’t even sit a seat far from her!Can you believe that Chaeng??”

The tofu finished her sentence off before she faced her friend that was literally spacing out the whole time.

“Chaengggg”

“Huh?Yeah?”

“Did you listen to my story just now?”

“Story?”

The cub asked,trying to figure out what Dahyun meant by that.

“Tch I know you didn’t..I said Sana is so clingy~I can’t even sit a seat far from her…She always try to hug me and cling onto my arms..I mean like,I wonder if she’s gay or something.”

Hearing the complain,Chaeyoung unconsciously her sudden dry lips.

“W-what do you mean gay?”

“I mean like you know…A trend nowadays…Where people date the same gender as them..I mean eurgh don’t they know that is a sin tho…”

Disgust somehow was written all over the tofu’s face as she imagined those kind of people.

“I was just there to discuss about the art project but she harasses me every time…”

Silent was the only thing Chaeyoung could do.The topic somehow made her heartbeat faster again although she didn’t know why.Perhaps it was because the memories of her spending time with Mina popped up on her mind.To believe that she actually shed tears,expressing and feeling something for the first time ever because of Mina the last weekend,it was too impossible that it did happen.Mina even comforted her by embracing her tight,staying by her side until the night arrived.Chaeyoung still couldn’t believe it.For the past week,she tried to avoid Mina as possible as she could.She couldn’t guarantee how she would act if she met her now after all of that.She didn’t even attend their club meeting,let alone finishing the project.Even the slightest something that related to the girl would make the heat attacked Chaeyoung’s face eventhough she knew her usual self would never behaved this way.But this is her recently self we are talking about,the self after Chaeyoung’s very first encounter with Mina.

“Chaeng”

“Yeah?”

The cub answered while half of herself was still in her own world,meanwhile her hand was dribbling something on her sketchbook.

“Isn’t that Mina eonnie?Oh yeah did you finish your project with her?The meeting is next week,right?”

“Yeah…”

“Oh really?We still have much t-“

“Mina???”

Chaeyoung’s head snapped ahead when her eyes then caught the figure that held her through out the hell she experienced.

“M-Mina”

Chaeyoung mumbled to herself.

“Yeah I told you so~But why are you calling her so informally like that?Since when di-Wait where are you going?”

Dahyun questioned when the petite girl beside her suddenly stuffed all of her things inside her backpack before immediately rushed to the front.

“Yarr Son Chaeyoungg”

The cub completely ignored the tofu when she just went with her plan.She wasn’t ready to face Mina.Just not yet.

“-an do that,Mr.Park…And perhaps we shou-“

Mina’s POV

This scent.I turned my head as I saw that small frame,rushing out of the class.She didn’t see me.No.Her steps were fast.Her eyes were glued to her way.She’s avoiding me.Clearly.But,why?Chaengie.My heart felt the sting pain again as I clenched my jaw,looking down at the random papers on the table.Maybe it was my fault for taking it too far.

End of Mina’s POV

Chaeyoung’s POV

I threw my things on the table before dropping myself on the mattress.Crossing my arm,blocking my sight,I shut my eyes as I inhaled.

thump thump thump thump thump thump

“Crazy.I’m going crazy.”

Opening my eyes,I let them stared into nothing while my thoughts sunk me again.That wasn’t necessary,was it?Running away from her like that.I sat up straight when my wondering eyes found the first living painting I created.Taking it in my hand,I sat back while I eyed the painting of the girl who I ran into today.She’s dancing in her one shoulder black dress with her hair that she wore down.Ordinary look yet stunning to Chaeyoung.Her expression was incredible.Lonely yet overflowing.Each moves she took was filled with nothing but her feelings.Every tiny bit of her emotion she’s pouring into her performance,it was undescribable.

“Feelings hmm..”

End of Chaeyoung’s POV

It’s Tuesday night.A night before the day for the art club meeting once again where they would for sure asked about the project and Chaeyoung couldn’t avoid them any longer.She still needed to continue the project with Mina soon and just by thinking about it,Chaeyoung just couldn’t bring herself to sleep.It didn’t matter how many lambs did she count,she just couldn’t fall asleep.There were too much on her plate that she couldn’t eat them all at once.Plus with the thought of she’ll be meeting Mina tomorrow wasn’t helping her at all.Her chest got tight again and so did her mind.

“-aeyoung~Chaeee”

“Huh?Y-yeah?”

“What’s wrong?You’ve been staring at nothing for a while..”

“O-oh really?”

“Yeah..You’re acting very strange too nowadays…”

thump thump

“W-what do you mean?”

“I don’t know you’ve been reacting more often and even reaction that you never did..I mean,like right now…You’re stuttering a lot..”

“I-Isn’t it normal t-to stutter tho?”

Chaeyoung gulped down as beads of sweat forming on her forehead,meanwhile Tzuyu just watched her doing so.

“It is normal to stutter and stuffs for other people but you…”

Tzuyu paused for a moment.

“I’ve been with you for more than 10 years,Chaeyoung-ahh…Did something happen to you that I didn’t know?You know I’m here for you even if you never ask me to..”

Tzuyu turned her focus back on the book she was reading as she muttered something to herself.

“No..nothing..It’s just..”

The cub went silent.

“Say Tzuyu…What does it feel to feel?”

Hearing the question instead of an answer,Tzuyu froze.

“So…She never laughed?”

The Japanese tilted her head,confusion was all she could think about.

5 minutes ago…

“Good eveninggg~~”

The squirrel skipped happily as she entered the clubroom before her eyes caught her usual target that was busy talking to someone.

“-hy I want to be her friends.”

“Oh Sana~Good evening~Where’s Mina?”

Jihyo questioned Sana who’s now already clinging onto Dahyun,ignoring the vice president completely.

“Dahyunniee hehe~~I mishh youu~~~”

“S-Sana nooo I’m talking to Tzuyu and don’t hug meee eurghh”

Dahyun tried to push Sana away,just for the Japanese to tighten her embrace.

“Nope you aren’t gonna get away if you didn’t tell me what you were talking about with Chewy~”

“Eurghhh fine fine I’ll tell you but step away please~”

“Hehe okiee~~”

Current time…

“So…She never laughed?”

The Japanese tilted her head,confusion was all she could think about.

“Yeahhh that’s why I wanna be Chaeng’s friend~~To make her laugh but she never did~”

“Ehhh..How do you know that?”

“She never laughed every time I make funny faces..”

Dahyun sticked out her tongue while she stretched the corner of her eyes,trying her best to make the cub in front of her laugh which she did not even letting out any tiny giggle.

“Please don’t bother me…”

Chaeyoung stated,uninterested with anything the dorks were discussing about.

“ahahahahaha~~Dahyunnieee~You look silly~~~”

Sana playfully slapped Dahyun before she stopped all of sudden,as if something just rang the bell in her head.

“Ouch…”

“But then again…Chewy never laughed too I think…”

The squirrel bent her body to match her height with Tzuyu who was sitting on the couch before she leaned in slowly,trying to see the girl from up close,causing Tzuyu to blush simultaneously.

“W-what are you doing??”

Tzuyu turned her head aside,avoiding Sana’s gaze.

“Awww but she’s shyyy now~~This is the first time that she reacted like this~~Awww Chewyyy~~”

The cheerful squirrel then hugged the girl tight with a big smile flashed on her face,meanwhile the girl trying her best to escape.

“N-no I’m not and m-my name is Tzuyu not Chewy.”

“That’s kinda gay tho haha…”

Seeing Sana’s action,Dahyun suddenly voiced out her thoughts without thinking,ending up almost screwing herself up when Sana faced her with an expression that was way opposite from her usual self.

“I’m sorry,pardon?Gay?”

“Well yeah..kind of”

Dahyun shrugged her shoulders while her eyes wondered elsewhere,not daring to meet the Japanese.

“Oh yeah?So?The point is?I-“

“Okay,that’s enough.”

Jihyo cut the conversation off,changing the subject quickly,while others just watched them silently.

“Where’s Mina,Sana?”

The vice president continued.

“Oh Mina-chan..I forgot to tell that she’ll be a bit la-“

“Mina-channn you’re heree~~”

The squirrel’s eyes finally lit up once again upon seeing her bestfriend.

“Hey Sana”

Mina replied with her usual gummy smile while her eyes then found the person she was dying to meet since their last encounter.

“Okay great now that everyone’s here~Let us discuss about the project~So Saidatzu group..How is it going?”

“We’re mostly done…Thanks to that person’s help I guess..”

Sana rolled her eyes.

“Well..I guess it’s good that at least gays do know how to thank people…I thought they’re too busy asking for their ‘rights’”

Dahyun fired back,iginiting the flame inside of Sana on purpose.

“Heyyy watch yo-“

“Stop there.Please.I don’t want us to argue like this.Dahyun,please watch your words and Sana,be patient please…I hope both of you will find ways to communicate better later.And Tzuyu.”

Jihyo called out for the youngest,who’s been minding her own business since the beginning.

“Please help me to watch for them…I assigned you guys this project to make you know each other better after all.”

“Yes,Jihyo eonnie..I will do that.”

“Great thanks~So now,Michaeng.How’s yours going?”

“…”

The duo hang their head low,not even one of them tried to open their mouth.Seeing that,Jihyo sighed.

“Relax,Jihyo…Don’t be so hard on them..”

Jeongyeon who’s beside her tried to loosen the tight situation.

“Yeah,Jihyo…Let’s give them a bit more time to get to know each other..”

“It’s okay,I’m fine,Jeongyeon,Nayeon eonnie..But,guys…Please coorperate…I know this is just a club but still…Try to find your ways to work it out,okay?I really want to see your creativity in this…”

The vice president paused for a moment as she gave the girls a warm smile before continuing her sentence.

“I will give you guys another 2 weeks,take your time and I guess maybe it’s the best to end our meeting here today.So,good luck and have a nice day.”

“See you,girls~~”

The bunny bid the members of the art club a goodbye before she chased after Jeongyeon who’s already leaving.

“Sus”

“Oh please,Dahyun.”

“What?”

“Just quit it,I’m done.Let’s go,Chewy~”

“W-wait I’m coming tooo~~”

“B-but Chaeng.”

“It’s okay,Mina-chan has to discuss something with Chaeng~”

Sana dragged Tzuyu along with her,leaving the two girls and only them in the now empty clubroom.

“What…”

“Chaengie?”

Chaeyoung’s POV

The end is finally here.I couldn’t run anymore.That soft voice that whispered me nothing but pure encouragement,that hand that held me close through out our time together.They’re here again,seeking the unknown reason from me,who’s worse.

End of Chaeyoung’s POV

“We need to talk.”

- To be continued -