Final

Shadow of Love (A Heart Borrower)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three Months Later .....

 

Haeun looked through the glass door from her shop to see outside view. It's Christmas night. The city became busier than usual as couples and families came out to have awalk, visiting night illuminations that is decorated only in Christmas season. 

Seeing the joyful faces on everyone's faces, Haeun wanted to have a walk on this Christmas night too. She closed her shop early, put on warm clothes then started walking inside the paradise-like city. 


"It's so beautiful... It'd be happier to have a partner accompanying with... This life, I know I will never be able to have that partner who we call soulmate... And Minki, how have you been doing these few months? I miss you so much." as she thought of her lover, she started sobbing again on a crowded street. 


"Don't cry!" a voice be heard. 

suddenly there was a big Mickey Mouse doll appeared in front of her.

She looked at the doll and soon felt familiar with it. 

"Would you like some candies?" the man inside the doll asked her. 

Haeun waved her head with a smile to refuse his offer. 

"It's very beautiful night. It's Christmas night. You shouldn't cry like this." said the Mickey Mouse doll. 

Haeun remained silent. 

"Alright, I'm a Mickey Mouse who comes to bring joy to everyone in this Christmas night. I'll make you smile. I'll dance for you." the Mickey Mouse started dancing, got Haeun surprised. Haeun felt more familiar with the dance. She used to see it when Minki wore it and danced in front of her a few months ago. 

She started enjoying the performance and clapping to cheer for this Mickey Mouse.

A moment later, many people came to watch the dancing Mickey Mouse too. They all cheered and clapped for Mickey Mouse. 

After finished the dance, Mickey Mouse bowed to the crowd. "Thanks everyone for watching and cheering for me!... By the way, I'd like to ask for your favor one. Will you help me?"

"Deeee.... Ok"

The crowd shouted to agree with his request in harmony. 

"Thank you!!!" Mickey Mouse thanked then started taking off his Mickey Mouse's head. 


"MINKI?" Haeun startled to see Minki was the man in Mickey Mouse doll. 

Minki soon smiled to her softly. 

"I would like to take this wonderful night and all beautiful people here to be my witness..... I'm going to propose to the girl I love more than my life, the girl I can die for if she asks me to....." he said to the crowd. Everyone became so touched, listening to him. 

Haeun was lost. She still couldn't believe her eyes that Minki is here in front of her. 

Minki slowly walked to Haeun. 

"My propose 5 years ago was so poor. It was inside the kitchen. It's nothing romantic so this time I want to make it romantic and have many people to be my witness." he said to her with emotional eyes. 

"Do you think I have forgotten about you? How could I, Haeun? You're the person I want to remember the most. I never forget you no matter how many times I have to change my heart." Minki revealed his fake loss of memories to her. 

Haeun was stunned with the reality she was facing. 

"I'm back to you to proof you that I'm not loving you because of having Minhyun's heart. I love you from my real self. Like now, my love for you is unchanged. I love and miss you so much, Haeun." he burst in to tears, got many people in tears too. 


Then he slowly kneeled down in front of her. He took out a small box and opened it. A beautiful diamond ring appeared and everyone started making noise. 

"Haeun, would you marry me?" he proposed her. 

Haeun remained silent. She kept sobbing, looking at her beloved man in disbelief. 

"Come on you can't reject or I'm gonna lose my face in front of everyone here." Minki tried to make joke. 


Haeun rushed to hug him. "Minki, I love you. Sorry for everything!"

"I know you love me but can you say YES to my proposal first?" Minki insisted in joking way. 

Haeun release the hug and looked at him. "... Do I deserve you?" she asked with tears. 

Minki nodded with a smile. "We deserve each other because we remain loving each other even though it took 5 years for us to meet again. Don't you think we're born

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter