Three

Shadow of Love (A Heart Borrower)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Minki-ah, please comeback to me and let's get married! I miss you. Minki-ah, I'm the most terrible girl in the world, right? I'm sorry....." -Haeun-

"Haeun-ah, stop torturing yourself! Please eat something!" Haeun's sister and family tried to persuade her to eat something as she has been refusing to eat for many days already. 

"Has Minki eaten yet? How is he today? Is his heart still hurt? Has he woken up yet? I miss my Minki so much. If he wakes up, please tell him to come to me. I'm waiting for him. Hik hik Minki ah....." -Haeun-

"My dear Haeun, please don't be like this! I'm sure he doesn't blame you. It's his choice to take Minhyun's heart out and insert heart transplant instead. You didn't tell him to do. Don't be too sad! I'm so worried about your mental health." her mother cried, begging her. 

"I called him a borrower. I called him shameless to steal Minhyun's heart. I called him heartless..... All in all I chased him to die. I'm the worst. I should die instead. Please kill me! Please let me die!" Haeun lost her control. She got off from her bed then ran to hit her head to the wall. Her family rushed to stop her. 

"Haeun, don't be like this! Oh god blood blood, help my daughter please!" said her parents. 

"Haeun, you're breaking our parent's hearts. Stop it!" said her sister. 

"It's still less than Minki. He took out his heart because of me... He must be so hurt till he fell into coma. Hik hik what if he doesn't wake up again..... Minki ah, even it's heaven or hell, please take me with you. Please comeback to me! I can't live without your love. I can't breathe without you here. My love, please forgive me and comeback." Haeun kept bawling her pain inside her family's embrace. 

"I'm sorry, Minki....." she finished her last word then fainted. 


Her family rushed to take her to hospital. Luckily her wound on forehead wasn't so serious. However her mental became unstable again and it made her family so worried.

It took her a year to get recover because of Minhyun's death and now it's Minki who she seems to love even more than Minhyun so they're afraid her mental health will be broken again.


From that day, her family paid more attention and care for her. She started getting mental health treatment again. For the whole first year, she tried to commit suicide countless times but her family always saved her in time. Until last time she tried to hang herself which caused her mother got attacked and was on serious condition, Haeun decided to give up on dying. She realized how miserable her family has to bear because of her. She decided to cure her own pain and started to move on. 

 

-----


It has been 5 years since Haeun separating from Minki. It has been so hard for her at recent time but as she thought about her family, she tried to cheer herself up and continue living. She recently opened a toy shop. By making herself busy, it lures her to reduce the awful reality she has been tangling with. The business runs well. Every day, she only cares about her shop and family.

Though her mental went normal, there is no day that she doesn't miss Minki. She keeps thinking if he's still alive, if he already woke up from his coma, if he is coming to her again..... She misses him and cries for him every night. She still blames herself for being the reason that Minki has to live in this state. 

With guilt she has, she dares not to go and ask about Minki from anybody even his friends or family. She feels shamed and terrible with herself. 


-----///-----

 

Today after closing her shop, Haeun went shopping before going home.


"I'm gonna cook Kimchi soup since it's so cold tonight." she said to herself while picking some groceries to make Kimchi soup. Suddenly her tears rolled down..... "It's Minki's most favorite food." she thought of him and cried all of a sudden without caring she was in public at this moment. 


"Auntie, Auntie! My Papa told me to bring this tissue to you." suddenly a little baby girl who aged around 3 or 4 years old ran to give a package of tissue to Haeun. 

Haeun looked at the kid curiously. "Oh dear, thank you!" she received the tissue from little kid and patted her head with love. 

"Where is your father by the way?" Haeun asked. 

"He's over there." little kid pointed to where her father was standing. 

Haeun looked to where little girl was pointing and saw a familiar figure she has been wishing to see for years. 

 

"Minki?" Haeun exclaimed. 

 

The man was smiling and walked to them. 

"Good job, My Rina, my good kid!" the man gave a kiss on little kid's head then lifted to carry her. 

Haeun got lost. She couldn't decide if it's real life or dream. She couldn't react anything to see someone she has been longing for right in front of her. 

 

"Minki..." she exclaimed his name again. 

 

The gentleman quickly turned to look at her after hearing she called his name. 

"Excuse me, do we know each other? You know my name?" Minki curiously asked.

"Minki, I miss you so much." she burst into tears and grabbed his hand.

"I'm sorry. I can't remember you but do we know each other? I've been in coma for 2 years. After I woke up, I seem to forget some memories... Are we friends?" he asked. 

Haeun was so shocked to hear. She finally could know that it's really her Minki but he can't remember her... 


"Papa, I'm hungry now." suddenly the little girl who Minki was carrying inside his arms, cried out of hunger. 

"OK, Papa will take you home now. Your mother is cooking for us at home." he sweetly said to his little girl. 

Then he turned to Haeun. 

"I'm sorry that I can't remember you. Please forgive me! What is our relationship and what is your name by the way?" he asked. 

Haeun tried to hold her tears and replied "You were a doctor. I was your patient 5 years ago. My name is Haeun."

Minki nodded in understanding. "I see. Then I'm going now. My little girl is craving for food. Bye bye!" Minki said then turned to leave with his kid. 


Haeun started rolling her tears again after he left. She kept watching him till he left her eyesight. 

-----

Haeun has mixed feeling. She is happy to see Minki woke up from coma but she feels broken to see Minki is already having a family. The saddest thing is he doesn't remember her anymore. 

She spent the whole night, crying. 

 

"I'm happy to see you woke up again and having a family like this. You look so happy and it's enough for me. I'm glad you forgot me. It means you don't remember your painful past anymore. Be happy, my beloved Minki." -Haeun-


-----

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter