One

Shadow of Love (A Heart Borrower)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Minhyun-ah, Minhyun, wake up! Don't leave me like this!" -Haeun-


"Sooah, Sooah! Open your eyes! I'm sorry. Please don't leave me!" -Minki-


"Minhyun, Minhyun!!!" -Haeun-


"Sooah, nooooooooo....." -Minki-


-----

 

A tragedy happened back then one year a go. Two cars got crashed at midnight on a non-busy road which caused two people to die. 

The most miserable thing is that one side consisted a couple who was going go get married in 3 days but the boy died in the accident, left the girl lived in the painful reality alone. 


Losing the love of her life, losing the man she loves the most in the world, Haeun's mental became unstable. Though it has been one year since the accident, Haeun couldn't take it. Her mental condition becomes serious day by day. 

Everyday she keeps asking for her supposed-to-be-husband; Minhyun all the times. 


"Minhyun, where are you? Our marriage is coming. Why are you keeping me waiting for so long? Minhyun....."


"Haeun, let's go back home! The checkup today has finished." Haeun's older sister carried her to walk out from the checkup room. 

"Are you taking me to meet Minhyun? Where has Minhyun gone? I miss Minhyun. I wanna meet Minhyun. Our guests are waiting at our wedding. Where is my groom?" -Haeun-

.....

This is how Haeun lives after losing her beloved boyfriend. Her life is miserable and painful. But she has a warm family. She lives with her family and receives the best care from them. Every weekend, her sister takes her for checkup at hospital. 

Her condition hasn't improved at all. She doesn't eat much and some nights she doesn't even sleep at all. She asks for Minhyun, she longs for Minhyun, she cries for Minhyun. 

Her family is very sad because of her condition. They really have no idea how to cure her. Minhyun has been the best sweetheart that's why it's just impossible for Haeun to move on and takes the reality he has died easily. 


-----

 

"Haeun, wait for me here! I'm gonna go and get your medicine then we go home." said her sister. 

Haeun was left alone at sitting area in the hospital. She was sitting alone for a while until she saw a man, she stood up and approached him. 


"Minhyun!!!" she hugged the gentleman without permission. 

"Minhyun, where have you gone for so long? I've been waiting for you. I miss you so much." she hugged him tighter and cried. 

The gentleman was shocked with her action but he is a gentle and reasonable person so he gently talked to her. 

"Miss, I think you got confused. I'm not the man who you called MINHYUN. My name is Minki. I don't think we know each other." the gentle man talked to her calmly.

Haeun lifted her face from laying on his chest to look at his face again. Their eyes met. After seeing her face clearly, Minki felt familiar, like he used to meet her somewhere before. 

"No, you're Minhyun. How can I get my boyfriend wrong? Minhyun, don't ever leave me again!" she kept insisting then hugged him tightly again. 

Minki dared not to protest her as he could feel that her mental condition isn't normal. He let her hugged him as she wanted. 

A moment later, Haena's sister arrived. She saw her sister was hugging a man so she quickly ran to them. 

"Oh my god, Haeun! Come here!" her sister grabbed her hand to release her from the gentleman. 

"What are you doing, Haeun?" 

"Unnie, I've found Minhyun. Minhyun is still alive. You see! This is my boyfriend. He hasn't died yet." she happily told her sister while pointing to the gentleman. 

"Minhyun, let's go to the church! Our guests have been waiting for us for so long already. Let's go!" Haeun grabbed Minki's hand and trying to drag him to go with her.

"It's enough, Haeun. Your boyfriend has died one year ago already. This man isn't Minhyun. Stop being like this! You have to accept it." her sister yelled at her to bring her to herself. 

Haeun stopped walking and slowly looked at Minki's face. She rolled her tears down again. 

"You're Minhyun. Everyone can forget you but I can't. You're indeed my Minhyun. You've come back to me to get married. Minhyun, you're not hurt anymore, right? Your head was covered by a lot of blood that night. Now you're totally fine so let's go and get married." she said to Minki. 

Minki was looking at her and felt so emotional even he didn't know exactly what happened to her. 

It took Minki awhile to have bravery to deny that he's not Minhyun.

"I'm not Minhyun. My name is Minki, Choi Minki. I'm a new doctor here." Minki introduced himself to her, hoping she would stop confusing. 

Haeun heard that then released her hand from holding his. She sat down and burst out crying. 

"So where is my Minhyun? I miss Minhyun. Minhyun-ah, where are you? Where is my groom? Hik hik" 


Minki was so fragile to see the girl was crying so hard, asking for the love of her life. 

"Doctor-nim, I'm sorry for my sister's behavior. She has been having mental problem after losing her boyfriend in a car accident one year ago..... Actually she never runs to hug and keeps saying somebody as her boyfriend like this. I guess her condition is getting worse now. I'm sorry. I'll take her to leave now." her sister apologized to Minki then carried her to leave the hospital. 


"Minhyun, please take me with you! Wherever you go, please take me with you because I need you. Minhyun, my love!!!"

Haeun kept turning back to shout and looked at Minki. 

Minki stood still, looking at the her too until she left his eyesight. He felt something for her. Not just feeling like he used to meet her but he felt something more than that. It's just he couldn't know what it is yet. 


-----///-----


A few days later in the same week, Haeun's sister took her to have a checkup at hospital again as usual.

Haeun kept looking for someone; it's the guy she confused him as Minhyun and she still thought it's her Minhyun. 

When her sister left her alone at sitting area, Haeun stood up and walked randomly inside the hospital. 

"Minhyun... I want to meet Minhyun. Where are you, Minhyun?....."

Without having any destination, Haeun kept walking further and further from sitting area and kept murmuring his name.

"Minhyun!!!"

She finally saw Minki and quickly ran to hug him. 

"Oops!!!" Minki startled with the sudden hug again. 

He was talking about work with another doctor in front of his office. He soon recognized it was the same girl who confused him with her lover. 


"Minhyun, I've found you again."

"Miss, you got confused again. I told you right I'm not Minhyun. I'm Minki, a doctor here not your lover." he calmly told her again. 

This time Haeun didn't care about his words. She kept hugging him tightly. 

Minki gave a brief explanation to his co-worker who stood stay looking at him. Minki told that doctor to leave her with him then he took her into his office. 


"Please have a seat!" Minki invited her to sit down. 

Haeun quickly waved her head to refuse and hugged him tighter like she's afraid of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter