TANGLED

TANGLED

3.

The café is empty since morning, the rain keeps pouring without a sign of stopping soon, maybe that’s the reason why there are no one in the café. Gun sigh as he looks around the empty café, well it’s not happen every day. Usually Gun’s café is one of the most popular café in the area, maybe because they make a delicious food and tasty coffee or maybe because the atmosphere is nice and homey, Off is the one who design the interiors by the way, and Gun has to admit that his boyfriend really know what he’s doing, or it could be the fact that Gun is the owner of the café. Gun Atthapan, who doesn’t know him? Gun is an actor, the famous one. So that must be the reason. It is rare for him to visit this café, but Gun has nothing to do, he has no schedule and Off is out with Krist to meet their new client. Gun know who is their client, it was him who introduce them, and Off has offer him to come along too, but Gun knows that kind of meeting would take hours to finish, he knows his lover and krist are maniac at work, so no thank you, Gun would never spend his previous time to sit on that kind of meeting, that’s the reason why he decided to visit one of his café, but to his disappoint it also boring in here. That until his phone ringing, its Bright.

“Hallo” Gun answer try to act all calm and un-enthusiastic, even though he knew that he’s been waiting this call ever since he wakes up this morning.

“phi.. where are you?” the other man asks, from the sound of his voice Gun know that the younger man is just wake up. Gun look at his watch, it’s almost noon, how can someone sleep that long.

“I’m at my café, why?”

“ooohhhh… why so grumpy in the morning phiii~”

“morning my ! It almost noon. I’ve been waiting for your call” Gun pout, and it was true. Gun has been waiting for Bright’s call since yesterday night, because the younger man said that he would call.

“Ahahahahhaha, I’m sorry phi… I was so tired last night”

“You are not tired Bright, you’re drunk”

“Aahahahhahahaha, you know me too well. So how about I pick you up now and we go somewhere we could…. You know…”

“then… you better be here soon before I change my mind”

Gun hang up the phone, smiling from ear to ear as he read a message that Bright just send him. Outside the rain getting heavier, and Gun’s eye once again wander to the outside. Gun love the smell of the rain, he loves watching how the water fall from the sky and also the sound is calming him. It gives some kind of nostalgic vibe, that’s why he like when the rainy season is coming. And this year, something special come along, or should he call it someone?  

His name is Bright, and just like his name, the man is blinding. They meet at the bar; Gun remembers coming to that bar to celebrate Arm’s birthday. He never visits that bar before, but Arm said that the bar was good and turn out he was right.

Gun thought he would never experience this kind of feeling ever again, he’s been in relationship with Off for so long that he already forgets how it feel to be interested in someone else. Gun will never call it love, no it isn’t. but something in Bright is pulling him, maybe it was the way he played his guitar, or maybe it was his voice, or maybe it was his eyes, the way he looks at Gun with those sharp eyes. Whatever it was, it caught Gun’s attention. That night Gun can’t take his eyes from the man on the stage, soon he learns that the man’s name was Bright, his band is always playing every weekend in this café, and also the fact that Bright was so famous he has his own fangirls.

It was almost midnight when Bright approaching him, they’ve been stealing glance the whole night and now when the younger man was standing right beside him, Gun realize just how handsome thin man is. He must be drunk, Gun think to himself, yeah it must be the alcohol taking control of his brain.

“Can I sit here?” Bright ask as he pointing at the empty chair beside Gun. The older man nod and let him sit beside him.

“It’s my honor” he said again

“What?” the music was a bit load so it’s a bit hard to hear Bright voice. The younger man lean closer and whisper in Gun’s ear.

“I said it an honor to meet you in here”

Gun can feel the other man breath on his skin and he shiver, he turns his head and he look at Bright with confused look. “What do you mean?”

“well it’s rare to see Gun Attaphan hanging out in this kind of small bar” the man smiling again

“ahahhaha” Gun laugh

“You look cuter in real life than on TV”

“What are you trying to do?” Gun ask, still smiling as he sip his drink. The man beside him still smiling too and Gun find himself get trap in those beautiful smile of him.

“Well, I’m trying to hit on you, is it too obvious?” Bright answer and lean even closer “Hope you don’t mind”

Gun smile and move his face closer, there just an inch distance between them.  “I don’t… in fact I quite like it”

“So… would you like to go somewhere else, somewhere more quite, so we could get to know each other better” Bright was tilting his head, smile still plastering oh his face.

Gun must be so drunk that night, because he let the younger man take his hand and follow him out of the bar. From the corner of his eyes Gun can see Arm staring at him, but he didn’t care, he can’t think about anything else but the man in front of him, holding his hand and pulling him toward his car.

When he woke up the next morning, Gun feel a terrible headache. He pinched his eye trying to reduce the pain, after a few minutes of adjusting the pain he finally can open his eye. He looked around the room and find Bright in front of the window, he is shirtless with only his boxer on and a cigarette on his lips. The moment he realized that Gun was awake he smile at him and Gun found his smile was addicting.

“come here” Bright’s voice was a little bit hoarse, he tilt his head and once again, the so blinding smile appear on his face.

Gun feels like he was hypnotized by those smile, he lost control of his mind and suddenly all he wanted was just to be seeing those smile as long as he can. Gun got out from the bed, still holding the blanket around his body because he realized that he didn’t wear anything underneath. Bright smile got wider as he watched the smaller man walk with the blanket around his body, Gun look so cute and suddenly Bright got the urge to pull him back to the bed, must be feel so comfy to cuddle up with Gun all day. The younger man stretched his hands as he welcome Gun into his hug and Gun accepted the invitation, he sit between Bright’s legs and lean his head on Bright’s chest, a pair of strong arm wrap around his body.

“So…. You are smoking…” Gun said as he watched the other man blew the smoke out of his mouth. Of course he is, Gun thought, how stupid he is to say something so obvious like that. Gun looked around the room, he realized that last night he has no time to look around the room, coz right after the door was closed Gun didn’t have time to look around, Bright was already pushing him to the bed and Gun forget almost everything after that. Well maybe not everything, he still remembered all those sweet words that Bright whispered on Gun’s ears all night, how the younger man’s arm held his body, the taste of his lips and other things that happen after that, yeah Gun remember everything. Bright room was messy, Gun can see all those dirty clothes on the floor, empty cigarette boxes and some leftover, its typical boy’s room. Some poster was hanging on the wall, and Gun didn’t know all of them. On the other side of the room, all Bright’s guitars was placed neatly, of all things in his room, that is the only neat spot that Gun find, and it bring smile on his lips, to think that Bright must love his guitar so much that he spend more time to take care of it.

“Yes I’m… why? You don’t like it?” Bright take his cigarette and place it in the ashtray beside him.  The window was open, the morning wind blow softly, it blew Bright’s hair and he struggle to fix it.

“No, I’m okay with it” Gun said “Actually… I wanna know how it taste”

“You wanna try?” amusement was all over Bright’s face, as he offer his cigarette. Gun was hesitating for a moment but decided to try it, he put the cigar on his lips and inhale, but it taste weird and as soon as the smoke fill his lungs the small boy was choke and start to coughing. He can hear Bright’s laughter as he tried his best to take out all the smoke from his lugs. It took him a few minutes and Bright was still laughing when he was done.

“It’s not funny” Gun pout, bright is no longer laughing but the smile never leaves his face.

“You’re too cute for this kind of things you know” he said and ruffled Gun’s hair. Then he took something from the table beside him. “It’s more suitable for you”

Gun was smiling and shake his head as he saw the strawberry lollypop on Bright’s hand, well if Bright think that Gun was a typical ‘cute’ guy, then he was totally wrong, Gun has a dark side of himself no matter how cute he look from the outside. But he still took the candy and eat it, well it taste a bit weird after the smoke incident.

Bright arms once again wrapped around Gun’s body but this time it was tighter from earlier. Gun’s head still leaning on Bright’s chest and he can hear the other man heartbeat. Gun sigh and close his eye, the warm from the other man body comfort him. His cellphone was turn off tight after he leave the bar last night, he can imagine all the calls and text messages from Off, his boyfriend must be worry… or angry… will he be in trouble once he get back home?  Gun know very well that this is dangerous, he risk his relationship with Off, the relationship that he proud of, the relationship that he cherish the most, just to feel this kind of sensation, the adrenaline of being with someone else behind his lover’s back. Call him crazy, because he is crazy and all the things that happen last night was crazy, but Gun enjoy it, he enjoy every moment and he cant wait to experience it once again. It’s not that he doesn’t love Off anymore, no. Off is the love of his love, he love him with all his heart but with Off he can’t feel this kind of sensations, Off is always gentle and treat him like a delicate ceramics, while Bright was a total opposite. Gun think that this will be the first and the last one-night stand for him, because no matter how he enjoys the time he spends with Bright, Off still his lover, and he never want to lose him.

But the feel of the wind on his face, the taste of cigarette and strawberry in his mouth and the strong arms around his body make him distracted, because half of himself want this moment to last forever. Gun sigh, eyes still closed, trying to understand and keep asking himself is it worth to risking all he has to this one moment?

“I don’t know what is it…. But, I never feel this happy before” Bright voice was barely as whisper, but Gun can hear it clearly. “Thank you” and he kiss Gun’s forehead and once again those blinding smile appear. Gun once again sign and turn his body, sitting on Bright’s lap as he put his arms around the younger man’s shoulders. He look at the man in front of him, so handsome and so perfect. Bright dark eyes staring back at Gun and he feel something on his stomach. Its not love, Gun remind himself, it will never be love.

“Me too” and with that Gun lean closer and kiss the younger man on the lips. Its okay, Gun think, its just for one night, this would never happen again.

When Gun arrive at his apartment, Off wasn’t there and from the text message Off send him this morning, Gun knew that his lover has a meeting with client. Gun quickly run to the bath room and take a shower, he can smell the scent of Bright all over his body. After taking a long bath time Gun walk to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee when someone was knocking on his door. It was Arm, Gun’s best friends. He look so upset and start yelling at him the moment he enter the room. Gun know this will happen,  Arm was at the bar and he saw everything, he saw how he flirt with Bright and he also saw Gun leaving the bar with Bright and being the only friend that Gun has, Off must be called arm last night to asked Gun whereabouts.

“it was just one night, I was drunk and it would never happen again. You know how much I love Off right” was all Gun defense, and Arm was still judging him. Gun knew his best friend like an open book, he knew that Arm wouldn’t believe him that easy. But Gun would never admit that the night he spend with Bright is mean something for him. so after an hour of yelling at him Arm left, Gun sigh and check his phone, he’s about to call Off when a message come up.

‘its Bright… I know its crazy but I really want to see you again…’

Gun heart skip a bit as he read the message and without thinking he delete it, no he doesn’t need that. He quickly dial the number he remember by heart. After a few rings, his lover’s voice heard from the other line.

“You’re home yet? I talk with arm last night, he said that you are so drunk and passed out, are you okay” Gun smile knowing Arm would always get his back no matter what happen and he is so lucky to have him as best friend.

“Yeah, everything is fine, sorry about last night… you must be so worry my phone…”

But before Gun can finish his sentence his lover cut him off.

“No its okay.. I’ll call you latter okay… I still with my client” Off said

“It’s okay, call me if you finish”

“OK, Love you”

“Love you too”

Suddenly those three words seem to lose its true meaning.