TANGLED

TANGLED

2.

The rain is still pouring, its almost noon but the sky is getting darker. Its rainy season now, rain pouring almost everyday, but today is the heaviest. The wind blow hard when a black BMW drive to the parking lot, Tay sigh as he look at the sky above him, he forgot his umbrella and the distance from the parking lot to the entrance of his apartment is quite far, he haS to make a run and his cloths will be wet and also his new shoes. He sigh again, this shoes are his favorite.

Knock knock

The knock on his car window startle him. He look up and smile when he see who is standing outside. It's New, his best friend, or is he? Nah, their relationship is so complicated, its too difficult to understand and its also so complicated to explain, so Tay likes to call it 'best friend'.

"Thank you" Tay open the door and take the umbrella from new's hand, the other man smile and put his hand on Tay's arm.

"Lets gets inside quickly" New says as he pull Tay toward the apartment building.

Tay and New has been friend for so long, they know each other like an open book. They knew each other since elementary school, call it fate or just coincidence but they always end up attending the same school even same class. New is such a good boy, he's the smartest in all of their classes, he's nice and funny, people are likes to hang around with him, and Tay found the presence of New around him brings comfort. Tay can't remember when it happen, the last thing he realized is that he need New to be by his side, he hate to be apart from the other boy and the weirdest thing is that every time he look at his best friend's smiling face, his heart would skip a beat, he can feels his face burning and his ears turning red. He hate it when New being nice to other, he hate when New smiling or just chatting with other person, seems like he just want to keep New for him self. Tay spend all his senior year in high school to deal with this new feeling toward his best friend. He try to understand, to accept it but still its so hard to just admit it, how can he? New is his best friend, and most importantly New is guy too. It must be so damn awkward it Tay confess his feeling to New. What if New doesn't like him that way? Will it effect their friendship? Of course it will!! The fear of losing New is so scary to imagine, so Tay decided to keep it a secret. The secret that just him and only him know. Besides, love is love. Even thought you can said it out loud, Tay knew his best friend will eventually realized, someday... he will know.

So when they, once again, enrolled in the same University, Tay was more relax. He already accept his feeling and decided to keep it from him self. So he tried to act normal every time girls trying to flirt with his best friend, well New is handsome, tall with a pale white skin and pouty lips. He also smart and nice and funny, who wouldn't fall for him? But for Tay's relief, New never accept any girls who confess to him. Every time Tay asked him about it, New always said that he wanted to focus on his study, he didn't want to disappointing his mother who worked hard to pay his tuition. New's father has passed away, so its just only New and his mother, who own a small bakery shop.

Well, that is one of a million reasons why Tay love New so much, he just perfect! So responsible and caring for people around him, Tay learn a lot from him. Tay him self was born in rich family, his family has their own company, Tay also the oldest and the only son, so his father always told him to study hard because one day he would be the one leading the company. Tay understand that, he know his responsibility, but to be honest it wasn't his interest. Actually, Tay hasn't really thought about what will he do once he graduates, but he was sure that leading the company is out of his list. But fate is fate, its already written for him, long before he even born, so he end up doing the thing he hate the most.

Tay is now working at his father company, he is one of the directors there and so far he is doing good. His father seems satisfied with his work, but for Tay it was so hard to handle. Too much meetings and business trips, too much documents to sign and proposals to review. Its not the life he wants. But he doesn't have any other choice right? just like what he said earlier; Fate is fate, and this is his fate, he have to life with it like it or not.

And weekends was his escape from hims hectic work days, he always said to his secretary that he doesn't want to be bother on his day off, he also always turn his phone off and leave it on the desk, never bother to check it. It's the only time he can spend his day with New, that's the reason why he love weekends so much. After they graduated from university, New work at a hospital as a nurse. New love his job so much, even the schedule was too busy for Tay. The shift New take is too long, sometime he even sleep in hospital and Tay doesn't like it at all. he tried to talk about it but New just smile and said that he is fine, and tell him that Tay also has a busy schedule.

 

And today Tay just arrived from his business trip from Japan, he told his secretary that he want to drive home by himself, because he knew New will be waiting for him, and to his relief his best friend already waiting for him. This apartment is the only place That Tay consider home, maybe because in here he can do whatever he wants to do without being criticized. Tay love to take a picture, and he really good at it. he never consider to be a professional photographer because he knew his father would never let him be, so he just doing it for fun. And as time goes by Tay realized that this is the only thing that he enjoy the most, just walking around town with camera in his hand, and if he lucky enough New would come along with him. Tay likes to take a beautiful scenery, and of all the beautiful scenery he ever take, there's always New in it. if you ever walk into Tay bed's room you would think that you are in some kind of photo exhibition and the main object would be New. because really, you could see New's face all over the place. New ever ask Tay about it, but the other man just shrug and said that it was only coincident. yeah, so much for coincident.

If there's something that bad at, it would be lying. The man is perfect, he's tall with a good body, his eye and skin was dark giving that mysterious vibe, his stare is cold but it make him look cool, and don't forget to mention that he is rich and smart too. see Tay is perfect, but he is so a good boy, he always listen to what his parents said, he's so polite and sincere. Maybe that the reason why he can't lie, he's so bad at this, sometime New found it too funny. And after a long time of friendship New learn about Tay's feeling toward him. He can see it clearly in Tay, like how he treat New differently, how he look at him, or the way Tay get jealous every time someone approaching him. And New is in love too, he love Tay so much it sometime hard to bear, when he realized that Tay also love him, he really wish he could tell him the truth. But New love him enough not to tell him anything. because he realized that this love isn't normal, that not all the people would accept them.

If only Tay isn't the heir to the one of the biggest company in Thailand, maybe New would break all the rules and ignore all the negative comments. but he can't do that, because now all the attention is pointed at Tay, everyone wants to know who is the heir and is he really capable to replace his father to lead the company. Of all people, New knew how hard for Tay to prove that he can do it, that he deserve all of this. There's so much things that Tay sacrificed to be where he is now, and New would do the same. This love, it grow even bigger everyday. it filling his heart and there is no room for anything else. For New Tay is the only thing and he knew Tay feel the same way.

"Im sooo tired" Tay sigh and lay his body to the bed. he really miss his bed because he cant smell New's scene in it. He knew that New will always sleep in his apartment every time he is on business trip. New smells like vanilla, so sweet and addicting. Tay reach out his hand and pulling New's hand, the other man isn't aware and fall right beside Tay on the bed. Tay quickly warm his hand around New's body, knowing very well that the other man would try to escape.

"Teeeee... what are you doing?? let me goooo"

"Shhhh, just keep quite for a moment Hin, I'm sleepy"

New can feel Tay hug getting tighter around his body, and New like how they fit perfectly for each other, so New close his eyes as he listen to Tay's heartbeat. in his heart he's praying, if there is really an afterlife, he hope that he would meet Tay again, but this time everything will be different. He hope that they wouldn't need to hide their feeling, he hope that they can say 'i love you' to each other without being afraid of the consequences. Because he knew that they are meant to be, they just don't have the opportunity to prove it.