-2-

Candy Store
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-2- 

“Only my shadow knows, How I feel about you...” 

-From the song, Shadow by Austin Mahone, 2014- 

Arin wakes up in the late morning, sensing a good cook of soup. As she enters the small living room, all the messy things that she left out before sleep are now gone, the sound of cooking utensils can be heard and she knew that it’s going to be a long breakfast argument.  

It's her college ex. Weird right? How can someone’s ex be comfortable and make things in to your home? And Arin literally feels nervous.  

“I know you are right there, just be seated and I'll serve you one.” A tall giant named Sikyung make a way out of her little kitchen with a kettle in his hand. Shaking his head upon saw her states. “I wonder why did I fall for you?” 

Hwang Arin scoffs, and brush her hair with her hands. “Answer them yourselves, it’s not my fault that you are easy to fall.” letting out a silly face and seat across to him. 

Sikyung then just smiles, He knows Arin didn’t take it into her heart because it is totally opposite of what he’s doing right now. Why is he spending his time here after a toxic duty when he can just go home and sleep all he wants? Ah, because when he stops by at the market the old lady Jeon looks like she got something to say and later on he knows that Arin is out here and is he knew she is getting hard on herself. 

He watches her eats and remembers on how they met. 

… 

Sikyung furrows his eyebrows and look with annoyance with his friends who are laughing together, “You can’t make it do you?” They when they finally knew his little crush to Hwang Arin. They realize it on how he is secretly glancing when she eats alone in the busy cafeteria. 

He is annoyed that his friend make fun of his feelings and think is it’s a joke, this isn’t the first time this happens to him, they just say whatever they want and isn’t comfortable. Aright he may be rejected but it will sure feel good when he is done with this circle of friend, as in for good. Since they’re at it might as well finish this. “I’m so ing done with you. You can me all you want but you can’t take my feelings as a joke.” he said and make his way to the girl who is busy eating her kimbap. 

When he saw her, she makes his anger goes away and thinks that even if he gets rejected it doesn’t matter anymore. He knocks on the table. The girl slowly turned her head up and that’s it.  

“Can I eat with you?”  

Hwang Arin’s facial expression looks so confuse, but she accepts it anyway, the lunch feels so quiet and he knew she is nervous when he feels her feet accidentally kick his, and it was totally over action of him just because he wants to do something.  

Following with that sound, “You want to have a cup of tea?” While she is busy how to make it to him since it sounds painful and looks at him in bewilderment but still ask if he is okay. He nodded.  

“I’m sorry it’s just the midterm coming up and I don’t even drink coffee I guess it’s my bad habit and----” 

“It’s okay! I’m sorry that I make a sound.” He cut her and hopes he isn’t coming out rudely. “I also want to break it off but I don’t know how.” 

“I make a good tea, it will totally calm you.” 

Hwang Arin, still unsure how to say and it’s weird. “Oh, I mean you can stop by at the bubble tea just in the right side of west wing...I work there.” and pass a flier. 

She still has the confuse expression but smiles, “Did you just promote your bubble tea?”  

Sikyung is so nervous and glad that he has a purpose to come for her. Since then she always come in the shop in order for her to cure her habit and for him to pursue her. 

… 

“Ah, your cooking is the best, I could literally make one for myself.” Hwang Arin is very much satisfied with the stew that he made.  

“You can make one, but nothing beats with the one I made right?” As she agreed and stand up to bring water, Sikyung hold her hand.  

“Should we just go back together?”  

She may be startled for a while, and laugh it off. “What? Did you finally fall for me?” she jokes just to make it easier for her to escape the conversation. 

“I... I heard you drink last night. From auntie Jeon. Okay, forget the reconciliation but at least give me assurance that you are doing well on your own, can you do that for me?” 

The silence lasted for a minute that feels so long between them, she seated “It’s just...that place remind me of someone.”  

“It is the same story from before?”  

“This maybe not a big deal for anyone, but I... I just couldn’t accept the reality that he left me without even saying goodbye. At least, we’ve made a great friend... I deserve an explanation.” 

“You tell me that you guys are friends for life.” Sikyung said, it was the same painful story she always said.  

She groans. “Ah, 7 years have passed. It always creeping me up. Is that even normal? I also want to move on but I just couldn’t.” Arin said, it doesn’t have to be a big deal right?  

“That is perfectly normal Arin, that is your feelings, it matters. You are d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter