-1-

Candy Store
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-1-

“I think I'm falling in love with you, and I don't know what to do, I'm afraid you'd turn away, but I'll say it anyway.” 

- from the song Fallin' by Janno Gibbs, 2004.-

Arin is looking at a bench, that is like no one’s dare to seat even there is a lot of kids which cutely teasing the owner, who—just someone that she respects and the one who watched her and Baekhyun grow up, painfully.  

She let out a chuckle when there are really two kids, just the age where love can bloom.  The sunset, the store and the kids get her reminisce her good old days, like it was really the moment that was made for her to get out of her exhausting day and let her breath for a while, even those memories can be painful. 

Like she was getting out of it, she remembers her junior high just the right time where she confidently said her what is in her head. Full of falling in love with the idea of him.

… 

Arin excitedly get into the store, The owner scoffs. “You must be really excited huh.” She nodded and put in the candy that she bought for him---which he can’t stand to eats, the sour candy.  

They both agreed to meet at the same place, the Candy store right in front of her place. She has something to say for him, strangely she is very confident to say it that she likes him, Baekhyun is a wholesome and best boyfriend you could ever think, he never broke a promise ever since they are friends on their younger years, after all being loyal on your younger days is very beautiful to think. It’s a charm, means your parents treat you with love and cares for you. 

Promise can be broken, but If you were to make up, then it isn’t a broken promise. That is what parents Is like. But for friendship? We’ll see.  

First of all, Baekhyun is pretty late for their meeting which is not his usual. Arin moves her feet out of anxiety.  The sunset is making her feel scares, what if Baekhyun ditch her? And more painful what ifs.  

Just then Baekhyun shows up far from away, walking in the walk side. Arin now feels at ease and walk towards him. 

“Ya Baekhyun! Why are you just arriving now? You are making me worried!”  

Baekhyun smiles and put his arms around her shoulder, “I’m sorry! I forgot to said that I am assigned for today’s cleaner so...Let’s eat what you have bought and talk!”  

As they get seated, they talk about their childhood, “You are like scaredy cat back then!” Arin rebate to his teasing for being weak, “crying for a grasshopper!”  

Arin thinks that they are into it, so might as well say it. “You know what? Even if we are completely opposite of our behavior...” 

Baekhyun looks at her, “That’s what our friendship last longer, no matter how we are so opposite. But we always got each other's back.” he smiles, he wishes for more friendship with her. People around them always thinks that their friendship is just an empty can, because they think he is just making it because he feels responsible for her, but it is completely different. For the past year of it they are getting responsible for their own life, and grow with each other. Young? nope, this is the youth. 

Arin nodded as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter