Chapter 10

Blooming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

white jasmine; /waɪt ˈdʒæzmɪn/; forever after

“forever and always”

After Mark said his farewells to his students, he quickly changed into his formal attire and styled his hair accordingly. He checked that all the lights and air conditioning were off before locking every practice rooms. He was the last person to be in the dance studio as the receptionist took a half day and the other instructors had already ended their classes earlier. Once he locked the main entrance of the dance studio, he entered his car and drove off to another destination.

It has been a year since he secured a job at being a dance teacher for middle schoolers in the neighbourhood and he has loved it ever since. He loved watching the fiery passion his students had when they danced since it reminded him of his younger self. And to be the one teaching them his original choreography, it made his work a whole lot meaningful.

Following his graduation in college as he obtained a degree in dance, Mark figured he was more suitable to be a dance instructor rather than a professional dancer. He wanted to be an inspiration to those who wanted to pursue this form of art as a career. Another simple reason was also because he loved to teach. This has been proven through him being a president for the dance club in both his high school and college days.

Though it was hard to find a job, Mark was considered lucky enough to have the opportunity to be a dance instructor. It was a coincidence that there was a job opening when he was still a fresh graduate.

Thirty minutes have passed when Mark finally arrived at his destination. There was already a crowd at the entrance in which was of a no surprise. It was expected to happen given how they were about to witness the most spectacular show in their entire life.

And luckily for him, Mark did not have to go through the long line as he promptly stated his name at the reception. Even before he has the chance to clarify who he was, the person behind the counter has already handed him a ticket. He gladly took it and entered the theatre, finding his designated seat.

“Sorry that I’m late. I got a class just now.”

“As long as you’re here on time, it doesn’t matter.”

Mark greeted her parents, taking a seat beside them.

“You’re finally here! We’re about to call you since it’s about to start soon.”

Jackson gave Mark a hug when he spotted his friend which was soon followed by Yu Gyeom, Kei and Su Jeong who had reached the place ten minutes ago. After five years, the group of friends still kept in touch and grew closer than before.

There were many occasions to celebrate and this performance was about to be another special day worthy of celebrating. The lights started to dim and the hush whispers in the theatre began to quiet down, signalling the show was about to commence. The red velvety curtains drew apart and the whole room was in a total silence that one could hear a pin drop.

All eyes were on Mi Joo now.

And the moment the music started, everyone was in a ride full of emotions. It was magical, spectacular and brilliant. The way she moved so elegantly and the way she portrayed those emotions so realistically. Everyone was in awe, not taking their eyes off her for even a second.

Mark stopped breathing the moment she took the first step. It was as if time has paused at this very instant. Mi Joo was so stunning – not that she was not before but she was exceptionally beautiful on this very day. He still could not believe how he managed to be with such an amazing person even after five years of being together.

He was immensely proud of her success and how she has come this far since high school. Being with her for five years now and still counting, Mark always finds something new to love her every single day. Like how she would scrunch her nose cut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter