5/6

meet me halfway.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Junmyeon has started to show signs of pre-heat. The omega has not left the hut for one whole week, only cocooned in the nest he made which mostly consists of gifts from Yifan (his shirts). It has been seven days ever since his last encounter with the alpha.

 

He misses Yifan terribly.

 

The distress radiating from the omega interrupts the moods of the pack. Even Junmyeon’s mother has had a hard time making her son eat because Junmyeon rarely shows his face out of his nest.

 

He repeats the same sentence every day to his parents whenever they convince him to at least roam inside their hut. “I want to see Yifan,” Comes the soft muffled voice from the nest on the twelfth day. It has Junmyeon’s father holding in a growl upon hearing the name but Junmyeon’s mother calms him down.

 

She leaves the plate of food near the bed and also the bunch of flowers from Yifan which was left on their doorstep this morning. She then succeeds in persuading Junmyeon’s father to leave their son alone.

 

Junmyeon cradles the pink camellias to his chest, sniffling, completely ignoring the food. Junmyeon’s mother who has been peeking into her son’s room closes the door quietly, passing the information to her alpha. The elder alpha only sighs.

 

Once it is night, the pack is still at unease since Junmyeon’s scent has not changed. It is heavy with misery mixed with a longing for a certain alpha. Said alpha has been patrolling for flowers and has been killing off the escaped outsiders who have seen his to-be mate on that day.

 

Junmyeon cannot sleep because he feels dizzy. Not only that, but there is a particular smell that is keeping him awake the whole night. The citrus scent is so near. As if it is in the hut. Junmyeon wants to cry but no tears are coming out.

 

He misses Yifan so much.

 

All he wants is to see him just for once but he knows his father will turn him down. The whole pack acknowledges that they are about to be mates but it seems like Junmyeon’s father is opposed to the idea ever since that day they almost were attacked.

 

Junmyeon understands his father’s concern, he really does, but Yifan kept him safe, did he not? He kept his word. Junmyeon sniffles remembering how gentle the alpha held him that day. He just wants to see him…

 

He must be missing Yifan so much until the alpha’s scent is suddenly so close.

 

As if he is right next to his bed.

 

“Junmyeon… ?” 

 

Junmyeon covers his ears with his palms, the nest moving as he does so. He must be listening to things. There is no way Yifan is next to his bed. A whimper slips out of Junmyeon’s mouth, missing him too much until he cannot take it anymore.

 

“It’s okay,” The voice speaks again so softly, “Don’t cry…” Junmyeon’s shoulders jerk out of surprise once something is patting his nest. He swallows thickly. Can it be? Is Yifan really in his room? How can he be inside? Junmyeon must be dreaming. He must have lost his mind.

 

“Junmyeon?” 

 

Said male removes the bundle of clothes from his head one by one. There, next to his bed, Yifan is crouched in front of it. Junmyeon releases a shaky breath, not believing in what he is witnessing, “Alpha… ?”

 

Yifan reaches out a tentative hand from where he is, having a sad smile on his handsome face. Junmyeon nearly dashes out of the nest. He holds the warm hand, bringing it up to his face to nuzzle it.

 

Yifan notes the meaning of the gesture so he takes a spot beside the nest, movements slow. Junmyeon pulls him closer though. “I’m sorry,” Yifan begins, eyes lowering down to the bundle of clothes.

 

Junmyeon has a smile on his face but it disappears fast, “It’s not your fault…” Yifan does not feel any better even after he killed them off. The fact that Junmyeon’s father still has not spoken a word to him makes him feel twice guiltier.

 

“Can you stay… ?”

 

Yifan brings his vision to the omega’s eyes who avoids his gaze, his hand now being held. “Is it okay for you?” Junmyeon nods, never leaving his hand from the alpha’s grip. He pushes the nest away little by little to let the alpha climb on the bed next to his side.

 

Junmyeon clings onto him as soon as he lays down, nuzzling and rubbing his scent on Yifan like crazy. Yifan does the same, his thumb caressing the omega’s hipbone, his nose snuggling into the smaller’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter